|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry banter with in the bar?
(b) Indian Jenny
2. What do Lee and Hank both comment on in their narratives?
(a) The strike
(d) Bob cats
3. What is the rat trying to crack open?
(a) A safe
(b) A window
(c) A monkey nut
(d) A walnut
4. What does Draeger try to convince Hank to stop?
5. What is the name of the character in the final prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Viv massaging into Lee's back?
2. Simone get a gift of __________.
3. What does Hank do after the fight?
4. Who narrates the funeral?
5. What does Lee receive from the nurse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hank's reason for not putting an end to the strike?
2. How do Evenwrite and Draeger get to the Stamper's house?
3. Why does Lee refuse to get out of bed?
4. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 10.
5. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 11.
6. Describe Henry's time in the town.
7. Why does Henry need to show Hank how to cut trees the old fashioned way?
8. Why is Evenwrite worried about the rain?
9. What is different about the novel's point of view?
10. Describe what happens at the Snag in Chapter 6, Part 2.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)