|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hank do with the thermometer?
(a) Throws it away
(b) Gives it back to Lee
(c) Hides it
(d) Breaks it
2. Who does the tree trap in the rising tide?
3. What does Lee receive from the nurse?
(d) Cough syrup
4. Why does Lee go into town with Henry?
(a) To see a doctor
(b) To talk
(c) To buy milk
(d) To catch a bus
5. What happens when Hank tries to talk to Henry?
(a) He laughs
(b) He falls asleep
(c) He ignores him
(d) He cries
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willard tell Hank he is planning to do?
2. What is Henry going to show Hank how to do?
3. Where does Joe-Ben go after he drops off his family?
4. What does Lee read in the hotel?
5. Where does Stokes watch the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens at the Snag in Chapter 6, Part 2.
2. What does Joe-Ben think about as he positions himself to eavesdrop on the town meeting?
3. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 7.
4. Summarize the prologue that opens Chapter 8.
5. What does Lee realize as he watches his brother fight and beat up Biggy?
6. Describe Hank's time at the Snag.
7. Why does Henry need to show Hank how to cut trees the old fashioned way?
8. Describe Henry's time in the town.
9. In what way are the Canadian geese in both Hank and Lee's thoughts?
10. How does Hank react to Willard's death?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)