|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Halley say she didn't have sex with Macon?
2. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
3. What does Halley come to realize about Macon?
4. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
5. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how the author utilized foreshadowing throughout the novel to help the reader understand the strength of the relationships between the characters. Which characters have the strongest bond? Is this surprising? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Halley's visit to her grandmother help her to gain more courage? In what ways does it help her to make decisions about Macon? Do you believe the visit was helpful or harmful to Halley? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe this would be helpful for all teens to read? Why or why not? In what ways has this novel helped you? If it has not helped you in any way, why do you think this is the case?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)