|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexandra notice about a boy by the side of the road?
(a) He looks like her cousin.
(b) He is very ill.
(c) He is starving.
(d) He has a litter of puppies.
2. Where does Jordan take Alexandra?
(a) To the town constable.
(b) To his uncle's estate.
(c) To her home.
(d) To the nearby Inn.
3. Who comes to the ship the next day?
(a) Jordan's brother Tony.
(b) Jordan's grandmother.
(c) Jordan's mother.
(d) Jordan's father.
4. Why does Mrs. Lawrence decide to marry off Alexandra?
(a) To save the family.
(b) She is getting to independent.
(c) Mrs. Lawrence does not want Alexandra to ever marry.
(d) She is getting past the age that most girls marry.
5. Where do Jordan and Alexandra go after everyone has left?
(a) To the gardens.
(b) To the stables.
(c) To their bed chambers.
(d) To the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is attacking Jordan Hawthorne?
2. Where is Alexandra's father?
3. What kind of outfits does Alexandra say women wear while riding?
4. What does Alexandra's mother want Jordan to do?
5. What do Alexandra and Jordan do after a time of riding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexandra bemoan as she is riding in the carriage?
2. What happens nine years later that makes Jordan decide to stop having sexual relations with married women?
3. What does Sir Roderick Carstairs say in response to Leticia Bildrup's opinion about Elizabeth Grangerfield?
4. What does Alexandra tell Jordan when she is finally able to speak with him?
5. About what does Jordan change his mind and how does Alexandra respond? How does this scene begin a change in Jordan?
6. How do the attackers react to Alexandra, and what does she do?
7. What surprises the Dowager about Alexandra, and what is Jordan's response?
8. How does Alexandra reveal her innocence and naivete at the inn the first night that the newly wedded couple stop?
9. What do Jordan and Alexandra do after their wedding?
10. What does Jordan's family learn about his whereabouts on the third day of waiting for news?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)