|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 33 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many family members did Akira Kurosawa lose in the events of September 1, 1923?
2. Why did Akira Kurosawa try to work as fast as possible to finish his calligraphy lessons?
(a) To become a more efficient calligrapher.
(b) To get home and take a nap.
(c) To visit Mr. Tachikawa sooner.
(d) To get away from his instructor as quickly as possible.
3. What did Akira decide to do regarding the two speeches he was given to read?
(a) He declined to read any speech.
(b) He improvised at the podium.
(c) He read the other speech.
(d) He read the hated teacher's speech.
4. Which is not an additional job that assistant directors had on set with Yamamoto Kajiro?
(a) Giving actor's direction.
(c) Serving as extras.
5. What love besides movies did Akira's father pass down to him?
(a) Love of beautiful woman.
(b) Love of fine food.
(c) Love of sports.
(d) Love of reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the shooting of the final fight in Sugata Sanshiro held up for two days?
2. What animal does Kurosawa recall seeing killed by a train at an early age?
3. At the end of The Long Red Brick Wall, what did Kurosawa do as he walked to school?
4. In My Rebellious Phase, what dangerous material did Akira use on some of his pranks?
5. In Calligraphy, what is Kurosawa's feeling about his childhood teacher?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)