|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Halley's mother say that she is like Halley?
2. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
3. Why is Scarlett called into Mr. Averby's office at the market?
4. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
5. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author show bullying throughout this novel? Which characters bully others? Which characters refuse to be bullied? Why do you think this is used in this type of novel?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Halley was drawn to the character of Macon? Do you think this relationship would have happened had Scarlett not become pregnant? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does the character of Halley experience the emotions of embarrassment and victimization throughout the novel? Are these emotions justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)