|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 49 through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Kurosawa blame the loss of so many good Japanese directors?
(a) The film strike.
(b) The high salaries paid in Hollywood.
(c) Government intervention during the War.
(d) A terrible national work ethic.
2. Why does Akira Kurosawa think his brother killed himself?
(a) He lost the girl he wanted to marry him.
(b) His screenplay had been rejected.
(c) He was dying of cancer.
(d) He was about to lose his job.
3. Akira Kurosawa cannot recall the name of which of these influential people?
(a) His favorite art teacher.
(b) His kendo instructor.
(c) His wife.
(d) His directing mentor.
4. Where is young Akira in his earliest memory?
(a) A crib.
(b) A wash basin.
(c) His mother's arms.
(d) The womb.
5. How did Akira do as a military student?
(a) He barely passes.
(b) He quits and takes an incomplete.
(c) He passed with flying colors.
(d) He failed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Kurosawa film is not discussed in SOMETHING LIKE AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY?
2. What item that a doctor ordered Togashi to eat does Akira Kurosawa blame for her death?
3. What did Kurosawa and Uekusa Keinosuke have in common when they met?
4. In Crybaby, what honor was eventually given with the assistance of Mr. Tachikawa?
5. Which on-set worker was moved to tears while filming the final scene of The Quiet Duel?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)