|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alexandra correct?
(a) The Dowager.
(b) Lord Carstairs.
(c) Lord Ponsonby.
2. Where does Alexandra go when she gets home from the ball?
(a) A vacant room in the mansion.
(b) Jordan's room.
(c) She does not go home.
(d) Her room.
3. What does Jordan tell Alexandra she will have to do?
(a) Isolate herself from society.
(b) Never see Anthony again.
(c) Seek an annulment from her marriage with Jordan.
(d) Win his forgiveness.
4. What does the Duchess see about Alexandra?
(a) She has become a prize to be won.
(b) She is being reckless.
(c) She is becoming bitter.
(d) She is withdrawing too much.
5. What does Fawkes tell Jordan?
(a) That his preparations for protecting Jordan are in place.
(b) That he truly believes Alexandra is setting Jordan up.
(c) That he is ending his contract with Jordan since Jordan won't listen to him.
(d) That Jordan should move back to London where Fawkes can protect him better.
6. What does Alexandra decide she wants?
(a) To get an annulment and join a convent.
(b) To divorce Jordan and marry Tony.
(c) A divorce or annulment.
(d) To make things better with Jordan.
7. What makes a big change in Alexandra's personality?
(a) Seeing her mother act like a fool in front of all the nobles.
(b) Seeing how so many of the other women react to Alexandra.
(c) Revelations about Jordan's life before marriage.
(d) Anthony's encouragement.
8. Of what does Jordan hint to Alexandra?
(a) His wish to spend time alone with Alexandra that day.
(b) His desire for a son.
(c) His desire to get back to London soon.
(d) His imminent birthday.
9. What does Jordan want to tell Alexandra but does not do so?
(a) That he has an illegitimate child by another woman.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That he is still suspicious of her and Tony.
(d) That he has to go back into the Navy as an officer.
10. What is another mistake Alexandra makes at the ball?
(a) Laughing too loudly.
(b) Refusing a dance request.
(c) Standing in the gardens unchaperoned.
(d) Openly admiring two of Jordan's ex-lovers.
11. Where do Alexandra and Jordan go the next day?
(a) To his grandmother's townhouse.
(b) To Alexandra's home.
(d) To talk with Scotland Yard about the murder attempts.
12. What does the Dowager tell Alexandra is her job?
(a) To have children.
(b) To choose carefully between Tony and Jordan.
(c) To reform Jordan.
(d) To maintain her composure.
13. What advice does Morgan give Jordan?
(a) To not rile up his French guards.
(b) To not rile up his Spanish guards.
(c) To not make any trouble for the Americans and he'll take him to England.
(d) To wait for dawn to leave London.
14. What does Anthony explain to Alexandra?
(a) The reason the Dowager is having the ball.
(b) The correct way to approach anyone who is ranked Duke and higher.
(c) Why Lord Castairs has said such negative things about her.
(d) The correct way to end a dance before the song is over.
15. What does Alexandra do when Jordan asks if she wants him?
(a) Says she is not sure.
(b) Vows over and over that she does.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jordan notice is gone?
2. How does Alexandra feel after the picnic with Jordan?
3. When does Jordan suddenly arrive?
4. About what does Alexandra warn Melanie?
5. Why do they go there?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)