|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How pregnant is Scarlett in this chapter?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 8 months.
2. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
(a) Because she wouldn't let her talk to Macon alone.
(b) Because she never trusts Halley.
(c) Because all she does is yell at Halley.
(d) Because she assumes she went back to Macon.
3. Why does Halley's heart feel like it is stopping when Macon is kissing her in the kitchen?
(a) She hears her mother's voice.
(b) She sees Scarlett coming over to her house.
(c) She hears her father's voice.
(d) She sees Scarlett's mother watching them.
4. What does Macon try to do that Halley stops him from doing?
(a) Go to his house with him.
(b) Go to her bedroom.
(c) Walk around the block.
(d) Put his hands in her pants.
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
(a) Raise children alone.
(b) Have sex without love.
(c) Overcome the worries of other.
(d) Disobey their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett say that she is worried about Halley doing?
2. What does Halley force Scarlett to share with the doctor?
3. What does Halley hear right before she becomes unconscious?
4. What is Steve wearing that is odd when Halley sees him going into Marion's house?
5. What is the one thing Scarlett will not read about pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Halley and Macon are lying on the bed together and he is getting ready to have sex with her?
2. What worries Halley's mother about Macon and what does Halley think about how her mother approaches this subject?
3. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
4. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
5. What happens when Macon starts kissing her in the kitchen?
6. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
7. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
8. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
9. What injuries does the doctor tell Halley she suffered in the car accident?
10. What happens when Halley asks Macon who Rhetta is and what excuse does he give her for not being able to tell her where he has been or will be?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)