|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scarlett think is weird, but Halley doesn't think is that bad?
2. How long is Halley's punishment to go on?
3. In what month does Michael tell Scarlett that he loves her?
4. What happens when Halley goes to tell Scarlett about what she's been warned about in regards to Macon?
5. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways has Scarlett changed since Michael's funeral?
2. What happens while Halley is waiting to talk to the counselor about her schedule and how does this make Halley feel?
3. What does Halley wonder in regard to Scarlett and the baby and about her in regard to Macon?
4. How does Scarlett's relationship with Michael begin and develop?
5. Why does Halley avoid looking at her mother's face?
6. How does Halley feel about Marion and how does she describe Marion?
7. What happens when Macon comes to visit Halley at the market where she works?
8. How do Scarlett and Halley meet and also become friends?
9. What is Halley's mother's job and why doesn't she want to let her come home?
10. What is Scarlett worried about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What actions does Macon take which help the reader to believe that he enjoys causing difficulties between Halley and her parents? Do you believe he seems to like the fact that Halley's parents dislike him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Halley's visit to her grandmother help her to gain more courage? In what ways does it help her to make decisions about Macon? Do you believe the visit was helpful or harmful to Halley? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you believe is the strongest in this novel? Why do you feel this way? Which novel do you think is the weakest? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)