|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 49 through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what two subjects did young Akira fail his exams in this section?
(a) Math and science.
(b) Literature and history.
(c) Literature and math.
(d) Science and history.
2. In The Gleam of Fireflies, what grade was young Akira graduating from?
3. What job in the movies did Kurosawa's brother take in the 1930's?
(a) Assistant director.
(c) Set dresser.
4. What new aspect of the curriculum was added to Akira's life in fifth grade?
(b) Foreign landguages.
(c) Culinary arts.
(d) Military training.
5. In addition to art, what was young Akira's favorite subject?
(a) Physical education.
Short Answer Questions
1. In A Coward and A Weakling, what position was Akira given at the League newspaper?
2. What adjective did the censors use to describe their problems with Sugata Sanshiro?
3. In Morimura Gakuen, what is significant about the young boy that Akira Kurosawa mentions specifically from Forgotten Children?
4. How was Akira Kurosawa affected by seeing Forgotten Children in the theater?
5. Akira Kurosawa cannot recall the name of which of these influential people?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)