|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Halley feel like a fool at the party?
2. Why does Halley believe Scarlett gets a sad expression when she talks to her about Macon?
3. What warning is Halley given about Macon?
4. What stops Halley's mother from pressing her about Macon's name?
5. What month is it when Macon finally asks out Halley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Halley wonder in regard to Scarlett and the baby and about her in regard to Macon?
2. What does Halley think about Cameron at first, but then come to realize about him?
3. What three rules does Macon tell Halley about?
4. In what ways has Scarlett changed since Michael's funeral?
5. What does Halley's mother tell her about the decision Scarlett has made to keep the baby?
6. How does Halley react to Scarlett's news that she is pregnant and what does Scarlett tell Halley about the baby?
7. What is Halley's punishment for skipping school with Scarlett and Macon?
8. What does Scarlett say happened during the fight that she and Marion had when Scarlett told her that she was pregnant?
9. Where does Macon take Halley and what does he let her do on the way there?
10. What does Scarlett say about her judgments of Marion's boyfriends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author show bullying throughout this novel? Which characters bully others? Which characters refuse to be bullied? Why do you think this is used in this type of novel?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways was Halley's heart hurt the most after the car accident? Which characters specifically caused her the most pain? Why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
Does this novel accurately represent the life and issues a teen today faces? Why or why not? In what ways does this novel address issues you have faced specifically in your life.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)