|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Halley believe Scarlett gets a sad expression when she talks to her about Macon?
(a) Because it reminds her of Michael.
(b) Because she has a crush on Michael.
(c) Because she is jealous.
(d) Because she doesn't have anyone to like.
2. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
(a) A reminder of better times.
(b) An embarassment.
(c) A relic of the past.
(d) A fulfullment of her dreams.
3. Why does Halley go to see the counselor on the first day of school?
(a) Her schedule is all wrong.
(b) She wants to get help for Scarlett.
(c) She wants to spy on Macon.
(d) She is in trouble.
4. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
(a) Because the two families are friends.
(b) She liked Noah more than she likes Halley's new boyfriend.
(c) She does not like the new Halley.
(d) She thinks Noah is good for Halley.
5. What change has occurred in Halley's mother?
(a) She is more involved with Scarlett's pregnancy.
(b) She is trying to get more involved with Halley's relationship with Macon.
(c) She is now distracted and worried.
(d) She is less invovled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does Halley's mother make about Macon's driving?
2. What promise did Ginny break?
3. Why does Halley's mother want her to tell her Macon's name?
4. How does Halley's mother know she was lying about why she missed curfew?
5. What seems to be the problem with mowing Halley's family's lawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett say about her judgments of Marion's boyfriends?
2. What does Halley's mother bring her as a peace offering from her father?
3. How does Halley describe the way she feels about herself as compared to how she views Scarlett?
4. What does Halley wonder in regard to Scarlett and the baby and about her in regard to Macon?
5. How do Scarlett and Halley meet and also become friends?
6. What happens when Macon comes to visit Halley at the market where she works?
7. What is Halley's mother's job and why doesn't she want to let her come home?
8. What three rules does Macon tell Halley about?
9. How does Halley feel about introducing Macon to her mother and why does she feel this way?
10. How does Halley feel about Marion and how does she describe Marion?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)