|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Alexandra and Jordan stop in London the next day?
(a) To buy some provisions for Hawthorne.
(b) To meet with his brother, Tony.
(c) So Jordan can take care of some business.
(d) To meet Jordan's extended family.
2. What does Lady Harrington know about her husband?
(a) That he is about to be promoted.
(b) That he's sleeping with Jordan's mother.
(c) That he is dying.
(d) That he is to take a contingent of men to India.
3. Why does Jordan feel sorry for most women?
(a) Because they are so weak.
(b) Becaues they must put up with men like Jordan.
(c) Because of the restrictions on their lives.
(d) Because they cannot join the Army or go to sea.
4. Why does Alexandra pass out?
(a) She gets up too fast.
(b) From hitting her head when she flies off her horse.
(c) From the emotional shock of killing someone.
(d) She is so scared.
5. What does Jordan's family eventually learn?
(a) Jordan was ill at a friend's home.
(c) Jordan was gang pressed onto a ship that sinks.
(d) Jordan was kidnapped by extortionists.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people attend Jordan and Alexandra's wedding?
2. What do the doctors advise Alexandra to say to the Dowager Duchess?
3. What kind of outfits does Alexandra say women wear while riding?
4. For how long has Alexandra tried speaking with Jordan?
5. Why is Jordan embarrassed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the discussion about caterpillars that Alexandra and her grandfather have.
2. What does Jordan tells Alexandra he likes about her and what is her reply?
3. How does Jordan respond after the bandits are no longer a threat?
4. What does Jordan say to Lady Catherine about what he just saw and what is her reply?
5. How does Alexandra try to comfort the Dowager Duchess?
6. What does Jordan see when he looks out the window after being in bed with Lady Catherine Harrington?
7. What conversation do Mrs. Lawrence and her daughter have about Will Helmsley?
8. Why is Mrs. Lawrence "useless," and how long has she been this way?
9. What does Sir Roderick Carstairs say in response to Leticia Bildrup's opinion about Elizabeth Grangerfield?
10. How does Alexandra compare Jordan and herself?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)