|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people call Halley that she doesn't mind, but they might think she minds it?
2. What type of store do Halley and Scarlett work at?
3. Where did Cameron transfer from?
4. What does Halley's mother ask Halley when she comes back to her room?
5. What warning is Halley given about Macon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injuries does the doctor tell Halley she suffered in the car accident?
2. What happens while Halley is waiting to talk to the counselor about her schedule and how does this make Halley feel?
3. What does Halley want to do before her mother heads off to visit her grandmother and what actually happens?
4. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
5. What does Halley's mother bring her as a peace offering from her father?
6. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
7. Where does Macon take Halley and what does he let her do on the way there?
8. What happens when Halley asks Macon who Rhetta is and what excuse does he give her for not being able to tell her where he has been or will be?
9. How do Scarlett and Halley meet and also become friends?
10. How does Halley feel about Marion and how does she describe Marion?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Halley show her own set of maternal feelings? Do you think this is normal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Does this novel accurately represent the life and issues a teen today faces? Why or why not? In what ways does this novel address issues you have faced specifically in your life.
Essay Topic 3
How does Halley demonstrate sophistication of thinking and the development of emotional intelligence throughout the novel? Use specific examples from the novel to support your answer.
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)