|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Halley's mother come to see her at work?
(a) To tell her she will pick her up after work.
(b) To tell her she cannot see Macon anymore.
(c) To tell her about her grandmother.
(d) To tell her that Scarlett is not feeling well.
2. What makes Halley feel scared?
(a) Learning she didn't see the comet.
(b) Seeing her mother weep.
(c) Leaving her grandmother in the home.
(d) Thinking about having sex with Macon.
3. What does Scarlett say that she is worried about Halley doing?
(a) Providing more information than she should.
(b) Giving up her own personal dreams.
(c) Disobeying her mother.
(d) Sleeping with someone who doesn't love her.
4. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
(a) That she should just be happy she isn't pregnant.
(b) That she will do whatever she wants.
(c) That she is not anything like her mother.
(d) That she doesn't care what she thinks.
5. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
(a) She is surprised with how she is handling it.
(b) She is proud of the way she is handling it.
(c) She is ashamed of the way she is handling it.
(d) She is shocked at how she is handling it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
2. What does Halley hear her father telling her mother as she falls asleep?
3. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
4. Where does Macon take Halley?
5. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)