|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 41 through 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was the first movie that Uekusa and Akira wrote together?
(a) One Wonderful Sunday,
(b) Sugata Sanshiro, Part II.
(c) No Regret for Our Youth.
(d) Drunken Angel.
2. What did Akira decide to do regarding the two speeches he was given to read?
(a) He declined to read any speech.
(b) He read the other speech.
(c) He improvised at the podium.
(d) He read the hated teacher's speech.
3. Which of the following was not a demand Kurosawa made of his actresses in The Most Beautiful?
(a) he would not let them use makeup.
(b) He made them run laps.
(c) He makes them take jobs in a factory.
(d) He made them cut off their hair.
4. In Kendo, how does Akira Kurosawa characterize his mother in comparison to his father?
(a) Less aware.
(b) Less loving.
(c) More practical.
(d) More sentimental.
5. What act by Uekusa in Murasaki and Shonagon surprised and infuriated Kurosawa at the time?
(a) He asked out a girl Kurosawa liked.
(b) He made a picture that Tachikawa liked.
(c) He charged a gang of bullies.
(d) He lost Kurosawa's favorite robe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Akira directing when Yamamoto Kajiro took ill and died?
2. Who sent Akira to Toyokawa Village for the summer after his fifth grade year?
3. In Keika Middle School, what event did young Akira win at his school?
4. What adjective did the censors use to describe their problems with Sugata Sanshiro?
5. Why did Akira choose to leave the Proletariat Artists League?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)