|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is on drugs.
(d) He is shy.
2. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
(a) He has told those same things to many other girls.
(b) He says whatever he wants to get what he wants.
(c) He does not think before he talks.
(d) He only wants to have sex with her.
3. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
(a) Driving too fast.
(b) Talking on the phone.
(c) Yelling at Halley.
(d) Listening to the music too loud.
4. Where does Macon take Halley?
(a) To Michael's grave.
(b) To a party outside of town.
(c) Back to his penthouse apartment.
(d) To the dam at the lake.
5. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
(a) Because she didn't like the party.
(b) Because she yelled at Elizabeth.
(c) Because she needed to go home to see Scarlett.
(d) Because she got sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
2. Why has Halley been able to avoid a decision about Macon?
3. What does Halley hear her father telling her mother as she falls asleep?
4. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
2. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
3. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
4. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
5. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
6. What does Macon's reckless driving parallel in regards to Halley?
7. What happens when Macon starts kissing her in the kitchen?
8. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
9. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
10. How does Halley come to learn some new information about her grandmother and what does she learn about her?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)