|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe-Ben plan to do at the town hall?
(a) Gate crush the meeting
(b) Destroy evidence
(c) Eavesdrop on the meeting
(d) Argue the Stampers case
2. Where does Stokes watch the funeral?
(a) From his balcony
(b) The Snag
(c) On top of the hill
(d) In the town hall
3. What do Lee and Hank both comment on in their narratives?
(b) Bob cats
(c) The strike
4. What does Lee receive from the nurse?
(d) Cough syrup
5. Who does Henry banter with in the bar?
(a) Indian Jenny
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens a day after the accident?
2. What tries to attack Draeger and Evenwrite?
3. When does the Snag always do good business?
4. What kind of instrument does the musician at the Snag destroy?
5. What does Henry go into town to get?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Willard's phone call to Hank.
2. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 6, Part 2.
3. What is Willard's mistress' plan to continue their relationship?
4. What is Hank's reason for not putting an end to the strike?
5. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 10.
6. Why is Evenwrite worried about the rain?
7. Why is Simone so happy?
8. Describe the prologue that opens Chapter 9.
9. Why does Henry need to show Hank how to cut trees the old fashioned way?
10. Why does Lee refuse to get out of bed?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)