|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Alexandra set for staying with the Townsendes?
(a) That her mother can come live with them.
(b) That she not be pressured into being who she is not.
(c) That she not be pressured into social engagements.
(d) That her servants can accompany her.
2. Who is the Dowager Duchess of Hawthorne?
(a) Jordan's great-aunt.
(b) Jordan's grandmother.
(c) Jordan's mother.
(d) Jordan's aunt.
3. What type of man does Alexandra want to marry?
(c) Someone she loves.
4. Who are Filbert and Penrose?
(a) Cousins to Jordan.
(b) Two of the bloodhounds in the kennels.
(c) Two children of the neighboring estate.
(d) The servants Alexandra brings with her from home.
5. Why doesn't the Dowager want to say anything to Alexandra about her small social errors?
(a) She thinks Alexandra is smart enough to correct them on her own.
(b) She asks her daughter-in-law to correct Alexandra.
(c) She does not want to dampen Alexandra's spirits.
(d) She does not want Alexandra to decide to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of outfits does Alexandra say women wear while riding?
2. Who is attacking Jordan Hawthorne?
3. For how long has Alexandra tried speaking with Jordan?
4. How does Jordan wound a man?
5. In what condition is Alexandra's coat of armor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alexandra compare Jordan and herself?
2. What does Alexandra tell Jordan when she is finally able to speak with him?
3. How does Alexandra try to comfort the Dowager Duchess?
4. How does Alexandra change physically over the next few months?
5. What happens to Jordan when he leaves the Fair Winds to buy cigars and what does Alexandra do??
6. What does the Dowager say to Alexandra about Alexandra's future and what is Alexandra's response?
7. Why does Leticia Bildrup think Elizabeth Grangerfield is acting disgracefully?
8. What does Alexandra get on the way to Hawthorne?
9. What does Jordan decide about having sex with Alexandra?
10. How does Mrs. Lawrence see this episode as an opportunity?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)