|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
2. What does Halley's mother think Halley did in regard to Macon?
3. What happens when Halley refuses Macon?
4. In what way does Halley's mother say that she is like Halley?
5. How long does Macon say he has waited for Halley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
2. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
3. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
4. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
5. What changes for Halley while her mother is with her grandmother and why does this change occur?
6. What does Halley want to do before her mother heads off to visit her grandmother and what actually happens?
7. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
8. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
9. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
10. What worries Halley's mother about Macon and what does Halley think about how her mother approaches this subject?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Halley show her own set of maternal feelings? Do you think this is normal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Halley and Scarlett's friendship demonstrate strength throughout the novel? In what ways does it show weakness? Which of the two of them seems to be the strongest character and why?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author show bullying throughout this novel? Which characters bully others? Which characters refuse to be bullied? Why do you think this is used in this type of novel?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)