|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Halley refuses Macon?
2. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
3. What is the one thing Scarlett will not read about pregnancy?
4. What does Scarlett say that she is worried about Halley doing?
5. What happens in this chapter that allows Halley to be released from her punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Halley come to learn some new information about her grandmother and what does she learn about her?
2. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
3. What worries Halley's mother about Macon and what does Halley think about how her mother approaches this subject?
4. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
5. What happens when Halley and Macon are lying on the bed together and he is getting ready to have sex with her?
6. What happens when Halley asks Macon who Rhetta is and what excuse does he give her for not being able to tell her where he has been or will be?
7. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
8. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
9. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
10. What injuries does the doctor tell Halley she suffered in the car accident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Halley show her own set of maternal feelings? Do you think this is normal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does the character of Halley experience the emotions of embarrassment and victimization throughout the novel? Are these emotions justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way does the metaphor of a coloring book accurately describe the events within the book? What would be another accurate metaphor? How would that develop?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)