|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who narrates the funeral?
2. How does Joe-Ben vent his excited energy?
(a) Shouts at his wife
(b) Runs around the block
(c) Has a beer
(d) Paints walls
3. What does Lee read in the hotel?
(c) Murder mysteries
4. Which of the following does Willard own?
(a) The laundromat
(b) The Snag
(c) Stamper's Place
(d) The local farm
5. What does Simone put in the back of her closet?
(a) The Virgin Mary
(b) Family photos
(c) A bottle of scotch
(d) Her new dress
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's old school rival?
2. Lee moves into _________.
3. Who does Hank taunt at the Snag?
4. Where has Lee left the thermometer?
5. Where does Henry stop off to kill time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lee realize as he watches his brother fight and beat up Biggy?
2. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 7.
3. Why is Simone so happy?
4. How do Evenwrite and Draeger get to the Stamper's house?
5. How does Hank react to Willard's death?
6. Why is Evenwrite worried about the rain?
7. Summarize the novel
8. In what way does Hank show that he is losing control?
9. What is Hank's reason for not putting an end to the strike?
10. Why is Jenny tossing shells onto her bed?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)