|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is described as being wild?
2. Why does Halley say that she will never have to be on her own?
(a) Because her mother will never abandon her.
(b) Because Hally will always be with her.
(c) Because she will always have the baby.
(d) Because Michael will always be with her in spirit.
3. What does Halley's dad do to embarrass her in front of Macon?
(a) He reminds her she should already be in bed.
(b) He yells at Macon and tells him to leave.
(c) He calls her by an embarrassing nickname.
(d) He reminds her she has to mow the lawn the next day.
4. How does Halley feel after she hears Scarlett's news?
5. What stops Halley's mother from pressing her about Macon's name?
(a) Halley walks out of the house.
(b) Halley's father brings her a milkshake.
(c) The Vaughns call.
(d) Marion calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed Halley's mother's opinion toward Michael's death?
2. What seems to be the problem with mowing Halley's family's lawn?
3. How old was Marion when Scarlett was born?
4. How does Halley's mother feel about her choice to keep the child?
5. Why does Halley go to see the counselor on the first day of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Halley know that she must leave the camp immediately and agree to head for home when Scarlett calls?
2. What is Halley's punishment for skipping school with Scarlett and Macon?
3. What happened when Scarlett and Michael had sex and why wasn't Scarlett worried?
4. What happens while Halley is waiting to talk to the counselor about her schedule and how does this make Halley feel?
5. How does Halley feel about the time she spends with Macon in P.E. and his suggestions that she come to the party with him?
6. How does Halley feel about introducing Macon to her mother and why does she feel this way?
7. How does Halley feel about letting Scarlett's secret out and how does Scarlett feel about it?
8. What does Halley think about things between her and Macon since they went to the dam together?
9. How does Halley feel about Marion and how does she describe Marion?
10. What does Scarlett begin to notice about Steve?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)