|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Scarlett tell Halley she and Michael had sex?
2. What does Halley's mother ask Halley when she comes back to her room?
3. Who does Scarlett think is weird, but Halley doesn't think is that bad?
4. How does Halley feel after she hears Scarlett's news?
5. What changed Halley's mother's opinion toward Michael's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Scarlett and Halley meet and also become friends?
2. What is Halley's mother's job and why doesn't she want to let her come home?
3. What does Halley think about Cameron at first, but then come to realize about him?
4. What does Scarlett tell Halley about her feelings in regards to her mother's conversation with Scarlett's mother?
5. In what ways has Scarlett changed since Michael's funeral?
6. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
7. Why does Halley know that she must leave the camp immediately and agree to head for home when Scarlett calls?
8. How does Halley describe the way she feels about herself as compared to how she views Scarlett?
9. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
10. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe this would be helpful for all teens to read? Why or why not? In what ways has this novel helped you? If it has not helped you in any way, why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author show bullying throughout this novel? Which characters bully others? Which characters refuse to be bullied? Why do you think this is used in this type of novel?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you believe is the strongest in this novel? Why do you feel this way? Which novel do you think is the weakest? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)