|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 9 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Gleam of Fireflies, what grade was young Akira graduating from?
2. What violent event occurred in Akira Kurosawa's first memory?
(a) An earthwuake happened.
(b) He was slapped by his mother.
(c) He was born.
(d) He fell off a table.
3. With what evocative metaphor does Kurosawa describe his smugness in the second chapter of this section?
(a) Orange skin.
(b) Swollen eye.
(c) Leopard's tail.
(d) Goblin's nose.
4. What assertion does Kurosawa refute at the beginning of Keika Middle School?
(a) He cried at this graduation.
(b) He never wrote his own screenplays.
(c) He was afraid of girls.
(d) He had no physical strength.
5. In The Gleam of Fireflies, why was Kurosawa uncomfortable with the speech given him?
(a) It is poorly worded.
(b) It is not of his own creation.
(c) It lauds the teacher he hates.
(d) It is distinctly pro-military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What love besides movies did Akira's father pass down to him?
2. What changed for Akira Kurosawa after the fight described in Murasaki and Shonagon?
3. How does Kurosawa describe the style of institution that Kuroda Primary School is?
4. How were the streets of Kurosawa's neighborhood lit the on night of September 1, 1923?
5. In what two subjects did young Akira fail his exams in this section?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)