|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Halley feel after she hears Scarlett's news?
2. What word does Halley think she hears during the argument between Scarlett and her mother?
3. Why does Marion tell Scarlett that she doesn't like Steve?
(a) Because he dresses up in costumes.
(b) Because she never gives any of her boyfriend's a chance.
(c) Because she is still upset that Michael died.
(d) Because she thinks his job is dull.
4. Who does Scarlett think is weird, but Halley doesn't think is that bad?
5. What class does Macon notice on Halley's schedule that he makes fun of her for having?
(b) Remedial math.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarlett feel sorry for Elizabeth?
2. Why does Ginny cry at her own party?
3. Where does Macon live?
4. What does Halley hear while she is trying to figure out where they are?
5. What do people call Halley that she doesn't mind, but they might think she minds it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Halley avoid looking at her mother's face?
2. What was Michael known for in school and how did Halley view him?
3. How do Scarlett and Halley meet and also become friends?
4. What is Halley's mother's job and why doesn't she want to let her come home?
5. How does Halley describe the way she feels about herself as compared to how she views Scarlett?
6. What is Scarlett worried about?
7. What does Scarlett begin to notice about Steve?
8. How does Marion react to Scarlett's news that she is pregnant?
9. What do Scarlett and Halley do before they head into school in the mornings?
10. What three rules does Macon tell Halley about?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)