|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jordan take Alexandra?
(a) To the town constable.
(b) To her home.
(c) To his uncle's estate.
(d) To the nearby Inn.
2. What has Jordan done in response to Alexandra seeking him out?
(a) He is sorry that he had to go to London.
(b) He has not made himself available.
(c) He hasn't been told she is seeking him.
(d) He is obeying the wishes of the Dowager not to see her yet.
3. Where does Alexandra land as she flies off the horse?
(a) Against an oak tree.
(b) Into Jordan.
(c) Into the creek.
(d) On one of the brigands.
4. What does Alexandra first explore at Hawthorne?
(a) The library.
(b) The stables.
(c) Jordan's quarters.
(d) The gardens.
5. Of what is Jordan tired?
(a) Obeying his father.
(b) Living at his father's country estate.
(c) Fighting the brigands who continue to accost travelers.
(d) Fighting jealous husbands.
6. Where do Alexandra and Jordan retire for the night?
(a) In Jordan's grandmpother's townhouse.
(b) In a inn that caters to nobles.
(c) On board the Fair Winds.
(d) In Jordan's father's townhouse.
7. Why does Mrs. Lawrence decide to marry off Alexandra?
(a) To save the family.
(b) She is getting past the age that most girls marry.
(c) She is getting to independent.
(d) Mrs. Lawrence does not want Alexandra to ever marry.
8. What is one thing Alexandra points out to Jordan about them?
(a) They are not of the same religious faith.
(b) They are not in love.
(c) They are both stubborn, which will make for a bad marriage.
(d) They are of two different social classes.
9. What is one thing Alexandra believes?
(a) She will always be ugly.
(b) People can be cruel.
(c) That her grandfather will always love her.
(d) In the goodness of people.
10. What does Alexandra tell Jordan when she first sees him after being measured for clothing?
(a) She wishes she had let him die if it led to her having to marry him.
(b) She will not marry him.
(c) She is so excited about the wedding.
(d) She is frightened.
11. Why does Jordan feel sorry for most women?
(a) Because they cannot join the Army or go to sea.
(b) Because they are so weak.
(c) Becaues they must put up with men like Jordan.
(d) Because of the restrictions on their lives.
12. What does Alexandra say that Jordan said about his grandmother?
(a) She does not really care about Jordan.
(b) That she is not very strong.
(c) She is an amazing woman.
(d) She would probably laugh at his funeral if he died before her.
13. Why doesn't Alexandra want to marry Will?
(a) She loves him like a brother not like a prospective husband.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) He does not like philosophy.
(d) He likes to hunt and kill animals for sport.
14. Why does he think the way he does about having sex with Alexandra?
(a) He thinks she may as well get used to the idea soon.
(b) He has been hounded by his mother to get married and have an heir.
(c) He wants her to become more mature.
(d) He thinks if she seduces him, she will not be as frightened.
15. What kind of outfits does Alexandra say women wear while riding?
(c) It's the only time they wear comfortable clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Alexandra and Jordan stop in London the next day?
2. What does Sir Roderick Carstairs think Elizabeth should do concerning Hawthorne?
3. What does Jordan say he will never forget?
4. What is Alexandra studying when she is distracted?
5. About what does Jordan say Alexandra should not worry?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)