Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
2. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
3. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
4. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
5. Who does Halley defend to Elizabeth?
Essay Topic 1
How does Halley demonstrate sophistication of thinking and the development of emotional intelligence throughout the novel? Use specific examples from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Scarlett's mother, Marion, change throughout the novel? Do you believe the changes are positive or negative? Why? What influence do you think other characters in the novel had on these changes?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does the character of Halley experience the emotions of embarrassment and victimization throughout the novel? Are these emotions justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)