|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Halley say she didn't have sex with Macon?
2. Why does Scarlett seem so extremely angry with Macon?
3. Why is Scarlett called into Mr. Averby's office at the market?
4. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
5. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
2. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
3. What changes for Halley while her mother is with her grandmother and why does this change occur?
4. What happens when Halley asks Macon who Rhetta is and what excuse does he give her for not being able to tell her where he has been or will be?
5. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
6. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
7. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
8. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
9. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
10. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe Halley's feelings and battles between her and her mother continue to move from the positive to the negative? Does this type of situation ever happen in your own life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe SOMEONE LIKE YOU is a good title? Why or why not? If you had to re-title the novel what title would you use and why.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author show bullying throughout this novel? Which characters bully others? Which characters refuse to be bullied? Why do you think this is used in this type of novel?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)