|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
2. What does Halley see come over Macon's face?
3. What happened to Halley's grandmother?
4. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
5. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
2. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
3. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
4. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
5. What does Halley want to do before her mother heads off to visit her grandmother and what actually happens?
6. What happens when Macon starts kissing her in the kitchen?
7. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
8. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
9. What happens when Halley asks Macon who Rhetta is and what excuse does he give her for not being able to tell her where he has been or will be?
10. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the critical turning point in Halley's self-transformation? Why do you think this is the case? Use supporting information from the text in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe SOMEONE LIKE YOU is a good title? Why or why not? If you had to re-title the novel what title would you use and why.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Halley was drawn to the character of Macon? Do you think this relationship would have happened had Scarlett not become pregnant? Why or why not?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)