Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarlett feel sorry for Elizabeth?
(a) Because Ginny was being mean to her.
(b) Because she had no friends.
(c) Because Michael really loved her.
(d) Because she looks so horrible.
2. What does Halley tell Macon when he visits her on her birthday?
(a) That her parents want to talk to his parents.
(b) That she can't wait to see him later.
(c) That she got busted and is grounded.
(d) That Scarlett is pregnant.
3. What new information about herself did Marion reveal to Scarlett during the fight?
(a) That Scarlett should be smarter than she was.
(b) That she had an abortion.
(c) That she regrets Scarlett.
(d) That she won't help Scarlett with a child.
4. What is the purpose of the camp that Halley is attending?
(a) To build up self-esteem
(b) To help build friendships.
(c) To teach her survival skills.
(d) To provide therapy.
5. What comment does Halley's mother make about Macon's driving?
(a) He could kill someone driving that way.
(b) He wastes a lot of gas.
(c) It is a wonder he still has a license.
(d) He should be home long before he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley's mother know she was lying about why she missed curfew?
2. How does Halley's mother seem to feel learning things about her daughter from others?
3. Why does Halley's mother want her to tell her Macon's name?
4. What month is it when Macon finally asks out Halley?
5. Why does Marion tell Scarlett that she doesn't like Steve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett say about her judgments of Marion's boyfriends?
2. What do Scarlett and Halley do before they head into school in the mornings?
3. How does Halley react to Scarlett's news that she is pregnant and what does Scarlett tell Halley about the baby?
4. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
5. How does Halley feel about going to camp and leaving the camp in relation to how she thinks her mother will view the same events?
6. What happened when Scarlett and Michael had sex and why wasn't Scarlett worried?
7. What changes for Halley while her mother is with her grandmother and why does this change occur?
8. How does Halley feel about her life as compared to Scarlett's life?
9. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
10. How does Halley feel about the time she spends with Macon in P.E. and his suggestions that she come to the party with him?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)