|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
(a) Telling her he loves her.
(b) Telling her he'll be right there.
(c) Holding her hand.
(d) Yelling for help.
2. What does Scarlett say that she is worried about Halley doing?
(a) Sleeping with someone who doesn't love her.
(b) Giving up her own personal dreams.
(c) Disobeying her mother.
(d) Providing more information than she should.
3. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
(a) That she was married more than once.
(b) That she was in love with an Indian boy.
(c) That she lied to her about the comet.
(d) That she was not honest with her mother.
4. What does Halley's mother think Halley did in regard to Macon?
(a) Told him to straighten up.
(b) Had her father meet with him.
(c) Broke up with him.
(d) Met with his parents.
5. What does Halley force Scarlett to share with the doctor?
(a) The knowledge that her mother wants her to have an abortion.
(b) That she is scared.
(c) The father's name.
(d) All of her symptoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
2. Why has Halley been able to avoid a decision about Macon?
3. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
4. Why does Scarlett seem so extremely angry with Macon?
5. What does Macon try to do that Halley stops him from doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Halley come to learn some new information about her grandmother and what does she learn about her?
2. What worries Halley's mother about Macon and what does Halley think about how her mother approaches this subject?
3. What happens when Halley and Macon are lying on the bed together and he is getting ready to have sex with her?
4. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
5. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
6. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
7. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
8. What injuries does the doctor tell Halley she suffered in the car accident?
9. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
10. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)