|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley describe her meetings with Macon toward the end of this chapter?
2. Why does Halley's heart feel like it is stopping when Macon is kissing her in the kitchen?
3. What does the doctor say when Scarlett asks how much it will hurt to give birth?
4. What is Scarlett doing when Halley goes over to say goodbye?
5. How does Halley spend the time while her mother is staying with her grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
2. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
3. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
4. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
5. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
6. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
7. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
8. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
9. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
10. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does the character of Halley experience the emotions of embarrassment and victimization throughout the novel? Are these emotions justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe this would be helpful for all teens to read? Why or why not? In what ways has this novel helped you? If it has not helped you in any way, why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author show bullying throughout this novel? Which characters bully others? Which characters refuse to be bullied? Why do you think this is used in this type of novel?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)