|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley think about whenever Macon pushes her toward having sex?
(a) Of Scarlett's situation.
(b) Of what her mother said.
(c) That he has done this before.
(d) Of what would happen if she got caught.
2. Why does Halley say she didn't have sex with Macon?
(a) He was too mean.
(b) Elizabet said mean things to her.
(c) It hadn't felt right.
(d) She felt sick to her stomach.
3. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
(a) That he isn't good for her.
(b) That she wants to get to know him better.
(c) That he is dangerous.
(d) That she needs to go live with her grandmother.
4. Why is Scarlett called into Mr. Averby's office at the market?
(a) He wants to reduce her work hours.
(b) He wants her to quit.
(c) He fires her.
(d) He wants to give her benefits.
5. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is on drugs.
(d) He is shy.
6. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
(a) She is shocked at how she is handling it.
(b) She is ashamed of the way she is handling it.
(c) She is surprised with how she is handling it.
(d) She is proud of the way she is handling it.
7. In what way does Halley's mother say that she is like Halley?
(a) She doesn't see people like they are.
(b) She wants to help people no matter what.
(c) She refuses to consider the opinions of others.
(d) She is too trusting of people.
8. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
(a) Why she forbade her from seeing Macon.
(b) Why they must talk more.
(c) Why she loves her so much.
(d) Why she had to come back to Buffalo.
9. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
(a) Because she never trusts Halley.
(b) Because she assumes she went back to Macon.
(c) Because all she does is yell at Halley.
(d) Because she wouldn't let her talk to Macon alone.
10. Where does Halley's grandmother live?
11. Why does Scarlett tell Halley she is sorry?
(a) Because she had to tell her mother.
(b) Because Macon is not there.
(c) Because Halley is crying.
(d) Because she feels responsible.
12. What does Scarlett give Halley when she stops by her house on New Year's Eve?
(b) A pregnancy book.
(c) A pep talk.
(d) A speech.
13. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
(c) Too sympathetic.
14. What does Halley's mother think Halley did in regard to Macon?
(a) Broke up with him.
(b) Had her father meet with him.
(c) Met with his parents.
(d) Told him to straighten up.
15. Who does Halley give as her emergency contact number?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Halley refuses Macon?
2. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
3. Which of the following emotions best describes how Macon feels on the drive home?
4. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
5. Who does Scarlett write to telling them about the baby?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)