Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Halley is shy and quiet, Scarlett is known as being more what?
2. Where did Cameron transfer from?
3. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
4. What does Macon do to make Halley and Scarlett laugh?
5. How long does Halley stay at Scarlett's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
2. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
3. Where does Macon take Halley and what does he let her do on the way there?
4. How does Halley feel about the time she spends with Macon in P.E. and his suggestions that she come to the party with him?
5. What does Scarlett say about her judgments of Marion's boyfriends?
6. How does Halley feel about Marion and how does she describe Marion?
7. What is Halley's punishment for skipping school with Scarlett and Macon?
8. How does Halley feel about introducing Macon to her mother and why does she feel this way?
9. What happens to Halley's grandmother?
10. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
What actions does Macon take which help the reader to believe that he enjoys causing difficulties between Halley and her parents? Do you believe he seems to like the fact that Halley's parents dislike him? Why or why not?
Write an essay describing how the author utilized foreshadowing throughout the novel to help the reader understand the strength of the relationships between the characters. Which characters have the strongest bond? Is this surprising? Why or why not?
Which character do you believe is the strongest in this novel? Why do you feel this way? Which novel do you think is the weakest? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)