|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Darcy decides she wants to get married to Marcus in what way?
2. Darcy and Marcus agree that the wedding would have been a great party. What does Marcus miss the most about it?
3. What store did the present that Darcy's coworkers got for her come from?
4. Darcy tries to surprise Marcus by showing up at his apartment wearing nothing but...
5. Darcy interrogates Marcus about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Darcy happy that neither Rachel nor Dex calls her?
2. After Claire's less than enthusiastic response to Darcy's pregnancy, what does Darcy realize about their friendship?
3. What makes Darcy and Marcus' breakup different from her other breakups?
4. Why is Darcy so happy about the positive pregnancy result?
5. How does Dex feel about Darcy when he finds out she lied about the baby being his?
6. In Chapter 1, how does Darcy feel after finding out about Rachel and Dex?
7. How does Darcy's version of the breakup that she tells her coworkers differ from the truth?
8. What is Marcus' reaction to their infidelity?
9. Why is Darcy upset by her brother, Jeremy, and his girlfriend, Lauren's, engagement?
10. Describe Marcus' demeanor at Crate and Barrel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Darcy continually views herself as the victim, despite that fact that she also acted in very hurtful ways. Darcy continually displays self-centered behaviors and assumes the world revolves around her. Where do you suppose this mentality came from? Was she born with it or did she learn it over time?
Essay Topic 2
Marcus tells Darcy that he doesn't want to be with her anymore. Find examples of Darcy's behavior that would make her difficult to be with. As a reader, were you surprised that Marcus broke up with Darcy? Were there specific scenes that foreshadowed their breakup?
Essay Topic 3
Darcy feels anxious before attending Meg's dinner party. She realizes that it's been years since she's attended such a social event single and the fact that she always had someone gave her the confidence to be the life of the party. Argue whether you think the social support you have can or can't dictate your feelings and actions in certain situations. Make sure you include supporting examples.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)