|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
(a) How she has changed and become irritable.
(b) How much her mother looks like her.
(c) How pale and small she looks.
(d) How very tired she seems.
2. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
(a) Because she yelled at Elizabeth.
(b) Because she got sick.
(c) Because she didn't like the party.
(d) Because she needed to go home to see Scarlett.
3. Who does Halley run into at the Christmas tree lot who asks about Macon?
(a) Elizabet Gunderson.
4. Why is Scarlett called into Mr. Averby's office at the market?
(a) He wants her to quit.
(b) He wants to reduce her work hours.
(c) He fires her.
(d) He wants to give her benefits.
5. What happens in this chapter that allows Halley to be released from her punishment?
(a) A date with Noah.
(b) An injury to one of Halley's relatives.
(c) Scarlett's doctor's appointment.
(d) A visit with her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following emotions best describes how Macon feels on the drive home?
2. What does Halley force Scarlett to share with the doctor?
3. What was odd about Thanksgiving at Scarlett's house?
4. What happens when Halley refuses Macon?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What worries Halley's mother about Macon and what does Halley think about how her mother approaches this subject?
2. What changes for Halley while her mother is with her grandmother and why does this change occur?
3. How does Halley come to learn some new information about her grandmother and what does she learn about her?
4. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
5. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
6. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
7. What information did Halley learn about Macon that made her cry for two days and how did she get through her pain?
8. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
9. What injuries does the doctor tell Halley she suffered in the car accident?
10. What continues to worry Scarlett about her pregnancy and her mother?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)