|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley hear while she is trying to figure out where they are?
2. What does Macon do to Halley that makes her feel so happy that she wants to die?
3. What promise did Ginny break?
4. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Halley according to Scarlett?
5. Where does Macon live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Halley's mother bring her as a peace offering from her father?
2. How do Scarlett and Halley meet and also become friends?
3. How does Halley feel about the time she spends with Macon in P.E. and his suggestions that she come to the party with him?
4. What happened when Scarlett and Michael had sex and why wasn't Scarlett worried?
5. What does Halley think about things between her and Macon since they went to the dam together?
6. What does Halley wonder in regard to Scarlett and the baby and about her in regard to Macon?
7. Why does Halley know that she must leave the camp immediately and agree to head for home when Scarlett calls?
8. What is Scarlett worried about?
9. What is Halley's punishment for skipping school with Scarlett and Macon?
10. How does Halley feel about Marion and how does she describe Marion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the critical turning point in Halley's self-transformation? Why do you think this is the case? Use supporting information from the text in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Halley was drawn to the character of Macon? Do you think this relationship would have happened had Scarlett not become pregnant? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does the character of Halley experience the emotions of embarrassment and victimization throughout the novel? Are these emotions justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)