|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Darcy receives several sympathy calls, but is upset because someone doesn't call her - who?
2. Darcy and Marcus agree that the wedding would have been a great party. What does Marcus miss the most about it?
3. Marcus tries to apologize for a joke made in poor taste by...
4. What announcement does Darcy's brother have to make?
5. Prior to Marcus, how many times was Rachel unfaithful in her relationship with Dex?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Darcy deal with Claire betraying her secret?
2. Describe Darcy's definition of success.
3. Describe Darcy's 30th birthday.
4. Describe Darcy's doctor, Jan.
5. Are Dex and Darcy very similar people?
6. What makes Darcy and Marcus' breakup different from her other breakups?
7. What is Marcus' reaction to their infidelity?
8. What is Darcy's state of mind after being dumped by Marcus?
9. What is Claire's reaction to Darcy and Marcus's relationship?
10. In Chapter 1, how does Darcy feel after finding out about Rachel and Dex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Darcy had two previous indiscretions before cheating with Marcus. One involved just kissing and the other more than that. What do those indiscretions say about Darcy's character or Darcy and Dex's relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Darcy feels anxious before attending Meg's dinner party. She realizes that it's been years since she's attended such a social event single and the fact that she always had someone gave her the confidence to be the life of the party. Argue whether you think the social support you have can or can't dictate your feelings and actions in certain situations. Make sure you include supporting examples.
Essay Topic 3
After the boys are born, their names come to Darcy's mind and she names them after Ethan. Ethan is touched. Why is the naming of someone after you such a high honor or hold such meaning?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)