|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Halley run into at the Christmas tree lot who asks about Macon?
(a) Elizabet Gunderson.
2. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
(a) That she lied to her about the comet.
(b) That she was not honest with her mother.
(c) That she was in love with an Indian boy.
(d) That she was married more than once.
3. What happens when Halley refuses Macon?
(a) He tells her off.
(b) He goes to visit Scarlett.
(c) He watches TV with her.
(d) He leaves.
4. What happened to Halley's grandmother?
(a) She died.
(b) She fell and was hurt.
(c) She had a stroke.
(d) She had a heart attack.
5. Which of the following emotions best describes how Macon feels on the drive home?
6. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
(a) That she needs to go live with her grandmother.
(b) That he isn't good for her.
(c) That he is dangerous.
(d) That she wants to get to know him better.
7. What does Halley hear right before she becomes unconscious?
(a) Scarlett's calls for help.
(b) Her mother's words echoing in her mind.
(c) Something loud and big hitting her door.
(d) Macon calling her name.
8. What does Halley's mother think Halley did in regard to Macon?
(a) Broke up with him.
(b) Had her father meet with him.
(c) Told him to straighten up.
(d) Met with his parents.
9. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
(a) She is proud of the way she is handling it.
(b) She is shocked at how she is handling it.
(c) She is ashamed of the way she is handling it.
(d) She is surprised with how she is handling it.
10. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
11. What does Halley hear her father telling her mother as she falls asleep?
(a) To stop crying.
(b) To let Macon alone.
(c) To hug her daughter.
(d) To let it go.
12. How pregnant is Scarlett in this chapter?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 4 months.
13. What does Halley come to realize about Macon?
(a) She loves him regardless.
(b) She should have trusted him sooner.
(c) She deserves better.
(d) She needs to close things with him.
14. How does Halley feel about going to the prom with Noah Vaughn?
(a) She is very excitied about it.
(b) She is unsure about his motives.
(c) She is angry that her mother took these steps.
(d) She isn't excited about it.
15. How does Scarlett feel about Halley's choice?
(a) She thinks it is up to Halley to decide.
(b) She thinks she is making a good choice.
(c) She does not think it is the right choice.
(d) She thinks it will be the end of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
2. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
3. Why does Scarlett seem so extremely angry with Macon?
4. What makes Halley feel scared?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)