|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
2. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
3. What happened to Halley's grandmother?
4. Who does Scarlett write to telling them about the baby?
5. What happens in this chapter that allows Halley to be released from her punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What worries Halley's mother about Macon and what does Halley think about how her mother approaches this subject?
2. What injuries does the doctor tell Halley she suffered in the car accident?
3. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
4. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
5. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
6. What does Halley want to do before her mother heads off to visit her grandmother and what actually happens?
7. What happens when Halley asks Macon who Rhetta is and what excuse does he give her for not being able to tell her where he has been or will be?
8. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
9. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
10. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does this novel accurately represent the life and issues a teen today faces? Why or why not? In what ways does this novel address issues you have faced specifically in your life.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Halley was drawn to the character of Macon? Do you think this relationship would have happened had Scarlett not become pregnant? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you believe is the strongest in this novel? Why do you feel this way? Which novel do you think is the weakest? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)