|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 9 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a daily appointment Kurosawa had to keep in childhood?
(a) Kendo lessons.
(b) Visiting his grandmother.
(c) Calligraphy lessons.
(d) Visiting Mr. Tachikawa.
2. What two virtues did Kurosawa's father attribute to movies in Babyhood?
(a) Escapist and productive.
(b) Stimulating and patriotic.
(c) Entertaining and educational.
(d) Commericial and artistic.
3. What violent event occurred in Akira Kurosawa's first memory?
(a) He fell off a table.
(b) He was slapped by his mother.
(c) He was born.
(d) An earthwuake happened.
4. What was the result of Uekusa's telling the girl's father that he loved her in Murasaki and Shonagon?
(a) He never saw her again.
(b) He got beaten by the father.
(c) He got one date with her.
(d) He won her hand in marriage.
5. In The Gleam of Fireflies, what grade was young Akira graduating from?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Murasaki and Shonagon, how does Kurosawa assume he knew about the literary soldiers he referenced as a child?
2. In Crybaby, how did Kurosawa's older brother try to toughen him up in preparation face bullies?
3. At the end of The Fragrance of Meiji, the Sounds of Taisho, Kurosawa says that is sorry children of today do not have what?
4. How was Akira Kurosawa affected by seeing Forgotten Children in the theater?
5. What act by Uekusa in Murasaki and Shonagon surprised and infuriated Kurosawa at the time?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)