|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 9 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of The Fragrance of Meiji, the Sounds of Taisho, Kurosawa says that is sorry children of today do not have what?
(a) The sounds of his childhood.
(b) The quality of food he had.
(c) The fresh air he had.
(d) The sense of national pride he had.
2. What was the result of Uekusa's telling the girl's father that he loved her in Murasaki and Shonagon?
(a) He got one date with her.
(b) He got beaten by the father.
(c) He won her hand in marriage.
(d) He never saw her again.
3. What colored animal did Akira Kurosawa think his family should have gotten when he was young?
(a) A black dog.
(b) A yellow canary.
(c) A gray cat.
(d) A goldfish.
4. How did his mother replace the item that Kurosawa lost in his duel in Murasaki and Shonagon?
(a) She goes back to the site of the duel that night and collects the lost item.
(b) She gave him another that belonged to his brother.
(c) She quietly buys him a new one.
(d) She does not replace it.
5. What resolution did Kurosawa make regarding his new art teacher?
(a) To work harder to impress him.
(b) To get back at him for his wrongs.
(c) To repay him for his praise.
(d) To ignore his criticism.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Murasaki and Shonagon, what does Uekusa recall about Kurosawa in school?
2. As told in Storytellers, what image in a movie reduced young Akira to inconsolable tears?
3. What role did Uekusa Keinosuke later play in Kurosawa's professional life?
4. Which of the following is not a physical reaction that Kurosawa had to being challenged in primary school?
5. In Kendo, how does Akira Kurosawa characterize his mother in comparison to his father?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)