|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Halley's grandmother?
(a) She had a heart attack.
(b) She had a stroke.
(c) She fell and was hurt.
(d) She died.
2. Why does Scarlett tell Halley she is sorry?
(a) Because she feels responsible.
(b) Because Macon is not there.
(c) Because Halley is crying.
(d) Because she had to tell her mother.
3. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
(a) She is surprised with how she is handling it.
(b) She is proud of the way she is handling it.
(c) She is ashamed of the way she is handling it.
(d) She is shocked at how she is handling it.
4. Why does Halley's mother come to see her at work?
(a) To tell her she cannot see Macon anymore.
(b) To tell her that Scarlett is not feeling well.
(c) To tell her she will pick her up after work.
(d) To tell her about her grandmother.
5. What was odd about Thanksgiving at Scarlett's house?
(a) Steve wore a tunic.
(b) Marion ordered take out.
(c) They did not celebrate the holiday.
(d) Scarlett spent the night in her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How pregnant is Scarlett in this chapter?
2. Who does Scarlett write to telling them about the baby?
3. How does Halley describe her meetings with Macon toward the end of this chapter?
4. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
5. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Halley want to do before her mother heads off to visit her grandmother and what actually happens?
2. What happens when Macon starts kissing her in the kitchen?
3. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
4. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
5. What happens when Halley and Macon are lying on the bed together and he is getting ready to have sex with her?
6. How does Halley come to learn some new information about her grandmother and what does she learn about her?
7. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
8. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
9. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
10. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)