|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jordan say he wants as they go to bed?
(a) A second marriage ceremony.
(b) To please Alexandra.
(c) Some time away from Alexandra.
(d) A divorce.
2. What does Jordan feel about Alexandra right after the family gets back from the church?
(a) That she has aged terribly in the year or so he is gone.
(b) That she is too compliant to others' wishes.
(c) That she must have been coerced into marrying again.
(d) That she is a typical greedy, selfish woman.
3. What make Jordan really upset about others in relation to Alexandra?
(a) They they believe she is the wronged party.
(b) That she is a laughingstock of the society.
(c) That they call her Alex.
(d) That they think she is too common to join their society.
4. How does Jordan act for the next several days?
(c) Even keeled.
(d) Very loving.
5. Why does Jordan decide not to divorce Alexandra?
(a) It would take too long and he wants an heir.
(b) He does not want to cause the family a scandal.
(c) He wants to learn more about her behavior from reliable people.
(d) He secretly adores her.
6. What does Jordan do when Alexandra meets him for sherry in the drawing room?
(a) Gives her a diamond necklace.
(b) Gives her a pair of earrings.
(c) Shows her his will and that he has provided for her.
7. What does Jordan do after subduing the assailant?
(a) Punches him unconscious.
(b) Makes him take him to the person who hires him.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Turns him over to Fawkes.
8. Where does Alexandra go when she gets home from the ball?
(a) A vacant room in the mansion.
(b) Her room.
(c) She does not go home.
(d) Jordan's room.
9. What does Alexandra decide she wants?
(a) A divorce or annulment.
(b) To make things better with Jordan.
(c) To divorce Jordan and marry Tony.
(d) To get an annulment and join a convent.
10. Of what does Jordan hint to Alexandra?
(a) His imminent birthday.
(b) His desire to get back to London soon.
(c) His wish to spend time alone with Alexandra that day.
(d) His desire for a son.
11. To what does Jordan liken Alexandra leaving his bed in the middle of the night?
(a) A former lover.
(b) A wife who is only partly committed to the marriage and him.
(c) A whore.
(d) A child.
12. What does Anthony explain to Alexandra?
(a) Why Lord Castairs has said such negative things about her.
(b) The correct way to approach anyone who is ranked Duke and higher.
(c) The reason the Dowager is having the ball.
(d) The correct way to end a dance before the song is over.
13. Where does Alexandra go in the morning?
(a) To visit with Tony.
(b) To meet with the tailor about some clothes for Jordan.
(c) To visit her mother.
(d) Into the study where Jordan spent most of his childhood.
14. Who does the Dowager ask to dance with Alexandra?
(b) Lord Ponsonby.
(c) Lord Carstairs.
(d) No one.
15. About what does Alexandra warn Melanie?
(a) That Alexandra is not popular and being seen with her could be disadvantageous.
(b) Not to mention Jordan to the Dowager.
(c) That Lord Carstairs has wandering hands.
(d) That Lord Ponsonby has wandering hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Jordan thought of the entire time he is imprisoned?
2. What does Jordan notice is gone?
3. How does the poisoning affect Jordan?
4. What is another mistake Alexandra makes at the ball?
5. What happens when Jordan and Lord Camden are talking?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)