|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tests has Scarlett taken before she decided to talk to Halley?
2. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
3. What class do Macon and Halley share?
4. What is Halley jealous about in regards to Scarlett?
5. Why does Halley think she escapes the brunt of her mother's anger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Macon take Halley and what does he let her do on the way there?
2. What is Halley's mother's job and why doesn't she want to let her come home?
3. What happened when Scarlett and Michael had sex and why wasn't Scarlett worried?
4. How does Marion react to Scarlett's news that she is pregnant?
5. What does Halley wonder in regard to Scarlett and the baby and about her in regard to Macon?
6. What happens to Halley's grandmother?
7. What type of club does Steve belong to and what does he do on the weekends as a part of this club?
8. What does Halley's mother bring her as a peace offering from her father?
9. How does Halley feel about introducing Macon to her mother and why does she feel this way?
10. What does Halley think Scarlett's body changes remind her of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author show bullying throughout this novel? Which characters bully others? Which characters refuse to be bullied? Why do you think this is used in this type of novel?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does the metaphor of a coloring book accurately describe the events within the book? What would be another accurate metaphor? How would that develop?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley allow others to create the changes in her own personality? In what ways does she take responsibility for these changes? Which do you think is the healhier path to choose? Why?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)