|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
2. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
3. Why has Halley been able to avoid a decision about Macon?
4. Where does Halley's grandmother live?
5. What is the one thing Scarlett will not read about pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
2. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
3. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
4. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
5. What happens when Halley asks Macon who Rhetta is and what excuse does he give her for not being able to tell her where he has been or will be?
6. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
7. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
8. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
9. What does Halley want to do before her mother heads off to visit her grandmother and what actually happens?
10. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways was Halley's heart hurt the most after the car accident? Which characters specifically caused her the most pain? Why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe SOMEONE LIKE YOU is a good title? Why or why not? If you had to re-title the novel what title would you use and why.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley's visit to her grandmother help her to gain more courage? In what ways does it help her to make decisions about Macon? Do you believe the visit was helpful or harmful to Halley? Why?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)