|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
2. In what way does Halley's mother say that she is like Halley?
3. What does Scarlett give Halley when she stops by her house on New Year's Eve?
4. What does Halley see come over Macon's face?
5. Who does Scarlett write to telling them about the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Halley want to do before her mother heads off to visit her grandmother and what actually happens?
2. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
3. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
4. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
5. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
6. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
7. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
8. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
9. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
10. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Halley show her own set of maternal feelings? Do you think this is normal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe SOMEONE LIKE YOU is a good title? Why or why not? If you had to re-title the novel what title would you use and why.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley allow others to create the changes in her own personality? In what ways does she take responsibility for these changes? Which do you think is the healhier path to choose? Why?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)