|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
(a) An embarassment.
(b) A relic of the past.
(c) A fulfullment of her dreams.
(d) A reminder of better times.
2. What changed Halley's mother's opinion toward Michael's death?
(a) She saw how it affected Scarlett.
(b) She learned that it was an accident.
(c) A neighbor told her he was a nice boy.
(d) She saw that he maintained good grades.
3. What happens as Halley is getting ready for bed that night?
(a) Macon is throwing stones at her window.
(b) She notices Scarlett walking down the street.
(c) She gets a phone call from Scarlett.
(d) She sees a car blink its lights outside her window.
4. How long is Halley's punishment to go on?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Two months.
5. What does Halley find out that Macon had stolen a copy of?
(a) The picture of Halley at the Grand Canyon.
(b) A pregnancy book like Scarlett's.
(c) A copy of Halley's favorite book.
(d) A picture of Michael and Scarlett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Halley's mother from pressing her about Macon's name?
2. Why does Halley go to see the counselor on the first day of school?
3. How does Scarlett react to Halley's revelation about Scarlett never having been on her own?
4. How long after he tells Scarlett that he loves her does Michael die?
5. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Halley think Scarlett's body changes remind her of?
2. What happened when Scarlett and Michael had sex and why wasn't Scarlett worried?
3. What happens while Halley is waiting to talk to the counselor about her schedule and how does this make Halley feel?
4. What is Halley's punishment for skipping school with Scarlett and Macon?
5. How does Halley describe the way she feels about herself as compared to how she views Scarlett?
6. What does Halley's mother tell her about the decision Scarlett has made to keep the baby?
7. Why does Halley know that she must leave the camp immediately and agree to head for home when Scarlett calls?
8. What does Scarlett say happened during the fight that she and Marion had when Scarlett told her that she was pregnant?
9. What does Halley think about Cameron at first, but then come to realize about him?
10. How does Marion react to Scarlett's news that she is pregnant?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)