|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 49 through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the result of Uekusa's telling the girl's father that he loved her in Murasaki and Shonagon?
(a) He won her hand in marriage.
(b) He got beaten by the father.
(c) He got one date with her.
(d) He never saw her again.
2. At the end of this section, what impelled Kurosawa to walk out on the studio?
(a) The horribly handled strike.
(b) His lack of artistic autonomy.
(c) A bout of heavy drinking.
(d) His family death.
3. Who sent Akira to Toyokawa Village for the summer after his fifth grade year?
(a) Mr. Tachikawa.
(b) His mother.
(c) His military teacher,
(d) His father.
4. Akira Kurosawa cannot recall the name of which of these influential people?
(a) His directing mentor.
(b) His wife.
(c) His kendo instructor.
(d) His favorite art teacher.
5. The film One Wonderful Sunday reconnected Akira with whom?
(a) Mr. Iwamatsu.
(b) Yamamoto Kajiro.
(c) Mr. Tachikawa.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In A Coward and A Weakling, what position was Akira given at the League newspaper?
2. What did Akira's brother do three days before killing himself?
3. What was different about the way Mr. Tachikawa taught art at Kuroda?
4. In Crybaby, how did Kurosawa's older brother try to toughen him up in preparation face bullies?
5. Who ordered Kurosawa to cut a scene from a movie, which he refused?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)