|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Halley run into at the Christmas tree lot who asks about Macon?
2. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
3. How does Halley describe her meetings with Macon toward the end of this chapter?
4. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
5. Where does Macon take Halley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What worries Halley's mother about Macon and what does Halley think about how her mother approaches this subject?
2. What happens when Halley asks Macon who Rhetta is and what excuse does he give her for not being able to tell her where he has been or will be?
3. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
4. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
5. What happens when Macon starts kissing her in the kitchen?
6. What does Halley want to do before her mother heads off to visit her grandmother and what actually happens?
7. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
8. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
9. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
10. How does Halley come to learn some new information about her grandmother and what does she learn about her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe SOMEONE LIKE YOU is a good title? Why or why not? If you had to re-title the novel what title would you use and why.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Halley show her own set of maternal feelings? Do you think this is normal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley allow others to create the changes in her own personality? In what ways does she take responsibility for these changes? Which do you think is the healhier path to choose? Why?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)