|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley's mother know she was lying about why she missed curfew?
2. Why didn't Halley and Scarlett know Michael for most of high school?
3. What class do Macon and Halley share?
4. How does Halley feel after she hears Scarlett's news?
5. What new information about herself did Marion reveal to Scarlett during the fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
2. How does Halley react to Scarlett's news that she is pregnant and what does Scarlett tell Halley about the baby?
3. What happens when Macon starts kissing her in the kitchen?
4. What does Halley wonder about Grace and what does she hope for her?
5. What happens when Macon comes to visit Halley at the market where she works?
6. What type of club does Steve belong to and what does he do on the weekends as a part of this club?
7. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
8. What happens while Halley is waiting to talk to the counselor about her schedule and how does this make Halley feel?
9. How does Halley feel about the time she spends with Macon in P.E. and his suggestions that she come to the party with him?
10. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how the author utilized foreshadowing throughout the novel to help the reader understand the strength of the relationships between the characters. Which characters have the strongest bond? Is this surprising? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Does this novel accurately represent the life and issues a teen today faces? Why or why not? In what ways does this novel address issues you have faced specifically in your life.
Essay Topic 3
How does Halley and Scarlett's friendship demonstrate strength throughout the novel? In what ways does it show weakness? Which of the two of them seems to be the strongest character and why?
This section contains 1,305 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)