|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley do as she rushes home for her curfew?
2. What has been the big news at school for the last two weeks?
3. Why does Elizabeth Gunderson approach Halley?
4. How many times does Scarlett tell Halley she and Michael had sex?
5. Why does Halley feel like a fool at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Halley feel about her life as compared to Scarlett's life?
2. What three rules does Macon tell Halley about?
3. How does Halley react to Scarlett's news that she is pregnant and what does Scarlett tell Halley about the baby?
4. Why does Halley know that she must leave the camp immediately and agree to head for home when Scarlett calls?
5. What happens while Halley is waiting to talk to the counselor about her schedule and how does this make Halley feel?
6. What does Scarlett tell Halley about her feelings in regards to her mother's conversation with Scarlett's mother?
7. How do Scarlett and Halley meet and also become friends?
8. How does Halley feel about Marion and how does she describe Marion?
9. What is Halley's mother's job and why doesn't she want to let her come home?
10. What does Halley's mother tell her about the decision Scarlett has made to keep the baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you believe is the strongest in this novel? Why do you feel this way? Which novel do you think is the weakest? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Halley's feelings and battles between her and her mother continue to move from the positive to the negative? Does this type of situation ever happen in your own life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Scarlett's mother, Marion, change throughout the novel? Do you believe the changes are positive or negative? Why? What influence do you think other characters in the novel had on these changes?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)