|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley force Scarlett to share with the doctor?
(a) The knowledge that her mother wants her to have an abortion.
(b) That she is scared.
(c) All of her symptoms.
(d) The father's name.
2. Where are Scarlett and Halley going in this chapter?
3. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
(a) How much her mother looks like her.
(b) How she has changed and become irritable.
(c) How pale and small she looks.
(d) How very tired she seems.
4. How does Halley spend the time while her mother is staying with her grandmother?
(a) Helping Scarlett get ready for the baby.
(b) At hom under her continued punishment.
(c) Skipping school with Macon.
(d) Hanging out with her father.
5. Why does Scarlett seem so extremely angry with Macon?
(a) Because Halley is so hurt.
(b) Because Macon did not respect Michael.
(c) Because of her pregnancy hormones.
(d) Because Macon won't leave Halley alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
2. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
3. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
4. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
5. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
2. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
3. What happens when Macon starts kissing her in the kitchen?
4. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
5. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
6. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
7. How does Halley come to learn some new information about her grandmother and what does she learn about her?
8. What happens when Halley and Macon are lying on the bed together and he is getting ready to have sex with her?
9. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
10. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)