|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
(a) She is ashamed of the way she is handling it.
(b) She is shocked at how she is handling it.
(c) She is surprised with how she is handling it.
(d) She is proud of the way she is handling it.
2. Why has Halley been able to avoid a decision about Macon?
(a) Because she is working a lot.
(b) Because he hasn't been around much.
(c) Because Scarlett needs her more.
(d) Because of her mother's wishes.
3. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
(a) Because she assumes she went back to Macon.
(b) Because she wouldn't let her talk to Macon alone.
(c) Because all she does is yell at Halley.
(d) Because she never trusts Halley.
4. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
(a) How she has changed and become irritable.
(b) How much her mother looks like her.
(c) How very tired she seems.
(d) How pale and small she looks.
5. Who does Halley give as her emergency contact number?
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
6. What makes Halley feel scared?
(a) Thinking about having sex with Macon.
(b) Learning she didn't see the comet.
(c) Leaving her grandmother in the home.
(d) Seeing her mother weep.
7. What does Halley hear her father telling her mother as she falls asleep?
(a) To let it go.
(b) To hug her daughter.
(c) To stop crying.
(d) To let Macon alone.
8. Which of the following emotions best describes how Macon feels on the drive home?
9. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
(a) An adoption seminar.
(b) A birthing class.
(c) Parenting classes.
(d) A therapy session.
10. What happens in this chapter that allows Halley to be released from her punishment?
(a) A date with Noah.
(b) Scarlett's doctor's appointment.
(c) An injury to one of Halley's relatives.
(d) A visit with her grandmother.
11. How does Halley feel about going to the prom with Noah Vaughn?
(a) She isn't excited about it.
(b) She is angry that her mother took these steps.
(c) She is very excitied about it.
(d) She is unsure about his motives.
12. What is the one thing Scarlett will not read about pregnancy?
(a) Pamphlets about adoption.
(b) Pamphlets about fathers.
(c) Pamphlets about giving birth.
(d) Pamphlets about exercise.
13. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
(a) She is being more supportive.
(b) She has shown her unconditional love to Halley.
(c) She is trying to not dominate Halley.
(d) She has let Halley make her own mistakes.
14. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
(a) Raise children alone.
(b) Have sex without love.
(c) Disobey their parents.
(d) Overcome the worries of other.
15. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Listening to the music too loud.
(c) Yelling at Halley.
(d) Driving too fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
2. Who does Halley defend to Elizabeth?
3. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
4. What does the doctor say when Scarlett asks how much it will hurt to give birth?
5. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)