|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lee say everyone is happy?
(a) Hank is prepared to sell the business
(b) They are all wealthy
(c) It is Christmas
(d) There is good food and drink
2. What does Jenny toss onto her bed?
3. With whom does Willard have a secret affair?
(a) A black mistress
(d) A prostitute
4. Who does Willard's plan involve in deceiving?
(b) His mistress
(c) His wife
5. What ends Lee and Viv's conversation?
(a) People shouting outside
(b) Hank's return
(c) A storm
(d) A smashed window
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willard tell Hank he is planning to do?
2. What crushes Hank's arm?
3. What does Jenny want the shells to form?
4. How does Joe-Ben drown?
5. What did Evenwrite learn from his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lee realize as he watches his brother fight and beat up Biggy?
2. How do Evenwrite and Draeger get to the Stamper's house?
3. Why does Hank not want Joe-Ben to shoot the geese?
4. What is Willard's mistress' plan to continue their relationship?
5. What is Willard Eggleston's situation?
6. Why does Henry need to show Hank how to cut trees the old fashioned way?
7. What does Joe-Ben think about as he positions himself to eavesdrop on the town meeting?
8. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 8.
9. Describe the prologue that opens Chapter 9.
10. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 11.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)