|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
2. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
3. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
4. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
5. Who does Halley defend to Elizabeth?
Essay Topic 1
What actions does Macon take which help the reader to believe that he enjoys causing difficulties between Halley and her parents? Do you believe he seems to like the fact that Halley's parents dislike him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe SOMEONE LIKE YOU is a good title? Why or why not? If you had to re-title the novel what title would you use and why.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley show her own set of maternal feelings? Do you think this is normal? Why or why not?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)