|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Scarlett will not read about pregnancy?
2. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
3. Where are Scarlett and Halley going in this chapter?
4. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
5. Who does Scarlett write to telling them about the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
2. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
3. What changes for Halley while her mother is with her grandmother and why does this change occur?
4. What does Halley want to do before her mother heads off to visit her grandmother and what actually happens?
5. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
6. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
7. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
8. What injuries does the doctor tell Halley she suffered in the car accident?
9. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
10. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how the author utilized foreshadowing throughout the novel to help the reader understand the strength of the relationships between the characters. Which characters have the strongest bond? Is this surprising? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Halley was drawn to the character of Macon? Do you think this relationship would have happened had Scarlett not become pregnant? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What actions does Macon take which help the reader to believe that he enjoys causing difficulties between Halley and her parents? Do you believe he seems to like the fact that Halley's parents dislike him? Why or why not?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)