|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
(a) He has lots of problems.
(b) He is a stepbrother to Michael.
(c) He drinks more than her mother.
(d) He doesn't know how he'll survive without Michael.
2. What happens in regards to Scarlett after lunch?
(a) She is called to the office.
(b) Everyone stares at her stomach.
(c) Scarlett skips the rest of her classes.
(d) No one will talk to her.
3. What seems to override Halley's dad's reprimand for having someone else do her chores for her?
(a) His desire to write down information for his show.
(b) His need to complete his own chores.
(c) His interest in Macon's large lawnmower.
(d) Macon's ability to distract him with questions.
4. What happens when Halley goes to tell Scarlett about what she's been warned about in regards to Macon?
(a) Scarlett yells at Halley.
(b) Scarlett runs out of the room.
(c) Scarlett ignores Halley and walks away from hr.
(d) Scarlett tells her she already warned her.
5. Why is there an uneasy silence at Halley's home when she gets there?
(a) Her mother knows Scarlett is pregnant.
(b) Her mother saw her skipping school.
(c) Her mother is upset that she didn't come right home after school.
(d) Her mother does not like Macon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley tell Macon when he visits her on her birthday?
2. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
3. How long is Halley's punishment to go on?
4. How long does Halley stay at Scarlett's house?
5. What does Halley's mother's toast say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Scarlett and Halley do before they head into school in the mornings?
2. What happens while Halley is waiting to talk to the counselor about her schedule and how does this make Halley feel?
3. How does Scarlett's relationship with Michael begin and develop?
4. What was Michael known for in school and how did Halley view him?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley about her feelings in regards to her mother's conversation with Scarlett's mother?
6. What does Scarlett say happened during the fight that she and Marion had when Scarlett told her that she was pregnant?
7. How does Halley feel about Marion and how does she describe Marion?
8. How does Halley feel about introducing Macon to her mother and why does she feel this way?
9. How does Halley feel about going to camp and leaving the camp in relation to how she thinks her mother will view the same events?
10. What happened when Scarlett and Michael had sex and why wasn't Scarlett worried?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)