|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Snag always do good business?
(a) When the weather is bad
(b) When there is a fight
(c) At Christmas
(d) On Wednesdays
2. Where do the men go after their supper?
(a) The woods
(b) The shack
(c) The town hall
(d) The Snag
3. How does Joe-Ben vent his excited energy?
(a) Paints walls
(b) Shouts at his wife
(c) Runs around the block
(d) Has a beer
4. What is the rat trying to crack open?
(a) A window
(b) A safe
(c) A monkey nut
(d) A walnut
5. What does Draeger try to convince Hank to stop?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hank react to Willard's death?
2. Simone get a gift of __________.
3. Where does Stokes watch the funeral?
4. Who does Willard's mistress plan to marry?
5. What does Simone put in the back of her closet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Evenwrite and Draeger get to the Stamper's house?
2. Why is Evenwrite worried about the rain?
3. Describe Hank's time at the Snag.
4. Why is Jenny tossing shells onto her bed?
5. Why does Hank not want Joe-Ben to shoot the geese?
6. What is different about the novel's point of view?
7. Why does Henry need to show Hank how to cut trees the old fashioned way?
8. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 8.
9. Summarize the novel
10. What does Lee realize as he watches his brother fight and beat up Biggy?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)