|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
(a) He does not think before he talks.
(b) He has told those same things to many other girls.
(c) He says whatever he wants to get what he wants.
(d) He only wants to have sex with her.
2. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
(a) Disobey their parents.
(b) Raise children alone.
(c) Overcome the worries of other.
(d) Have sex without love.
3. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
(a) That she doesn't care what she thinks.
(b) That she will do whatever she wants.
(c) That she should just be happy she isn't pregnant.
(d) That she is not anything like her mother.
4. Where does Halley's grandmother live?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
(a) That it is about her, not him.
(b) That she should definitely not do it.
(c) That he has had sex before.
(d) That he will continue to pressure her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
2. How does Halley feel about going to the prom with Noah Vaughn?
3. In what way does Halley's mother say that she is like Halley?
4. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
5. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
2. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
3. How does Halley come to learn some new information about her grandmother and what does she learn about her?
4. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
5. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
6. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
7. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
8. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
9. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
10. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)