|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hank react to Willard's death?
(a) With a smile
(b) With a laugh
(c) With anger
(d) With shock
2. Where has Lee left the thermometer?
(a) The drawing room
(b) Viv's room
(c) The bathroom
(d) The kitchen
3. What crushes Hank's arm?
(a) A bear
(b) A cement mixer
(c) A truck
(d) A tree
4. What special day is the day after the funeral?
(a) Christmas day
(c) New Years day
5. Where does Joe-Ben go after he drops off his family?
(a) The town hall
(b) The bordello
(c) The Snag
(d) The church
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry stop off to kill time?
2. What is Hank doing at the river?
3. Of whom is Hank getting suspicious?
4. Who drives Hank and Lee home?
5. Where does Hank go after his visit to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Willard's phone call to Hank.
2. What does Lee realize as he watches his brother fight and beat up Biggy?
3. In what way does Hank show that he is losing control?
4. How does Hank react to Willard's death?
5. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 11.
6. Why is Evenwrite worried about the rain?
7. Why does Hank not want Joe-Ben to shoot the geese?
8. Summarize the novel
9. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 8.
10. What is Willard Eggleston's situation?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)