|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
(a) He has been arrested and is in jail.
(b) He is not there, though the police released him.
(c) He is outside her door under arrest.
(d) He died in the car accident.
2. How pregnant is Scarlett in this chapter?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 4 months.
3. What happens when Halley refuses Macon?
(a) He watches TV with her.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He tells her off.
(d) He goes to visit Scarlett.
4. Why doesn't Halley even try to picture Macon?
(a) Because he abandoned her at the scene.
(b) Because he is dead.
(c) Because she says it hurts.
(d) Because her mother forbade her to.
5. What does Macon try to do that Halley stops him from doing?
(a) Go to his house with him.
(b) Walk around the block.
(c) Put his hands in her pants.
(d) Go to her bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Steve wearing that is odd when Halley sees him going into Marion's house?
2. What does Halley think about whenever Macon pushes her toward having sex?
3. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
4. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
5. Halley tells her mother that she will never learn unless her mother lets her do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
2. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
3. What changes for Halley while her mother is with her grandmother and why does this change occur?
4. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
5. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
6. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
7. What happens when Halley and Macon are lying on the bed together and he is getting ready to have sex with her?
8. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
9. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
10. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)