|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 9 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Akira Kurosawa try to work as fast as possible to finish his calligraphy lessons?
(a) To become a more efficient calligrapher.
(b) To get away from his instructor as quickly as possible.
(c) To get home and take a nap.
(d) To visit Mr. Tachikawa sooner.
2. In Crybaby, what honor was eventually given with the assistance of Mr. Tachikawa?
(a) Flag bearer.
(b) Represntative to the Imperial Coucil.
(c) Class President.
(d) Prom king.
3. In Morimura Gakuen, what is significant about the young boy that Akira Kurosawa mentions specifically from Forgotten Children?
(a) He is always fighting the other children.
(b) He is twice as tall as the other children.
(c) He isolates himself from the other children.
(d) He is Chinese.
4. What was the source of explosions that intermittently went off in the wake of September 1, 1923's catastrophe?
(a) A fireworks stand.
(b) An armory.
(c) A bombing raid.
(d) A burst gas mane.
5. What did Kurosawa and Uekusa Keinosuke have in common when they met?
(a) They were both form Tekeni Prefecture.
(b) They both cried all the time.
(c) They both took kendo lessons.
(d) They both loved film.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Keika Middle School, what event did young Akira win at his school?
2. What act by Uekusa in Murasaki and Shonagon surprised and infuriated Kurosawa at the time?
3. On what public conveyance was young Akira during the events of A Long Red Brick Wall?
4. In Calligraphy, what is Kurosawa's feeling about his childhood teacher?
5. What was the result of Uekusa's telling the girl's father that he loved her in Murasaki and Shonagon?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)