|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Halley been able to avoid a decision about Macon?
(a) Because Scarlett needs her more.
(b) Because he hasn't been around much.
(c) Because of her mother's wishes.
(d) Because she is working a lot.
2. Which of the following emotions best describes how Macon feels on the drive home?
3. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
(a) Because all she does is yell at Halley.
(b) Because she never trusts Halley.
(c) Because she assumes she went back to Macon.
(d) Because she wouldn't let her talk to Macon alone.
4. Who does Halley give as her emergency contact number?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
5. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
(a) She feels as if her mother is taking everything from her.
(b) She feels as if her memories are clouded.
(c) She feels as if everyone is against her.
(d) She feels as if nothing she knows to be true is true.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Halley even try to picture Macon?
2. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
3. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
4. Who does Halley run into at the Christmas tree lot who asks about Macon?
5. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
2. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
3. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
4. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
5. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
6. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
7. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
8. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
9. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
10. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)