|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Halley feel about going to the prom with Noah Vaughn?
(a) She is angry that her mother took these steps.
(b) She is unsure about his motives.
(c) She is very excitied about it.
(d) She isn't excited about it.
2. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
(a) He says whatever he wants to get what he wants.
(b) He does not think before he talks.
(c) He has told those same things to many other girls.
(d) He only wants to have sex with her.
3. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
(a) An adoption seminar.
(b) Parenting classes.
(c) A birthing class.
(d) A therapy session.
4. What happens in this chapter that allows Halley to be released from her punishment?
(a) A visit with her grandmother.
(b) A date with Noah.
(c) Scarlett's doctor's appointment.
(d) An injury to one of Halley's relatives.
5. What does Halley hear right before she becomes unconscious?
(a) Her mother's words echoing in her mind.
(b) Macon calling her name.
(c) Scarlett's calls for help.
(d) Something loud and big hitting her door.
6. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
(a) Because she never trusts Halley.
(b) Because she assumes she went back to Macon.
(c) Because all she does is yell at Halley.
(d) Because she wouldn't let her talk to Macon alone.
7. What does Halley's mother think Halley did in regard to Macon?
(a) Broke up with him.
(b) Met with his parents.
(c) Had her father meet with him.
(d) Told him to straighten up.
8. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
(a) She is ashamed of the way she is handling it.
(b) She is surprised with how she is handling it.
(c) She is shocked at how she is handling it.
(d) She is proud of the way she is handling it.
9. What does Macon try to do that Halley stops him from doing?
(a) Go to her bedroom.
(b) Put his hands in her pants.
(c) Walk around the block.
(d) Go to his house with him.
10. What happened to Halley's grandmother?
(a) She fell and was hurt.
(b) She died.
(c) She had a stroke.
(d) She had a heart attack.
11. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
(a) Because she needed to go home to see Scarlett.
(b) Because she got sick.
(c) Because she didn't like the party.
(d) Because she yelled at Elizabeth.
12. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is shy.
(c) He is on drugs.
(d) He is drunk.
13. Why doesn't Halley even try to picture Macon?
(a) Because he is dead.
(b) Because her mother forbade her to.
(c) Because he abandoned her at the scene.
(d) Because she says it hurts.
14. What does Scarlett say that she is worried about Halley doing?
(a) Sleeping with someone who doesn't love her.
(b) Disobeying her mother.
(c) Giving up her own personal dreams.
(d) Providing more information than she should.
15. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
(a) That she wants to get to know him better.
(b) That he isn't good for her.
(c) That she needs to go live with her grandmother.
(d) That he is dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Macon say he has waited for Halley?
2. What is Scarlett doing when Halley goes over to say goodbye?
3. What does Halley hear her father telling her mother as she falls asleep?
4. In what way does Halley think she and Steve are similar?
5. How pregnant is Scarlett in this chapter?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)