|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
2. What does Halley hear her father telling her mother as she falls asleep?
3. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
4. What does Halley think about whenever Macon pushes her toward having sex?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
2. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
3. What happens when Macon starts kissing her in the kitchen?
4. What changes for Halley while her mother is with her grandmother and why does this change occur?
5. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
6. What injuries does the doctor tell Halley she suffered in the car accident?
7. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
8. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
9. What happens when Halley and Macon are lying on the bed together and he is getting ready to have sex with her?
10. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe this would be helpful for all teens to read? Why or why not? In what ways has this novel helped you? If it has not helped you in any way, why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does the metaphor of a coloring book accurately describe the events within the book? What would be another accurate metaphor? How would that develop?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley allow others to create the changes in her own personality? In what ways does she take responsibility for these changes? Which do you think is the healhier path to choose? Why?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)