|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Halley feel scared?
(a) Seeing her mother weep.
(b) Leaving her grandmother in the home.
(c) Learning she didn't see the comet.
(d) Thinking about having sex with Macon.
2. Who does Halley give as her emergency contact number?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
3. How does Halley describe her meetings with Macon toward the end of this chapter?
(a) A battle for territory.
(b) A distant disgrace.
(c) A constant temptation.
(d) A source of ongoing frustration.
4. Where does Halley's grandmother live?
5. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
(a) He is on drugs.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor say when Scarlett asks how much it will hurt to give birth?
2. What does Halley come to realize about Macon?
3. What does Halley see come over Macon's face?
4. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
5. Why doesn't Halley even try to picture Macon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
2. What happens when Macon starts kissing her in the kitchen?
3. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
4. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
5. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
6. What happens when Halley asks Macon who Rhetta is and what excuse does he give her for not being able to tell her where he has been or will be?
7. What worries Halley's mother about Macon and what does Halley think about how her mother approaches this subject?
8. What injuries does the doctor tell Halley she suffered in the car accident?
9. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
10. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)