|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexandra say is not enough upon which to base a marriage?
(c) Just liking someone.
2. What type of man does Mrs. Lawrence want Alexandra to marry?
(a) Some one Alexandra loves.
(d) From an old family even if there's no money.
3. To what request by Alexandra does Jordan agree?
(a) To stay at Alexandra's cousin's house for the night.
(b) To give the boy money to buy food.
(c) To find a doctor for the boy.
(d) To take a puppy.
4. In what condition is Alexandra's coat of armor?
(a) She has no coat of armor.
(d) Dinged up badly.
5. Where does Jordan take Alexandra?
(a) To the nearby Inn.
(b) To his uncle's estate.
(c) To the town constable.
(d) To her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lawrence learn about her husband?
2. For what do Jordan and Alexandra prepare?
3. Who does Jordan see coming out of some shrubbery?
4. Where are Alexandra, her mother and uncle?
5. Who are Filbert and Penrose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alexandra reveal her innocence and naivete at the inn the first night that the newly wedded couple stop?
2. How do the attackers react to Alexandra, and what does she do?
3. What does Alexandra immediately ask when the party arrives at Hawthorne and how does she occupy her time at Hawthorne?
4. How does Mrs. Lawrence see this episode as an opportunity?
5. Where does Alexandra go right after the conversation with her mother about Will Helmsley?
6. What surprises the Dowager about Alexandra, and what is Jordan's response?
7. What does Mrs. Lawrence say in reply to Jordan's assertion that he is an honorable man?
8. What conversation do Mrs. Lawrence and her daughter have about Will Helmsley?
9. About what does Jordan change his mind and how does Alexandra respond? How does this scene begin a change in Jordan?
10. Why does Leticia Bildrup think Elizabeth Grangerfield is acting disgracefully?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)