|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley hear right before she becomes unconscious?
(a) Something loud and big hitting her door.
(b) Scarlett's calls for help.
(c) Macon calling her name.
(d) Her mother's words echoing in her mind.
2. Who does Scarlett write to telling them about the baby?
(a) Michael's parents.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandparents.
(d) Michael in heaven.
3. In what way does Halley think she and Steve are similar?
(a) She thinks they both are outsiders.
(b) She thinks they have both evolved.
(c) She thinks they both love Scarlett.
(d) She thinks they can both be themselves.
4. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
(a) Because she didn't like the party.
(b) Because she needed to go home to see Scarlett.
(c) Because she got sick.
(d) Because she yelled at Elizabeth.
5. Who does Halley defend to Elizabeth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Halley feel scared?
2. Which of the following emotions best describes how Macon feels on the drive home?
3. What is Steve wearing that is odd when Halley sees him going into Marion's house?
4. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
5. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
2. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
3. How does Halley come to learn some new information about her grandmother and what does she learn about her?
4. What happens when Halley asks Macon who Rhetta is and what excuse does he give her for not being able to tell her where he has been or will be?
5. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
6. What injuries does the doctor tell Halley she suffered in the car accident?
7. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
8. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
9. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
10. What changes for Halley while her mother is with her grandmother and why does this change occur?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)