|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarlett seem so extremely angry with Macon?
(a) Because of her pregnancy hormones.
(b) Because Halley is so hurt.
(c) Because Macon won't leave Halley alone.
(d) Because Macon did not respect Michael.
2. What is Scarlett doing when Halley goes over to say goodbye?
(a) Making her mother breakfast.
(b) Reading her pregnancy books and listening to the radio.
(c) Trying to get rid of a bad smell no one else can smell.
(d) Sitting on the couch eating.
3. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
(a) That she needs to go live with her grandmother.
(b) That he is dangerous.
(c) That she wants to get to know him better.
(d) That he isn't good for her.
4. What was odd about Thanksgiving at Scarlett's house?
(a) Marion ordered take out.
(b) They did not celebrate the holiday.
(c) Steve wore a tunic.
(d) Scarlett spent the night in her room.
5. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
(a) Driving too fast.
(b) Yelling at Halley.
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Listening to the music too loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett give Halley when she stops by her house on New Year's Eve?
2. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
3. What happened to Halley's grandmother?
4. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
5. How long does Macon say he has waited for Halley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
2. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
3. What worries Halley's mother about Macon and what does Halley think about how her mother approaches this subject?
4. What happens when Macon starts kissing her in the kitchen?
5. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
6. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
7. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
8. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
9. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
10. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)