|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
2. How long does Macon say he has waited for Halley?
3. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
4. What is Scarlett doing when Halley goes over to say goodbye?
5. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
Essay Topic 1
What was the critical turning point in Halley's self-transformation? Why do you think this is the case? Use supporting information from the text in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Halley and Scarlett's friendship demonstrate strength throughout the novel? In what ways does it show weakness? Which of the two of them seems to be the strongest character and why?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley's visit to her grandmother help her to gain more courage? In what ways does it help her to make decisions about Macon? Do you believe the visit was helpful or harmful to Halley? Why?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)