|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarlett doing to Halley that she has never done before?
(a) Sniping at her.
(b) Ignoring her.
(c) Warning her about Macon.
(d) Acting bossy toward her.
2. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
(a) To watch out for Ginny.
(b) To be careful with Macon.
(c) That her father is telling embarrassing stories about her on the radio.
(d) To stay away from her mother.
3. What does Macon reveal to Halley about where they are?
(a) That he and Michael used to come here often.
(b) That he has never brought anyone else to this place.
(c) That this is his favorite place on earth.
(d) That she can't tell anyone else about where they are.
4. What impresses Halley about Scarlett when they first meet?
(a) The way she seems to have everything together.
(b) Her boldness and competence.
(c) How she is able to manipulate her mother.
(d) The fact that she is older than Halley.
5. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
(a) Her mother had passed out drunk on the sidewalk.
(b) Her mother had a boyfriend over and she was embarrassed.
(c) Her mother had beaten her up.
(d) Her mother had locked her out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley's mother seem to feel learning things about her daughter from others?
2. What seems to be the problem with mowing Halley's family's lawn?
3. Where had Macon been during the party?
4. Where does Halley's mother go when she leaves the house?
5. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Michael known for in school and how did Halley view him?
2. What does Scarlett say about her judgments of Marion's boyfriends?
3. How do Scarlett and Halley meet and also become friends?
4. What type of club does Steve belong to and what does he do on the weekends as a part of this club?
5. How does Scarlett's relationship with Michael begin and develop?
6. How does Halley feel about introducing Macon to her mother and why does she feel this way?
7. What does Scarlett begin to notice about Steve?
8. How does Halley feel about the time she spends with Macon in P.E. and his suggestions that she come to the party with him?
9. Why does Halley avoid looking at her mother's face?
10. How does Halley describe the way she feels about herself as compared to how she views Scarlett?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)