|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alexandra go to see while waiting to meet with Jordan?
(a) Her servants.
(b) No one.
(d) The Dowager and Tony.
2. Why is Alexandra overjoyed in the morning?
(a) That she is sure she is pregnant.
(b) Jordan tells her over and over how much he loves her.
(c) That Jordan has finally said she can have divorce.
(d) That Jordan confided to her during the night.
3. What does Alexandra do for the first time?
(a) Calls her husband by his first name, Jordan.
(b) Take an order from Jordan without protesting.
(c) Catch a fish.
(d) Dance the quadrille.
4. What does Jordan do on the picnic?
(a) Sings a song to Alexandra.
(b) Climbs a tree.
(c) Starts crying as he relates his ordeal in France.
(d) Strips Alexandra.
5. What have rejected suitors been doing?
(a) Nothing yet.
(b) Not leaving Alexandra alone.
(c) Trying to protect Alexandra.
(d) Trying to ruin Alexandra's reputation.
6. What makes Alexandra's situation more complicated?
(a) She is still naive despite being married.
(b) She is unwilling to marry for any reason other than love.
(c) She is not noble born.
(d) Because she has been married but is very young.
7. When does Jordan suddenly arrive?
(a) As the judge ask if anyone objects to the marriage.
(b) Just as Anthony is about to kiss Alexandra.
(c) Just after Alexandra and Anthony are pronounced man and wife.
(d) When Alexandra is walking down the aisle.
8. What is another mistake Alexandra makes at the ball?
(a) Openly admiring two of Jordan's ex-lovers.
(b) Laughing too loudly.
(c) Refusing a dance request.
(d) Standing in the gardens unchaperoned.
9. What is Alexandra endangering?
(a) Her likelihood for a good second marriage.
(b) The Townsends' good name.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Herself and her reputation.
10. What happens when Jordan and Lord Camden are talking?
(a) A man comes in and calls Tony away.
(b) Someone shoots at Jordan.
(d) A fire breaks out in the library.
11. What is one mistake Alexandra makes at the ball?
(a) Tipping her punch glass over.
(b) Asking if Jordan liked ballet.
(c) Making a request of the musicians.
(d) Thanking the wine pourer.
12. Who is George Morgan?
(a) A British journalist.
(b) An American privateer.
(c) The Captain of the Kings Guard.
(d) A fellow prisoner with Jordan.
13. Who does the Dowager choose to marry Alexandra?
(b) Lord Ponsonby.
(c) Lord Carstairs.
(d) No one yet.
14. What does Anthony tell Alexandra as to why she needs to marry someone soon?
(a) She is too beautiful and desirable for her own good.
(b) Anthony is not the one who tells Alexandra this.
(c) She is inviting too many men to Hawthorne.
(d) She is becoming a spoiled brat.
15. What does Fawkes say about the upcoming party?
(a) It's a trap.
(b) He is sticking close to Tony.
(c) It's a good way to flush out whoever is after Jordan.
(d) It is going to be hard for his men to stay in the background.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexandra decide she wants?
2. To what does Jordan liken Alexandra leaving his bed in the middle of the night?
3. Why does Jordan decide not to divorce Alexandra?
4. Of what does Jordan hint to Alexandra?
5. What does Anthony explain to Alexandra?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)