|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Halley jealous about in regards to Scarlett?
2. What does Halley tell Macon when he visits her on her birthday?
3. Which of the following is not one of the ways Halley is evolving?
4. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
5. How does Halley's mother seem to feel learning things about her daughter from others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley about her feelings in regards to her mother's conversation with Scarlett's mother?
2. What does Scarlett say about her judgments of Marion's boyfriends?
3. What was Michael known for in school and how did Halley view him?
4. What type of club does Steve belong to and what does he do on the weekends as a part of this club?
5. What happened when Scarlett and Michael had sex and why wasn't Scarlett worried?
6. Where does Macon take Halley and what does he let her do on the way there?
7. In what ways has Scarlett changed since Michael's funeral?
8. What is Scarlett worried about?
9. What does Halley's mother bring her as a peace offering from her father?
10. How does Halley feel about letting Scarlett's secret out and how does Scarlett feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe SOMEONE LIKE YOU is a good title? Why or why not? If you had to re-title the novel what title would you use and why.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Halley allow others to create the changes in her own personality? In what ways does she take responsibility for these changes? Which do you think is the healhier path to choose? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Does this novel accurately represent the life and issues a teen today faces? Why or why not? In what ways does this novel address issues you have faced specifically in your life.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)