|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarlett doing when Halley goes over to say goodbye?
(a) Making her mother breakfast.
(b) Sitting on the couch eating.
(c) Reading her pregnancy books and listening to the radio.
(d) Trying to get rid of a bad smell no one else can smell.
2. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
(a) That she needs to go live with her grandmother.
(b) That she wants to get to know him better.
(c) That he isn't good for her.
(d) That he is dangerous.
3. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
(a) That she lied to her about the comet.
(b) That she was married more than once.
(c) That she was in love with an Indian boy.
(d) That she was not honest with her mother.
4. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
(a) That he will continue to pressure her.
(b) That he has had sex before.
(c) That it is about her, not him.
(d) That she should definitely not do it.
5. What does Macon try to do that Halley stops him from doing?
(a) Walk around the block.
(b) Go to his house with him.
(c) Go to her bedroom.
(d) Put his hands in her pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley describe her meetings with Macon toward the end of this chapter?
2. Halley tells her mother that she will never learn unless her mother lets her do what?
3. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
4. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
5. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
2. What injuries does the doctor tell Halley she suffered in the car accident?
3. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
4. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
5. What happens when Macon starts kissing her in the kitchen?
6. How does Halley spend the week after the accident and how does she feel about Macon?
7. What does Halley's mother do when Halley wakes up after the accident?
8. What does Halley do on the drive home from the party and how does Macon react?
9. What changes for Halley while her mother is with her grandmother and why does this change occur?
10. What does Halley want to do before her mother heads off to visit her grandmother and what actually happens?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)