|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who narrates the funeral?
2. What ends Lee and Viv's conversation?
(a) People shouting outside
(b) A smashed window
(c) Hank's return
(d) A storm
3. What does Hank limit at the Snag?
(b) His drug intake
(c) Talk about a strike
(d) His drinking intake
4. What is Jenny doing at the beginning of the chapter?
(b) Telling stories
(d) Fortune telling
5. What is the name of the Snag's bartender?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee moves into _________.
2. Where does Hank go after his visit to the hospital?
3. What is Henry going to show Hank how to do?
4. Who does Willard's mistress plan to marry?
5. This section begins with a reference to _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the novel
2. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 6, Part 2.
3. What is different about the novel's point of view?
4. In what way are the Canadian geese in both Hank and Lee's thoughts?
5. Describe the prologue that opens Chapter 9.
6. Describe what happens at the Snag in Chapter 6, Part 2.
7. In what way does Hank show that he is losing control?
8. What does Joe-Ben think about as he positions himself to eavesdrop on the town meeting?
9. What does Lee realize as he watches his brother fight and beat up Biggy?
10. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 11.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)