|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley feel herself letting go of?
(a) The girl from the Grand Canyon.
(b) Her naive nature.
(c) Her feelings for Noah.
(d) Her relationship with her family.
2. Why does Halley's mother tell her to come straight home from school?
(a) To talk about Scarlett's abortion.
(b) To talk about a plan for her birthday.
(c) To talk about the lies she has been telling.
(d) To talk about this relationship with Macon.
3. What does Halley first see when the lights and noise start?
(a) Danger signs.
(b) Other cars.
(d) A cliff.
4. What happens as Halley is getting ready for bed that night?
(a) She sees a car blink its lights outside her window.
(b) Macon is throwing stones at her window.
(c) She notices Scarlett walking down the street.
(d) She gets a phone call from Scarlett.
5. What does Halley's mother's toast say?
(a) That they are proud of her.
(b) That they are surprised by her behavior.
(c) That they love her.
(d) That she will make better choices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
2. How does Halley feel knowing that Macon likes her?
3. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
4. How does Halley indicate she has found her grandmother's eccentricities?
5. What is the purpose of the camp that Halley is attending?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways has Scarlett changed since Michael's funeral?
2. What does Scarlett begin to notice about Steve?
3. How does Halley feel about Marion and how does she describe Marion?
4. What is Halley's punishment for skipping school with Scarlett and Macon?
5. Why does Halley know that she must leave the camp immediately and agree to head for home when Scarlett calls?
6. What does Halley wonder in regard to Scarlett and the baby and about her in regard to Macon?
7. How does Scarlett's relationship with Michael begin and develop?
8. Why does Halley avoid looking at her mother's face?
9. What is Scarlett worried about?
10. How do Scarlett and Halley meet and also become friends?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)