|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following emotions best describes how Macon feels on the drive home?
2. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
(a) She is being more supportive.
(b) She has let Halley make her own mistakes.
(c) She is trying to not dominate Halley.
(d) She has shown her unconditional love to Halley.
3. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
4. Who does Halley give as her emergency contact number?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
5. What does Halley force Scarlett to share with the doctor?
(a) The father's name.
(b) All of her symptoms.
(c) That she is scared.
(d) The knowledge that her mother wants her to have an abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarlett doing when Halley goes over to say goodbye?
2. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
3. What does Halley's mother think Halley did in regard to Macon?
4. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
5. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
2. How does Halley come to learn some new information about her grandmother and what does she learn about her?
3. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
4. What changes for Halley while her mother is with her grandmother and why does this change occur?
5. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
6. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
7. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
8. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
9. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
10. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)