|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett give Halley when she stops by her house on New Year's Eve?
2. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
3. How does Halley spend the time while her mother is staying with her grandmother?
4. What does the doctor say when Scarlett asks how much it will hurt to give birth?
5. Why does Scarlett tell Halley she is sorry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does the character of Halley experience the emotions of embarrassment and victimization throughout the novel? Are these emotions justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Halley's feelings and battles between her and her mother continue to move from the positive to the negative? Does this type of situation ever happen in your own life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley's visit to her grandmother help her to gain more courage? In what ways does it help her to make decisions about Macon? Do you believe the visit was helpful or harmful to Halley? Why?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)