|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
(d) Too sympathetic.
2. What is Steve wearing that is odd when Halley sees him going into Marion's house?
(a) Warrior necklace.
(b) Warrior sword.
(c) Warrior boots.
(d) Warrior clothes.
3. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
(a) She is shocked at how she is handling it.
(b) She is proud of the way she is handling it.
(c) She is ashamed of the way she is handling it.
(d) She is surprised with how she is handling it.
4. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
5. Where are Scarlett and Halley going in this chapter?
6. Who does Halley run into at the Christmas tree lot who asks about Macon?
(d) Elizabet Gunderson.
7. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
(a) Driving too fast.
(b) Talking on the phone.
(c) Yelling at Halley.
(d) Listening to the music too loud.
8. Why does Halley's heart feel like it is stopping when Macon is kissing her in the kitchen?
(a) She hears her father's voice.
(b) She sees Scarlett coming over to her house.
(c) She hears her mother's voice.
(d) She sees Scarlett's mother watching them.
9. What does Scarlett give Halley when she stops by her house on New Year's Eve?
(a) A speech.
(b) A pep talk.
(d) A pregnancy book.
10. What happens in this chapter that allows Halley to be released from her punishment?
(a) A date with Noah.
(b) Scarlett's doctor's appointment.
(c) A visit with her grandmother.
(d) An injury to one of Halley's relatives.
11. Why does Halley say she didn't have sex with Macon?
(a) He was too mean.
(b) It hadn't felt right.
(c) Elizabet said mean things to her.
(d) She felt sick to her stomach.
12. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
(a) She feels as if everyone is against her.
(b) She feels as if her memories are clouded.
(c) She feels as if her mother is taking everything from her.
(d) She feels as if nothing she knows to be true is true.
13. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
(a) Holding her hand.
(b) Telling her he'll be right there.
(c) Telling her he loves her.
(d) Yelling for help.
14. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
(a) That she was in love with an Indian boy.
(b) That she was married more than once.
(c) That she lied to her about the comet.
(d) That she was not honest with her mother.
15. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
(a) Because she didn't like the party.
(b) Because she got sick.
(c) Because she needed to go home to see Scarlett.
(d) Because she yelled at Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley describe her meetings with Macon toward the end of this chapter?
2. Halley tells her mother that she will never learn unless her mother lets her do what?
3. What does Halley come to realize about Macon?
4. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
5. How does Halley spend the time while her mother is staying with her grandmother?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)