|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Darcy realizes the dinner party is her first time in _____ years where she is going out without the safety net of being in a relationship.
2. What is Ethan reading when Darcy tells him about her breakup?
3. Which of the following is NOT on her list?
4. What does one of the nursing home residents say to Darcy?
5. What color hair does Simon the Ginger have?
Short Essay Questions
1. After returning home from the hospital, how does Darcy feel about Geoffrey?
2. What does the little square of blue paper that Ethan gives to Darcy mean?
3. Why does Darcy ask Ethan for a night out with him and to meet his friends?
4. Why does Darcy turn down Geoffrey's invitation to spend the holidays with his family?
5. Following dinner, what do Ethan and Darcy fight about?
6. Why does Darcy eavesdrop on "Madeline's" phone conversation?
7. How does Darcy feel at the end of Ethan's sightseeing tour?
8. How do Ethan and Darcy celebrate Darcy reaching the 32-week milestone?
9. What is Ethan's reaction to Darcy's ultrasound news?
10. How does Darcy's conversation with her mom go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Darcy and Ethan also exchange "love yous." As Darcy is on bed rest, how is her love for Ethan similar or different from her love for Geoffrey? Who do you think she loves more - is it possible to measure or quantify love? Is it possible to love two men at the same time?
Essay Topic 2
Darcy feels anxious before attending Meg's dinner party. She realizes that it's been years since she's attended such a social event single and the fact that she always had someone gave her the confidence to be the life of the party. Argue whether you think the social support you have can or can't dictate your feelings and actions in certain situations. Make sure you include supporting examples.
Essay Topic 3
SOMETHING BLUE can be considered a love story. Write what you think it means to love someone. Is this the same or different from romantic love or being "in love." What kinds of love are demonstrated in the book?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)