Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
2. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
3. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
4. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
5. Who does Halley defend to Elizabeth?
Essay Topic 1
Does this novel accurately represent the life and issues a teen today faces? Why or why not? In what ways does this novel address issues you have faced specifically in your life.
Essay Topic 2
What do you think the purpose of the metaphor of the comet is in relation to the themes of this novel? Do you think the novel would be as well developed had the comet metaphor be left out? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Halley was drawn to the character of Macon? Do you think this relationship would have happened had Scarlett not become pregnant? Why or why not?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)