|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What class do Macon and Halley share?
2. Which of the following characters is described as being boring?
3. How many tests has Scarlett taken before she decided to talk to Halley?
4. How does Halley startle Macon?
(a) She sneaks up behind him.
(b) She opens the window quickly.
(c) She calls his name quietly.
(d) She climbs down the tree beside him.
5. Why does Halley feel like a fool at the party?
(a) Scarlett and she arrive late.
(b) She cannot find Macon.
(c) Scarlett spends time crying.
(d) Ginny says something rude about her outfit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarlett feel sorry for Elizabeth?
2. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
3. What do people call Halley that she doesn't mind, but they might think she minds it?
4. What does Halley's mother want her to do that Halley avoids?
5. How does Halley indicate she has found her grandmother's eccentricities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Scarlett worried about?
2. How does Halley feel about her life as compared to Scarlett's life?
3. What do Scarlett and Halley do before they head into school in the mornings?
4. What happened when Scarlett and Michael had sex and why wasn't Scarlett worried?
5. Why does Halley avoid looking at her mother's face?
6. What is Halley's punishment for skipping school with Scarlett and Macon?
7. What happens when Macon comes to visit Halley at the market where she works?
8. What type of club does Steve belong to and what does he do on the weekends as a part of this club?
9. What is Halley's mother's job and why doesn't she want to let her come home?
10. What happens to Halley's grandmother?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)