|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley hear her father telling her mother as she falls asleep?
(a) To let Macon alone.
(b) To stop crying.
(c) To let it go.
(d) To hug her daughter.
2. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
(a) That he is dangerous.
(b) That he isn't good for her.
(c) That she wants to get to know him better.
(d) That she needs to go live with her grandmother.
3. What is Steve wearing that is odd when Halley sees him going into Marion's house?
(a) Warrior clothes.
(b) Warrior boots.
(c) Warrior sword.
(d) Warrior necklace.
4. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
(a) Why she loves her so much.
(b) Why she forbade her from seeing Macon.
(c) Why she had to come back to Buffalo.
(d) Why they must talk more.
5. How does Scarlett feel about Halley's choice?
(a) She does not think it is the right choice.
(b) She thinks it will be the end of her.
(c) She thinks it is up to Halley to decide.
(d) She thinks she is making a good choice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
2. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
3. Why does Halley think Marion has given up on her plans for Scarlett to give the baby up for adoption?
4. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
5. Why has Halley been able to avoid a decision about Macon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
2. What happens when Halley asks Macon who Rhetta is and what excuse does he give her for not being able to tell her where he has been or will be?
3. What worries Halley's mother about Macon and what does Halley think about how her mother approaches this subject?
4. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
5. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
6. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
7. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
8. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
9. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
10. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)