|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new information about herself did Marion reveal to Scarlett during the fight?
2. Which of the following characters is described as being wild?
3. What does Halley's dad do to embarrass her in front of Macon?
4. How old was Marion when Scarlett was born?
5. What seems to override Halley's dad's reprimand for having someone else do her chores for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Halley's grandmother?
2. How does Scarlett's relationship with Michael begin and develop?
3. How does Halley react to Scarlett's news that she is pregnant and what does Scarlett tell Halley about the baby?
4. What does Halley's mother bring her as a peace offering from her father?
5. How does Halley feel about Marion and how does she describe Marion?
6. What does Scarlett tell Halley about her feelings in regards to her mother's conversation with Scarlett's mother?
7. Why does Halley know that she must leave the camp immediately and agree to head for home when Scarlett calls?
8. What does Halley wonder in regard to Scarlett and the baby and about her in regard to Macon?
9. What does Scarlett say about her judgments of Marion's boyfriends?
10. What happens when Macon comes to visit Halley at the market where she works?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author show bullying throughout this novel? Which characters bully others? Which characters refuse to be bullied? Why do you think this is used in this type of novel?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does the character of Halley experience the emotions of embarrassment and victimization throughout the novel? Are these emotions justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What actions does Macon take which help the reader to believe that he enjoys causing difficulties between Halley and her parents? Do you believe he seems to like the fact that Halley's parents dislike him? Why or why not?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)