|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Scarlett will not read about pregnancy?
2. What does Scarlett say that she is worried about Halley doing?
3. In what way does Halley think she and Steve are similar?
4. Why does Halley's heart feel like it is stopping when Macon is kissing her in the kitchen?
5. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
2. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
3. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
4. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
5. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
6. What changes for Halley while her mother is with her grandmother and why does this change occur?
7. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
8. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
9. What happens when Halley asks Macon who Rhetta is and what excuse does he give her for not being able to tell her where he has been or will be?
10. What happens when Macon starts kissing her in the kitchen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author show bullying throughout this novel? Which characters bully others? Which characters refuse to be bullied? Why do you think this is used in this type of novel?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways was Halley's heart hurt the most after the car accident? Which characters specifically caused her the most pain? Why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley's visit to her grandmother help her to gain more courage? In what ways does it help her to make decisions about Macon? Do you believe the visit was helpful or harmful to Halley? Why?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)