|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 49 through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Gleam of Fireflies, what grade was young Akira graduating from?
2. In The Gleam of Fireflies, who wrote a new speech to replace the one young Akira was given?
(b) Akira's older brother.
(d) Mr. Tachikawa.
3. At the end of The Fragrance of Meiji, the Sounds of Taisho, Kurosawa says that is sorry children of today do not have what?
(a) The sense of national pride he had.
(b) The quality of food he had.
(c) The fresh air he had.
(d) The sounds of his childhood.
4. Why dis Kurosawa get selected for a renowned Kendo School?
(a) He wrote an impassioned letter to the instructor.
(b) He was chosen at random.
(c) He impressed the instructor at a demonstration.
(d) His arms were determined to be of the right length.
5. At the end of A Salmon's Old Stories, what does Kurosawa accuse Japanese directors of emulating?
(a) His work.
(b) The theatre.
(c) American films.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Akira's family members died during the filming of The Drunken Angel?
2. To whom does Kurosawa compare teachers like Mr. Iwamatsu at the end of Honor and Revere?
3. Who sent Akira to Toyokawa Village for the summer after his fifth grade year?
4. How did young Akira avoid falling to his death in the events of A Long Red Brick Wall?
5. On what public conveyance was young Akira during the events of A Long Red Brick Wall?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)