|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Scarlett think is weird, but Halley doesn't think is that bad?
2. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
(a) She cannot get off of work.
(b) No other adults will be there.
(c) Funerals freak her out.
(d) She did not approve of their relationship.
3. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
(a) An embarassment.
(b) A relic of the past.
(c) A reminder of better times.
(d) A fulfullment of her dreams.
4. Where does Macon live?
(a) In a foster home.
(b) In a trailer with his mother.
(c) In the penthouse suite in an apartment.
(d) In a house similar to Scarlett's.
5. What class does Macon notice on Halley's schedule that he makes fun of her for having?
(a) Remedial math.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
2. Why does Elizabeth Gunderson approach Halley?
3. How does Halley indicate she has found her grandmother's eccentricities?
4. How does Halley's mother feel about her choice to keep the child?
5. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Halley think about Cameron at first, but then come to realize about him?
2. Why does Mr. Averby call Scarlett into his office and how does Scarlett respond to his suggestion?
3. What happens to Halley's grandmother?
4. What does Scarlett say about her judgments of Marion's boyfriends?
5. What is Scarlett worried about?
6. How can Halley tell that Macon is trying to get in touch with her and how does this make her feel?
7. How does Halley respond when her mother tells her that she is glad she broke up with Macon and how does she feel about her response?
8. What changes for Halley while her mother is with her grandmother and why does this change occur?
9. How does Halley feel about going to camp and leaving the camp in relation to how she thinks her mother will view the same events?
10. What does Halley's mother bring her as a peace offering from her father?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)