|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Halley's punishment to go on?
(a) One month.
(b) Two months.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
2. How does Halley's mother know she was lying about why she missed curfew?
(a) Because she could see the lie in her daughter's eyes.
(b) Because Halley was breathing too heavily.
(c) Because she could hear Macon's car outside.
(d) Because she could see Scarlett all night.
3. Why does Ginny cry at her own party?
(a) Because something was broken and there is a wine stain on the carpet.
(b) Because the girls made fun of her at her own party.
(c) Because the boy she wanted to come refused.
(d) Because her parents came home and made everyone leave.
4. Which of the following isn't something that Macon does that bothers Halley's mother?
(a) Refuses to talk to Halley's mother.
(b) Call late at night.
(c) Let his car idle, then pull away with screeching tires.
(d) Hang up if somoene other than Halley answers.
5. How long does Halley stay at Scarlett's house?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 1.5 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Halley think she hears during the argument between Scarlett and her mother?
2. Who does Scarlett think is weird, but Halley doesn't think is that bad?
3. What does Halley reflect on when Macon heads toward the parking lot full of long-haired guys?
4. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
5. Why does Halley's mother want her to tell her Macon's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
2. Why does Halley go with Scarlett to the doctors?
3. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
4. What is Scarlett worried about?
5. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
6. Why does Halley avoid looking at her mother's face?
7. How does Scarlett's relationship with Michael begin and develop?
8. Why does Halley know that she must leave the camp immediately and agree to head for home when Scarlett calls?
9. How does Halley feel about introducing Macon to her mother and why does she feel this way?
10. What does Scarlett say happened during the fight that she and Marion had when Scarlett told her that she was pregnant?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)