|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Halley refuses Macon?
(a) He goes to visit Scarlett.
(b) He watches TV with her.
(c) He tells her off.
(d) He leaves.
2. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
3. Why does Scarlett seem so extremely angry with Macon?
(a) Because Macon did not respect Michael.
(b) Because Halley is so hurt.
(c) Because of her pregnancy hormones.
(d) Because Macon won't leave Halley alone.
4. Why has Halley been able to avoid a decision about Macon?
(a) Because Scarlett needs her more.
(b) Because of her mother's wishes.
(c) Because he hasn't been around much.
(d) Because she is working a lot.
5. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
(a) That she needs to go live with her grandmother.
(b) That he is dangerous.
(c) That he isn't good for her.
(d) That she wants to get to know him better.
6. What happened to Halley's grandmother?
(a) She died.
(b) She fell and was hurt.
(c) She had a stroke.
(d) She had a heart attack.
7. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
(a) He has told those same things to many other girls.
(b) He says whatever he wants to get what he wants.
(c) He does not think before he talks.
(d) He only wants to have sex with her.
8. What does Scarlett say that she is worried about Halley doing?
(a) Giving up her own personal dreams.
(b) Disobeying her mother.
(c) Sleeping with someone who doesn't love her.
(d) Providing more information than she should.
9. What does Scarlett tell Halley she must consider about having sex with Macon?
(a) That he does not love her.
(b) That she could get pregnant.
(c) That he has done this before.
(d) That he will be gone afterwards.
10. Why does Halley's heart feel like it is stopping when Macon is kissing her in the kitchen?
(a) She hears her mother's voice.
(b) She hears her father's voice.
(c) She sees Scarlett's mother watching them.
(d) She sees Scarlett coming over to her house.
11. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
(a) Yelling for help.
(b) Telling her he'll be right there.
(c) Holding her hand.
(d) Telling her he loves her.
12. How long does Macon say he has waited for Halley?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
13. How does Halley feel about going to the prom with Noah Vaughn?
(a) She is angry that her mother took these steps.
(b) She isn't excited about it.
(c) She is unsure about his motives.
(d) She is very excitied about it.
14. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
(a) Have sex without love.
(b) Raise children alone.
(c) Overcome the worries of other.
(d) Disobey their parents.
15. How does Halley spend the time while her mother is staying with her grandmother?
(a) At hom under her continued punishment.
(b) Hanging out with her father.
(c) Helping Scarlett get ready for the baby.
(d) Skipping school with Macon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
2. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
3. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
4. What is Scarlett doing when Halley goes over to say goodbye?
5. What does Halley hear right before she becomes unconscious?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)