|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Halley give as her emergency contact number?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
2. In what way does Halley think she and Steve are similar?
(a) She thinks they have both evolved.
(b) She thinks they can both be themselves.
(c) She thinks they both are outsiders.
(d) She thinks they both love Scarlett.
3. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
(a) Why she forbade her from seeing Macon.
(b) Why she had to come back to Buffalo.
(c) Why she loves her so much.
(d) Why they must talk more.
4. Where does Macon take Halley?
(a) To the dam at the lake.
(b) Back to his penthouse apartment.
(c) To a party outside of town.
(d) To Michael's grave.
5. Halley tells her mother that she will never learn unless her mother lets her do what?
(a) Shows her love and support.
(b) Gives her space to make mistakes.
(c) Let her do it on her own.
(d) Lets her have her own set of friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Scarlett and Halley going in this chapter?
2. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
3. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
4. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
5. What does Macon try to do that Halley stops him from doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
2. What does Halley want to do before her mother heads off to visit her grandmother and what actually happens?
3. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
4. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
5. What worries Halley's mother about Macon and what does Halley think about how her mother approaches this subject?
6. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
7. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
8. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
9. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
10. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)