|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
(a) Why she loves her so much.
(b) Why they must talk more.
(c) Why she had to come back to Buffalo.
(d) Why she forbade her from seeing Macon.
2. In what way does Halley's mother say that she is like Halley?
(a) She refuses to consider the opinions of others.
(b) She wants to help people no matter what.
(c) She doesn't see people like they are.
(d) She is too trusting of people.
3. What does Halley see come over Macon's face?
(a) A very angry appearance.
(b) White headlights.
(c) Police light reflections.
(d) Bright yellow lights.
4. Why is Scarlett called into Mr. Averby's office at the market?
(a) He wants her to quit.
(b) He fires her.
(c) He wants to give her benefits.
(d) He wants to reduce her work hours.
5. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
(a) Because she got sick.
(b) Because she yelled at Elizabeth.
(c) Because she needed to go home to see Scarlett.
(d) Because she didn't like the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley come to realize about Macon?
2. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
3. How does Halley spend the time while her mother is staying with her grandmother?
4. What does the doctor say when Scarlett asks how much it will hurt to give birth?
5. Why does Halley's heart feel like it is stopping when Macon is kissing her in the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Macon starts kissing her in the kitchen?
2. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
3. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
4. What happens when Halley and Macon are lying on the bed together and he is getting ready to have sex with her?
5. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
6. What worries Halley's mother about Macon and what does Halley think about how her mother approaches this subject?
7. How does Halley come to learn some new information about her grandmother and what does she learn about her?
8. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
9. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
10. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)