|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before being kicked out, what does Dex say?
2. Which of the following is a characteristic of Darcy's birth?
3. What kind of ruler did Darcy consider herself growing up?
4. When Darcy finds Dex to break up with him, he ...
5. Where does Darcy spend the night on what would have been her wedding night?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Claire's less than enthusiastic response to Darcy's pregnancy, what does Darcy realize about their friendship?
2. How does Darcy feel when Ethan leaves her alone to unpack in order to get some work done?
3. Describe Darcy's reaction to her England dwelling (i.e. Ethan's apartment).
4. What is Darcy's state of mind after being dumped by Marcus?
5. Describe Ethan and Darcy's relationship in fifth grade.
6. What makes Darcy and Marcus' breakup different from her other breakups?
7. Why does Darcy reject her childhood friend, Annalise's, first suggestion about her situation?
8. How does Dex feel about Darcy when he finds out she lied about the baby being his?
9. In Chapter 1, how does Darcy feel after finding out about Rachel and Dex?
10. How does Darcy react when Marcus sees Dex and Rachel at Crate and Barrel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Darcy is finally able to live out her English fantasy of having a wealthy man fall in love with her. She tells Geoffrey that she loves him too after she thinks about all he has done for her. Do you think she truly loves him? Cite supporting examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
SOMETHING BLUE is about one woman's transformation from social climber to responsible mom. Do you think that it is possible for a person to change so drastically? What conditions would be necessary to facilitate such a transformation?
Essay Topic 3
When Darcy and Ethan get married, Rachel and Dex attend the wedding and Rachel toasts the couple with "true love and true friendship." Rachel and Darcy had since made up. Do you think their relationship is true friendship? Cite examples from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)