|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Darcy end up sleeping on her first night?
2. Where is the restaurant located?
3. Where is Ethan when Darcy goes into labor?
4. What is Darcy's favorite treat that Rachel used to prepare?
5. Female employees in England are entitled to how many weeks of maternity leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. As they ring in the new year, how does Darcy feel about Geoffrey?
2. Describe the tone of the telephone conversation between Sondrine and Ethan.
3. Why does Darcy ask Ethan for a night out with him and to meet his friends?
4. What is Darcy's reaction to Ethan's lecture the previous night?
5. Describe Sondrine's personality from the double date on New Year's Eve.
6. Why does Ethan break up with Sondrine?
7. What is Ethan's reaction to Darcy cleaning the apartment and making dinner?
8. Following dinner, what do Ethan and Darcy fight about?
9. The two couples have several tense moments during dinner. Why?
10. Why does Darcy turn down Geoffrey's invitation to spend the holidays with his family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marcus tells Darcy that he doesn't want to be with her anymore. Find examples of Darcy's behavior that would make her difficult to be with. As a reader, were you surprised that Marcus broke up with Darcy? Were there specific scenes that foreshadowed their breakup?
Essay Topic 2
Darcy feels anxious before attending Meg's dinner party. She realizes that it's been years since she's attended such a social event single and the fact that she always had someone gave her the confidence to be the life of the party. Argue whether you think the social support you have can or can't dictate your feelings and actions in certain situations. Make sure you include supporting examples.
Essay Topic 3
Darcy and her mother have a big argument over Darcy's pregnancy and choice of male suitors. How are Darcy and her mother similar? How are they different?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)