|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scarlett think is weird, but Halley doesn't think is that bad?
2. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
3. What is Halley jealous about in regards to Scarlett?
4. How long after he tells Scarlett that he loves her does Michael die?
5. What new information about herself did Marion reveal to Scarlett during the fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marion react to Scarlett's news that she is pregnant?
2. What is Halley's punishment for skipping school with Scarlett and Macon?
3. Where does Macon take Halley and what does he let her do on the way there?
4. How does Halley feel about letting Scarlett's secret out and how does Scarlett feel about it?
5. What three rules does Macon tell Halley about?
6. What is Scarlett worried about?
7. How does Halley feel about the time she spends with Macon in P.E. and his suggestions that she come to the party with him?
8. What happens when Macon comes to visit Halley at the market where she works?
9. How does Halley feel about her life as compared to Scarlett's life?
10. In what ways has Scarlett changed since Michael's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author show bullying throughout this novel? Which characters bully others? Which characters refuse to be bullied? Why do you think this is used in this type of novel?
Essay Topic 2
What was the critical turning point in Halley's self-transformation? Why do you think this is the case? Use supporting information from the text in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Halley was drawn to the character of Macon? Do you think this relationship would have happened had Scarlett not become pregnant? Why or why not?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)