|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes a big change in Alexandra's personality?
(a) Revelations about Jordan's life before marriage.
(b) Anthony's encouragement.
(c) Seeing her mother act like a fool in front of all the nobles.
(d) Seeing how so many of the other women react to Alexandra.
2. What does Fawkes say about the upcoming party?
(a) It is going to be hard for his men to stay in the background.
(b) It's a trap.
(c) It's a good way to flush out whoever is after Jordan.
(d) He is sticking close to Tony.
3. What had Jordan thought of the entire time he is imprisoned?
(a) Alexandra and learning to trust a woman.
(b) How happy everyone will be to see him.
(c) Getting back at whoever sold him.
(d) Getting back to his playboy lifestyle.
4. What advice does Morgan give Jordan?
(a) To not rile up his French guards.
(b) To not rile up his Spanish guards.
(c) To wait for dawn to leave London.
(d) To not make any trouble for the Americans and he'll take him to England.
5. What does Jordan notice is gone?
(b) Alexandra's grandfather's watch.
(c) An old shirt of his.
(d) His favorite pair of gold cuff links.
6. What have rejected suitors been doing?
(a) Not leaving Alexandra alone.
(b) Nothing yet.
(c) Trying to ruin Alexandra's reputation.
(d) Trying to protect Alexandra.
7. What does Melanie suggest to Alexandra?
(a) Alexandra work to make Jordan fall in love with her again.
(b) Alexandra divorce Jordan.
(c) Alexandra keep the marriage to Anthony and have the one to Jordan annulled.
(d) Alexandra take some time to decide which man she wants.
8. What sort of wife does Jordan want?
9. When does Jordan suddenly arrive?
(a) Just as Anthony is about to kiss Alexandra.
(b) As the judge ask if anyone objects to the marriage.
(c) When Alexandra is walking down the aisle.
(d) Just after Alexandra and Anthony are pronounced man and wife.
10. Who is George Morgan?
(a) A fellow prisoner with Jordan.
(b) An American privateer.
(c) A British journalist.
(d) The Captain of the Kings Guard.
11. What is another mistake Alexandra makes at the ball?
(a) Laughing too loudly.
(b) Openly admiring two of Jordan's ex-lovers.
(c) Refusing a dance request.
(d) Standing in the gardens unchaperoned.
12. Why does Alexandra end up eating too much?
(a) She is very hungry since she has eaten very little in the last week.
(b) To avoid having to go to bed with Jordan.
(c) She is nervous that Jordan is mad.
(d) She is pregnant.
13. What does Jordan claim to Morgan?
(a) That he can get them out of the dungeon.
(b) That the war is about to end.
(c) That Jordan is the Prince of Wales.
(d) That Jordan will pay Morgan handsomely if he will take Jordan to England.
14. What does Fawkes tell Jordan?
(a) That he truly believes Alexandra is setting Jordan up.
(b) That his preparations for protecting Jordan are in place.
(c) That he is ending his contract with Jordan since Jordan won't listen to him.
(d) That Jordan should move back to London where Fawkes can protect him better.
15. What does Jordan feel about Alexandra right after the family gets back from the church?
(a) That she has aged terribly in the year or so he is gone.
(b) That she is a typical greedy, selfish woman.
(c) That she must have been coerced into marrying again.
(d) That she is too compliant to others' wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Dowager tell Alexandra is her job?
2. What does Jordan do after subduing the assailant?
3. What does Jordan say he wants as they go to bed?
4. How does Jordan act for the next several days?
5. About what does Alexandra warn Melanie?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)