Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Halley is shy and quiet, Scarlett is known as being more what?
2. Where did Cameron transfer from?
3. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
4. What does Macon do to make Halley and Scarlett laugh?
5. How long does Halley stay at Scarlett's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
2. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
3. Where does Macon take Halley and what does he let her do on the way there?
4. How does Halley feel about the time she spends with Macon in P.E. and his suggestions that she come to the party with him?
5. What does Scarlett say about her judgments of Marion's boyfriends?
6. How does Halley feel about Marion and how does she describe Marion?
7. What is Halley's punishment for skipping school with Scarlett and Macon?
8. How does Halley feel about introducing Macon to her mother and why does she feel this way?
9. What happens to Halley's grandmother?
10. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author show bullying throughout this novel? Which characters bully others? Which characters refuse to be bullied? Why do you think this is used in this type of novel?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think the purpose of the metaphor of the comet is in relation to the themes of this novel? Do you think the novel would be as well developed had the comet metaphor be left out? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley's visit to her grandmother help her to gain more courage? In what ways does it help her to make decisions about Macon? Do you believe the visit was helpful or harmful to Halley? Why?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)