|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 95-140.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy find when he returns the call that came when he was gone?
(a) Crab was arrested.
(b) Crab is sick.
(c) Frank beat Crab up.
(d) Mavis is sick.
2. What do Crab and Jimmy do after taking evasive action?
(a) Ditch the car.
(b) Camouflage the car.
(c) Double back.
(d) Lay low.
3. What does Jimmy think about doing after he gets back from Crab's errand?
(a) Getting a bus ticket back to New York.
(b) Calling Mama Jean.
(c) Turning Crab in.
(d) Running away.
4. What changes Mama Jean's mood?
(a) She learns that Jimmy has to be punished for being absent so much.
(b) She learns that Jimmy's father has been released from prison.
(c) She learns that Jimmy's father is going to send her some money for Jimmy.
(d) She learns that Crab wants to take Jimmy to Chicago.
5. What is Jimmy's status in Crab's eyes?
(a) He is the only person whose ideas matter to him any more.
(b) He is still impressionable and can be told anything about Crab's background.
(c) He is the only one left who might care about him.
(d) He is the only person who does not know the truth about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has this gap between intention and action been going on, as the novel begins?
2. What happens to Jimmy on his way to the place where he'll spend the night?
3. What does Mama Jean offer Jimmy?
4. How does Frank pay for the rental?
5. What does Crab want Jimmy to inquire about when he sends him back inside?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)