|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley's mother want her to do that Halley avoids?
(a) Baking cookies and talking together.
(b) Listening to her father's radio show.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
(d) Watching movies with the Vaughns.
2. Why does Halley forgive Scarlett for the amount of time she spends with Michael and not with her?
(a) Because Scarlett seems so happy.
(b) Because Michael is so nice to Scarlett.
(c) Because her mother doesn't want her to spend time with Scarlett.
(d) Because Halley has other things to occupy her as well.
3. What promise did Ginny break?
(a) Telling everyone to stay out of the bathroom.
(b) Not to tell anyone about Scarlett's baby.
(c) Not to tell anyone that Halley was dating Macon.
(d) Leaving Halley and Scarlett alone.
4. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Halley according to Scarlett?
5. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
(a) No other adults will be there.
(b) She cannot get off of work.
(c) Funerals freak her out.
(d) She did not approve of their relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Halley's punishment to go on?
2. What does Halley's dad do to embarrass her in front of Macon?
3. What does Halley find out that Macon had stolen a copy of?
4. What does Halley first see when the lights and noise start?
5. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Scarlett's relationship with Michael begin and develop?
2. What type of club does Steve belong to and what does he do on the weekends as a part of this club?
3. How does Halley feel about introducing Macon to her mother and why does she feel this way?
4. How does Marion react to Scarlett's news that she is pregnant?
5. What does Scarlett say happened during the fight that she and Marion had when Scarlett told her that she was pregnant?
6. What does Scarlett tell Halley about her feelings in regards to her mother's conversation with Scarlett's mother?
7. What happens to Halley's grandmother?
8. How does Halley feel about going to camp and leaving the camp in relation to how she thinks her mother will view the same events?
9. How does Halley react to Scarlett's news that she is pregnant and what does Scarlett tell Halley about the baby?
10. How does Halley feel about her life as compared to Scarlett's life?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)