|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley act at Halley's birthday party?
2. What does Macon reveal to Halley about where they are?
3. Why does Marion tell Scarlett that she doesn't like Steve?
4. What changed Halley's mother's opinion toward Michael's death?
5. How many tests has Scarlett taken before she decided to talk to Halley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Macon comes to visit Halley at the market where she works?
2. How does Halley describe the way she feels about herself as compared to how she views Scarlett?
3. What three rules does Macon tell Halley about?
4. How does Scarlett's relationship with Michael begin and develop?
5. What does Halley think about things between her and Macon since they went to the dam together?
6. What does Halley think about Cameron at first, but then come to realize about him?
7. What does Scarlett begin to notice about Steve?
8. What does Halley wonder in regard to Scarlett and the baby and about her in regard to Macon?
9. What is Halley's mother's job and why doesn't she want to let her come home?
10. What do Scarlett and Halley do before they head into school in the mornings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Scarlett's mother, Marion, change throughout the novel? Do you believe the changes are positive or negative? Why? What influence do you think other characters in the novel had on these changes?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Halley show her own set of maternal feelings? Do you think this is normal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley's visit to her grandmother help her to gain more courage? In what ways does it help her to make decisions about Macon? Do you believe the visit was helpful or harmful to Halley? Why?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)