|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Macon been during the party?
(a) In the attic.
(b) At Halley's house.
(c) At Scarlett's house.
(d) At his house.
2. What stops Halley's mother from pressing her about Macon's name?
(a) Halley's father brings her a milkshake.
(b) Halley walks out of the house.
(c) The Vaughns call.
(d) Marion calls.
3. Why does Halley think she escapes the brunt of her mother's anger?
(a) Because her mother is tired of fighting.
(b) Because her father intervened.
(c) Because she isn't pregnant like Scarlett.
(d) Because she stayed in her room the whole time.
4. How does Halley act at Halley's birthday party?
(a) She does not come to the party.
(b) She tells everyone at the party how she feels.
(c) She refuses to talk to Halley.
(d) She pretends nothing happens.
5. Where does Halley's mother go when she leaves the house?
(a) To go and look for Macon.
(b) To the Vaughn's house.
(c) To Scarlett's house.
(d) To talk with Halley's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scarlett think is weird, but Halley doesn't think is that bad?
2. Why does Scarlett call her on the phone at school?
3. What is Scarlett doing to Halley that she has never done before?
4. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
5. Why does Halley's mother tell her to come straight home from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What worries Halley's mother about Macon and what does Halley think about how her mother approaches this subject?
2. Why can't Halley sleep and what does she hope to discover about Macon?
3. How does Halley feel about introducing Macon to her mother and why does she feel this way?
4. What type of club does Steve belong to and what does he do on the weekends as a part of this club?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley about her feelings in regards to her mother's conversation with Scarlett's mother?
6. How does Halley come to learn some new information about her grandmother and what does she learn about her?
7. How does Halley feel about the time she spends with Macon in P.E. and his suggestions that she come to the party with him?
8. Who are Scarlett and Halley going to the prom with and why is Halley going with this person?
9. How is Scarlett kept really busy?
10. How does Halley want to spend New Years Eve and how does her mother want her to spend it? Who wins?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)