|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food tradition does Darcy expect on her birthday?
2. In what grade did Darcy meet Ethan?
3. What announcement does Darcy's brother have to make?
4. What age is Darcy turning?
5. What is the significance of Darcy's due date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Marcus' reaction to their infidelity?
2. Are Dex and Darcy very similar people?
3. How does Darcy react when Marcus sees Dex and Rachel at Crate and Barrel?
4. How does Darcy feel when Ethan leaves her alone to unpack in order to get some work done?
5. Describe Ethan and Darcy's relationship in fifth grade.
6. Why is Darcy so happy about the positive pregnancy result?
7. Describe Darcy's 30th birthday.
8. Why is Darcy upset by her brother, Jeremy, and his girlfriend, Lauren's, engagement?
9. After Claire's less than enthusiastic response to Darcy's pregnancy, what does Darcy realize about their friendship?
10. Describe Darcy's reaction to her England dwelling (i.e. Ethan's apartment).
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Darcy goes on a mission to become "a better person." She attempts to get a job at a nursing home, not because she wants to or is good with the elderly, but because she thinks it will benefit her. If that is Darcy's goal, is she truly doing a good deed? Discuss whether or not you think altruism exists and cite examples to support your claim.
Essay Topic 2
Darcy is finally able to live out her English fantasy of having a wealthy man fall in love with her. She tells Geoffrey that she loves him too after she thinks about all he has done for her. Do you think she truly loves him? Cite supporting examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
SOMETHING BLUE is about one woman's transformation from social climber to responsible mom. Do you think that it is possible for a person to change so drastically? What conditions would be necessary to facilitate such a transformation?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)