|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Halley think she escapes the brunt of her mother's anger?
(a) Because she stayed in her room the whole time.
(b) Because she isn't pregnant like Scarlett.
(c) Because her mother is tired of fighting.
(d) Because her father intervened.
2. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
(a) Lying to her.
(b) Refusing to tell her about Macon.
(c) Skipping school.
(d) Not telling her about Scarlett's baby.
3. How does Scarlett react to Halley's revelation about Scarlett never having been on her own?
(a) She said it wasn't the same.
(b) She said that she didn't understand.
(c) She said she appreciated it.
(d) She said that she wanted Michael.
4. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
(a) To stay away from her mother.
(b) To be careful with Macon.
(c) That her father is telling embarrassing stories about her on the radio.
(d) To watch out for Ginny.
5. What is Halley jealous about in regards to Scarlett?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her relationship with Michael.
(c) Her red hair.
(d) Her life style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley's mother's toast say?
2. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
3. What happens when Halley goes to tell Scarlett about what she's been warned about in regards to Macon?
4. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
5. What type of store do Halley and Scarlett work at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley about her feelings in regards to her mother's conversation with Scarlett's mother?
2. In what ways has Scarlett changed since Michael's funeral?
3. How does Halley feel about her life as compared to Scarlett's life?
4. What happens while Halley is waiting to talk to the counselor about her schedule and how does this make Halley feel?
5. What does Halley think about things between her and Macon since they went to the dam together?
6. What happens when Macon comes to visit Halley at the market where she works?
7. How does Marion react to Scarlett's news that she is pregnant?
8. What was Michael known for in school and how did Halley view him?
9. Why does Halley avoid looking at her mother's face?
10. How does Halley feel about going to camp and leaving the camp in relation to how she thinks her mother will view the same events?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)