|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
2. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
3. Which of the following is not one of the ways Halley is evolving?
4. What do people call Halley that she doesn't mind, but they might think she minds it?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the soda machines?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways has Scarlett changed since Michael's funeral?
2. What does Scarlett say happened during the fight that she and Marion had when Scarlett told her that she was pregnant?
3. What does Halley think about Cameron at first, but then come to realize about him?
4. How does Halley feel about introducing Macon to her mother and why does she feel this way?
5. What happens when Macon comes to visit Halley at the market where she works?
6. What is Halley's punishment for skipping school with Scarlett and Macon?
7. What does Scarlett say about her judgments of Marion's boyfriends?
8. Why does Halley know that she must leave the camp immediately and agree to head for home when Scarlett calls?
9. How does Halley feel about her life as compared to Scarlett's life?
10. What is Halley's mother's job and why doesn't she want to let her come home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think the purpose of the metaphor of the comet is in relation to the themes of this novel? Do you think the novel would be as well developed had the comet metaphor be left out? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe SOMEONE LIKE YOU is a good title? Why or why not? If you had to re-title the novel what title would you use and why.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley show her own set of maternal feelings? Do you think this is normal? Why or why not?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)