Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Halley is shy and quiet, Scarlett is known as being more what?
2. Where did Cameron transfer from?
3. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
4. What does Macon do to make Halley and Scarlett laugh?
5. How long does Halley stay at Scarlett's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
2. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
3. Where does Macon take Halley and what does he let her do on the way there?
4. How does Halley feel about the time she spends with Macon in P.E. and his suggestions that she come to the party with him?
5. What does Scarlett say about her judgments of Marion's boyfriends?
6. How does Halley feel about Marion and how does she describe Marion?
7. What is Halley's punishment for skipping school with Scarlett and Macon?
8. How does Halley feel about introducing Macon to her mother and why does she feel this way?
9. What happens to Halley's grandmother?
10. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you believe is the strongest in this novel? Why do you feel this way? Which novel do you think is the weakest? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does the metaphor of a coloring book accurately describe the events within the book? What would be another accurate metaphor? How would that develop?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe this would be helpful for all teens to read? Why or why not? In what ways has this novel helped you? If it has not helped you in any way, why do you think this is the case?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)