|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man who talks to Jimmy?
(a) The Principal.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) The Guidance Counselor.
2. What is Jimmy's class preparing for?
(a) A theatre performance.
(c) Achievement tests.
(d) Field day.
3. What changes Mama Jean's mood?
(a) She learns that Jimmy's father is going to send her some money for Jimmy.
(b) She learns that Jimmy's father has been released from prison.
(c) She learns that Crab wants to take Jimmy to Chicago.
(d) She learns that Jimmy has to be punished for being absent so much.
4. How long has this gap between intention and action been going on, as the novel begins?
(a) A few weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) A month or two.
5. What is Jimmy's intention as the novel begins?
(a) To go to school.
(b) To get good grades.
(c) To skip school.
(d) To see his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmy expect from Cookie's news?
2. What does Crab do when Cookie knocks on the door?
3. How does Crab's arrival change things for Jimmy? He is thrust into a role he has never played. He is no longer free. He has to use all his resources just to keep himself safe. He is constantly in danger and is overwhelmed by it.
4. What does Mama Jean say when she comes in?
5. Why does Crab have to leave as soon as possible?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)