|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Lawrence decide to marry off Alexandra?
(a) To save the family.
(b) She is getting to independent.
(c) Mrs. Lawrence does not want Alexandra to ever marry.
(d) She is getting past the age that most girls marry.
2. What does Alexandra think of Hawthorne?
(a) It is the most beautiful and impressive estate Alexandra has ever seen.
(b) It is quite modern and interesting.
(c) It is quite dated and old.
(d) Is is little more than a small country squire's estate.
3. Where does Jordan take Alexandra?
(a) To his uncle's estate.
(b) To the town constable.
(c) To the nearby Inn.
(d) To her home.
4. Where is Alexandra's father?
(a) He lives in Scotland.
(b) He has left the family.
(c) He is in India on a government job.
5. What does Sir Roderick Carstairs think Elizabeth should do concerning Hawthorne?
(a) Pursue him in private.
(b) Hire an assassin to deal with the man.
(c) Start some harmful gossip about the man.
(d) Dishonor him in public.
6. Where is a soiree to take place soon?
(a) At Jordan's father's country estate.
(b) At the Bildrup's home.
(c) The soiree was cancelled due to a death in the family.
(d) At the King's palace.
7. Why didn't Jordan ask for Elizabeth's hand in marriage?
(a) He has no desire to be married.
(b) He is in love with someone else.
(c) He wants someone with a bigger dowry.
(d) He thinks she is ugly.
8. What does Lady Harrington know about her husband?
(a) That he's sleeping with Jordan's mother.
(b) That he is to take a contingent of men to India.
(c) That he is dying.
(d) That he is about to be promoted.
9. About what is the Dowager Duchess surprised?
(a) That Alexandra did not ask for money.
(b) That no one has ambused Jordan before now given his reputation.
(c) That Alexandra could find a suit of armor small enough to fit her.
(d) That the suppsed bandits wore such fine clothes.
10. What does Alexandra notice about a boy by the side of the road?
(a) He looks like her cousin.
(b) He is starving.
(c) He has a litter of puppies.
(d) He is very ill.
11. What condition does Alexandra set for staying with the Townsendes?
(a) That her mother can come live with them.
(b) That her servants can accompany her.
(c) That she not be pressured into social engagements.
(d) That she not be pressured into being who she is not.
12. What does Alexandra do after she recovers from her fall off her horse.
(a) Smacks the one bandit with the flat of her sword.
(b) Shoots and kills one brigand.
(c) Takes off her helm.
13. What does Jordan say about Alexandra?
(a) She is kind.
(b) She is a country bumpkin.
(c) She is haughty.
(d) She is dull witted.
14. Who does Mrs. Lawrence want Alexandra to marry?
(a) No one.
15. What does Alexandra's mother say is the problem about her daughter saving Jordan's life?
(a) There is no problem.
(b) Her fiance ended the engagement because he does not want a warrior for a wife.
(c) Her reputation is ruined.
(d) She is having nightmares.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Jordan say Alexandra should not worry?
2. What is Alexandra not allowed to do?
3. What do the doctors advise Alexandra to say to the Dowager Duchess?
4. What does Alexandra hear on her way home from Mary O'Toole's house?
5. Why does he think the way he does about having sex with Alexandra?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)