|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 41 through 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In A Coward and A Weakling, what position was Akira given at the League newspaper?
(a) Beat reporter.
(b) Film reviewer.
(c) Op-ed columnist.
(d) Assistant editor.
2. In Calligraphy, what is Kurosawa's feeling about his childhood teacher?
(a) He expected too little of his pupils.
(b) He was too remote an individual.
(c) He was the smartest man he ever met.
(d) His knowledge was inferior.
3. To what does Akira Kurosawa compare the dead animal from his memory in Babyhood?
(b) A plate of spaghetti.
(c) A pile of fancid rice.
4. The mean nickname the children gave Kurosawa at Morimura Gakuen implied that he had tears large as what?
(c) Gum drops.
(d) Rice balls.
5. Years later, what does Kurosawa think about his brother's insistence that they explore the carnage in A Horrifying Excursion?
(a) It was good for him.
(b) It was a terrible idea.
(c) His brother was trying to prove himself.
(d) They should have helped more people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the shooting of the final fight in Sugata Sanshiro held up for two days?
2. What weakness does Kurosawa concede in Keika Middle School?
3. How was the Keika Middle School destroyed?
4. What did Kurosawa and Uekusa Keinosuke have in common when they met?
5. What is the subject of The Drunken Angel?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)