|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople dread?
(b) Presidency elections
(c) The winter
(d) The major's visit
2. What is Henry going to show Hank how to do?
(c) Cut trees
(d) Talk to women
3. This section begins with a reference to _________.
(a) Country music
(b) Family love
4. What does Henry go into town to get?
5. What does Hank do with the thermometer?
(a) Throws it away
(b) Breaks it
(c) Gives it back to Lee
(d) Hides it
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Evenwrite learn from his father?
2. What kind of instrument does the musician at the Snag destroy?
3. What special day is the day after the funeral?
4. What does Hank limit at the Snag?
5. Simone get a gift of __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 8.
2. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 7.
3. Describe what happens at the Snag in Chapter 6, Part 2.
4. How do Evenwrite and Draeger get to the Stamper's house?
5. Why is Simone so happy?
6. In what way has Simone changed in Chapter 10?
7. What is Willard Eggleston's situation?
8. In what way are the Canadian geese in both Hank and Lee's thoughts?
9. Describe Hank's time at the Snag.
10. What is Hank's reason for not putting an end to the strike?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)