|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley she must consider about having sex with Macon?
(a) That he will be gone afterwards.
(b) That she could get pregnant.
(c) That he does not love her.
(d) That he has done this before.
2. What does Macon try to do that Halley stops him from doing?
(a) Go to his house with him.
(b) Walk around the block.
(c) Put his hands in her pants.
(d) Go to her bedroom.
3. What does Halley think about whenever Macon pushes her toward having sex?
(a) Of what would happen if she got caught.
(b) That he has done this before.
(c) Of what her mother said.
(d) Of Scarlett's situation.
4. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
(a) He is shy.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is on drugs.
5. What makes Halley feel scared?
(a) Thinking about having sex with Macon.
(b) Learning she didn't see the comet.
(c) Seeing her mother weep.
(d) Leaving her grandmother in the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
2. What does Halley hear right before she becomes unconscious?
3. What does Halley hear her father telling her mother as she falls asleep?
4. How does Halley feel about going to the prom with Noah Vaughn?
5. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injuries does the doctor tell Halley she suffered in the car accident?
2. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
3. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
4. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
5. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
6. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
7. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
8. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
9. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
10. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)