|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
(d) Too sympathetic.
2. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
(a) Because she didn't like the party.
(b) Because she needed to go home to see Scarlett.
(c) Because she got sick.
(d) Because she yelled at Elizabeth.
3. What does Halley come to realize about Macon?
(a) She deserves better.
(b) She needs to close things with him.
(c) She should have trusted him sooner.
(d) She loves him regardless.
4. What happens when Halley refuses Macon?
(a) He goes to visit Scarlett.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He tells her off.
(d) He watches TV with her.
5. What makes Halley feel scared?
(a) Leaving her grandmother in the home.
(b) Learning she didn't see the comet.
(c) Thinking about having sex with Macon.
(d) Seeing her mother weep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley see come over Macon's face?
2. Why does Halley think Marion has given up on her plans for Scarlett to give the baby up for adoption?
3. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
4. How pregnant is Scarlett in this chapter?
5. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
2. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
3. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
4. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
5. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
6. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
7. What happens when Halley and Macon are lying on the bed together and he is getting ready to have sex with her?
8. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
9. What injuries does the doctor tell Halley she suffered in the car accident?
10. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)