|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Halley's mother say that she is like Halley?
2. What is Scarlett doing when Halley goes over to say goodbye?
3. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
4. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
2. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
3. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
4. What does Halley want to do before her mother heads off to visit her grandmother and what actually happens?
5. What injuries does the doctor tell Halley she suffered in the car accident?
6. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
7. What happens when Macon starts kissing her in the kitchen?
8. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
9. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
10. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What actions does Macon take which help the reader to believe that he enjoys causing difficulties between Halley and her parents? Do you believe he seems to like the fact that Halley's parents dislike him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways was Halley's heart hurt the most after the car accident? Which characters specifically caused her the most pain? Why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
How does Halley demonstrate sophistication of thinking and the development of emotional intelligence throughout the novel? Use specific examples from the novel to support your answer.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)