|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was odd about Thanksgiving at Scarlett's house?
2. What makes Halley feel scared?
3. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
4. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
5. Why doesn't Halley even try to picture Macon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
2. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
3. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
4. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
5. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
6. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
7. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
8. What happens when Halley and Macon are lying on the bed together and he is getting ready to have sex with her?
9. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
10. What happens when Halley asks Macon who Rhetta is and what excuse does he give her for not being able to tell her where he has been or will be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Halley demonstrate sophistication of thinking and the development of emotional intelligence throughout the novel? Use specific examples from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe this would be helpful for all teens to read? Why or why not? In what ways has this novel helped you? If it has not helped you in any way, why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you believe is the strongest in this novel? Why do you feel this way? Which novel do you think is the weakest? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)