|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Halley's mother tell her to come straight home from school?
2. Where does Halley find Scarlett?
3. What stops Halley's mother from pressing her about Macon's name?
4. What is Halley jealous about in regards to Scarlett?
5. How old are Scarlett and Halley when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Scarlett and Michael had sex and why wasn't Scarlett worried?
2. What does Halley wonder in regard to Scarlett and the baby and about her in regard to Macon?
3. Why does Halley avoid looking at her mother's face?
4. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
5. How does Halley feel about going to camp and leaving the camp in relation to how she thinks her mother will view the same events?
6. What worries Halley's mother about Macon and what does Halley think about how her mother approaches this subject?
7. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
8. What does Scarlett name her child and how does Halley feel about this?
9. What does Halley think about Cameron at first, but then come to realize about him?
10. What does Halley's mother bring her as a peace offering from her father?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe Halley was drawn to the character of Macon? Do you think this relationship would have happened had Scarlett not become pregnant? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe this would be helpful for all teens to read? Why or why not? In what ways has this novel helped you? If it has not helped you in any way, why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley show her own set of maternal feelings? Do you think this is normal? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)