|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Halley and Scarlett know Michael for most of high school?
2. Which character in the story gets sick in this chapter?
3. How many times does Scarlett tell Halley she and Michael had sex?
4. What profession does Steve practice?
5. What do people call Halley that she doesn't mind, but they might think she minds it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Scarlett and Halley meet and also become friends?
2. In what ways has Scarlett changed since Michael's funeral?
3. Why does Halley avoid looking at her mother's face?
4. How does Halley feel about the time she spends with Macon in P.E. and his suggestions that she come to the party with him?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley about her feelings in regards to her mother's conversation with Scarlett's mother?
6. What happened when Scarlett and Michael had sex and why wasn't Scarlett worried?
7. What does Halley think about Cameron at first, but then come to realize about him?
8. What happens while Halley is waiting to talk to the counselor about her schedule and how does this make Halley feel?
9. What was Michael known for in school and how did Halley view him?
10. What does Halley's mother tell her about the decision Scarlett has made to keep the baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe Halley was drawn to the character of Macon? Do you think this relationship would have happened had Scarlett not become pregnant? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Scarlett's mother, Marion, change throughout the novel? Do you believe the changes are positive or negative? Why? What influence do you think other characters in the novel had on these changes?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Halley allow others to create the changes in her own personality? In what ways does she take responsibility for these changes? Which do you think is the healhier path to choose? Why?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)