|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is described as being wild?
2. Which of the following isn't something that Macon does that bothers Halley's mother?
3. Why does Halley go to see the counselor on the first day of school?
4. In what month does Michael tell Scarlett that he loves her?
5. What type of store do Halley and Scarlett work at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Halley's punishment for skipping school with Scarlett and Macon?
2. In what ways has Scarlett changed since Michael's funeral?
3. What happens when Macon comes to visit Halley at the market where she works?
4. What does Scarlett say about her judgments of Marion's boyfriends?
5. How does Marion react to Scarlett's news that she is pregnant?
6. What happens to Halley's grandmother?
7. What do Scarlett and Halley do before they head into school in the mornings?
8. How does Scarlett's relationship with Michael begin and develop?
9. What happened when Scarlett and Michael had sex and why wasn't Scarlett worried?
10. Why does Halley avoid looking at her mother's face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways was Halley's heart hurt the most after the car accident? Which characters specifically caused her the most pain? Why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how the author utilized foreshadowing throughout the novel to help the reader understand the strength of the relationships between the characters. Which characters have the strongest bond? Is this surprising? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley's visit to her grandmother help her to gain more courage? In what ways does it help her to make decisions about Macon? Do you believe the visit was helpful or harmful to Halley? Why?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)