|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Halley indicate she has found her grandmother's eccentricities?
2. In what month does Michael tell Scarlett that he loves her?
3. What warning is Halley given about Macon?
(a) That he doesn't care about her.
(b) That he can treat girls badly.
(c) That he is into some very dangerous things.
(d) That he is seeing other girls.
4. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
(a) Lying to her.
(b) Refusing to tell her about Macon.
(c) Skipping school.
(d) Not telling her about Scarlett's baby.
5. What does Halley's dad do to embarrass her in front of Macon?
(a) He reminds her she should already be in bed.
(b) He yells at Macon and tells him to leave.
(c) He calls her by an embarrassing nickname.
(d) He reminds her she has to mow the lawn the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
2. How old are Scarlett and Halley when they first meet?
3. What does Scarlett envy about Halley?
4. What does Macon do to Halley that makes her feel so happy that she wants to die?
5. How does Halley startle Macon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Halley describe the way she feels about herself as compared to how she views Scarlett?
2. How do Scarlett and Halley meet and also become friends?
3. What does Halley's mother bring her as a peace offering from her father?
4. How does Halley feel about going to camp and leaving the camp in relation to how she thinks her mother will view the same events?
5. What do Scarlett and Halley do before they head into school in the mornings?
6. What is Halley's punishment for skipping school with Scarlett and Macon?
7. How does Halley react to Scarlett's news that she is pregnant and what does Scarlett tell Halley about the baby?
8. What does Scarlett begin to notice about Steve?
9. How does Halley feel about Marion and how does she describe Marion?
10. What does Halley think Scarlett's body changes remind her of?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)