|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Darcy is frightened to see that she is bleeding. Where does she make this discovery?
(a) At the dining table
(b) In Geoffrey's bed
(c) On the cab ride home
(d) In the restaurant bathroom
2. What is the name of the restaurant Darcy goes to check the classifieds and regroup after her disastrous interview?
(a) Susie's Diner
(b) Cozy Corner
(c) Muffin Man
(d) Tea House
3. What is Ethan reading when Darcy tells him about her breakup?
(a) The Economist
(b) New Yorker
(c) National Geographic
4. What does one of the nursing home residents say to Darcy?
(a) "You look like my granddaughter"
(b) "Go away and don't come back"
(c) "Will you help me to the bathroom?"
(d) "Can I tell you a story?"
5. Darcy is awakened by the phone. Who is calling?
(a) Her mother
(c) The credit card company
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan and Darcy share their first real kiss in what month?
2. Ethan and Darcy go on a tour of his favorite places on which holiday?
3. Where do Ethan and Darcy get married?
4. Darcy wears what article of clothing to bed her first night home?
5. What does Darcy realize during her hospital stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ethan and Darcy celebrate Darcy reaching the 32-week milestone?
2. What is Ethan's reaction to the news of Darcy and Geoffrey's breakup?
3. What is Ethan's reaction to Darcy's ultrasound news?
4. The two couples have several tense moments during dinner. Why?
5. Darcy notices a woman at the Muffin Man that she dubs "Madeline." Who is this woman?
6. How does Darcy feel about attending Meg's dinner party?
7. Why does Darcy turn down Geoffrey's invitation to spend the holidays with his family?
8. Why does Ethan break up with Sondrine?
9. What is Darcy's reaction to the ultrasound at her doctor's appointment?
10. As they ring in the new year, how does Darcy feel about Geoffrey?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)