|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Halley run into at the Christmas tree lot who asks about Macon?
(b) Elizabet Gunderson.
2. Halley tells her mother that she will never learn unless her mother lets her do what?
(a) Let her do it on her own.
(b) Gives her space to make mistakes.
(c) Lets her have her own set of friends.
(d) Shows her love and support.
3. What does Halley think about whenever Macon pushes her toward having sex?
(a) Of Scarlett's situation.
(b) Of what would happen if she got caught.
(c) Of what her mother said.
(d) That he has done this before.
4. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
5. What is Scarlett doing when Halley goes over to say goodbye?
(a) Making her mother breakfast.
(b) Trying to get rid of a bad smell no one else can smell.
(c) Sitting on the couch eating.
(d) Reading her pregnancy books and listening to the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett say that she is worried about Halley doing?
2. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
3. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
4. Why doesn't Halley even try to picture Macon?
5. Why is Scarlett called into Mr. Averby's office at the market?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
2. What happens when Halley asks Macon who Rhetta is and what excuse does he give her for not being able to tell her where he has been or will be?
3. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
4. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
5. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
6. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
7. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
8. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
9. What injuries does the doctor tell Halley she suffered in the car accident?
10. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)