|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Steve practice?
2. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
3. What does Halley first see when the lights and noise start?
4. How are Halley's feelings described as Macon pulls her close and kisses her when the dam is opening?
5. What impresses Halley about Scarlett when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Halley feel about her life as compared to Scarlett's life?
2. How does Halley feel about going to camp and leaving the camp in relation to how she thinks her mother will view the same events?
3. What happens to Halley's grandmother?
4. Where does Macon take Halley and what does he let her do on the way there?
5. Why does Halley know that she must leave the camp immediately and agree to head for home when Scarlett calls?
6. What does Scarlett say happened during the fight that she and Marion had when Scarlett told her that she was pregnant?
7. What is Halley's punishment for skipping school with Scarlett and Macon?
8. How does Halley feel about letting Scarlett's secret out and how does Scarlett feel about it?
9. What was Michael known for in school and how did Halley view him?
10. How do Scarlett and Halley meet and also become friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe Halley was drawn to the character of Macon? Do you think this relationship would have happened had Scarlett not become pregnant? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Scarlett's mother, Marion, change throughout the novel? Do you believe the changes are positive or negative? Why? What influence do you think other characters in the novel had on these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you believe is the strongest in this novel? Why do you feel this way? Which novel do you think is the weakest? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)