|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Halley even try to picture Macon?
2. Where does Macon take Halley?
3. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
4. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
5. Where does Halley's grandmother live?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What actions does Macon take which help the reader to believe that he enjoys causing difficulties between Halley and her parents? Do you believe he seems to like the fact that Halley's parents dislike him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Does this novel accurately represent the life and issues a teen today faces? Why or why not? In what ways does this novel address issues you have faced specifically in your life.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley's visit to her grandmother help her to gain more courage? In what ways does it help her to make decisions about Macon? Do you believe the visit was helpful or harmful to Halley? Why?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)