|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does everyone suddenly jump up in excitement?
(a) A British naval officer comes to say that Jordan was not on the ship when it sank.
(b) A sailor comes in and relates that Jordan is in a French prison.
(c) Jordan walks in and asks what is happening.
(d) A servant announces that the Duke of Hawthorne has arrived.
2. What does Alexandra think is unfair?
(a) That she cannot ride on a horse astride.
(b) That she is married to someone she does not love.
(c) That she is having to leave her home at such a young age.
(d) That women cannot wear comfortable clothes like men.
3. What do the doctors advise Alexandra to say to the Dowager Duchess?
(a) To not talk about Jordan.
(b) To not go see the Dowager yet.
(c) To ask her to tell her about Jordan as a young boy.
(d) They have no advice for Alexandra.
4. About what does Jordan say Alexandra should not worry?
(a) He does not intend to sleep with her.
(b) He will put a guard outside her door.
(c) He will be sitting by the campfire keeping watch.
(d) He knows the servants at Hawthorne will love her.
5. What happens as Alexandra is bearing down to help Jordan?
(a) The horse trips on a big tree root.
(b) One of the brigands shoots at her.
(c) The wolf scares the horse.
(d) The disgruntled husband yells at her to stay out of the fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Elizabeth marry Lord Grangerfield?
2. Where do Jordan and Alexandra stop that night?
3. What type of man does Mrs. Lawrence want Alexandra to marry?
4. What does Mrs. Lawrence learn about her husband?
5. What is the special occasion of the day?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)