|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willard tell Hank he is planning to do?
(a) organize a picket
(b) Kill himself
(c) Leave town
(d) Kill Hank
2. How much money will Lee get from Henry's death?
3. What is the weather like on the night Hank and Newton fight?
(a) Heavy rain
4. What is Hank making it impossible for people in the town to do?
(a) Make a living
(b) Have fun
(c) Score drugs
(d) Set up families
5. How does Hank react to Willard's death?
(a) With a smile
(b) With shock
(c) With a laugh
(d) With anger
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is returning home at the beginning of the chapter?
2. What is the rat trying to crack open?
3. What is Viv massaging into Lee's back?
4. Why does Lee exaggerate the extent of his illness?
5. This section begins with a reference to _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about the novel's point of view?
2. Why does Henry need to show Hank how to cut trees the old fashioned way?
3. Describe what happens at the Snag in Chapter 6, Part 2.
4. Describe Hank's time at the Snag.
5. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 8.
6. Why is Simone so happy?
7. Why does Hank not want Joe-Ben to shoot the geese?
8. Why is Jenny tossing shells onto her bed?
9. What does Joe-Ben think about as he positions himself to eavesdrop on the town meeting?
10. What does Lee realize as he watches his brother fight and beat up Biggy?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)