|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Halley's grandmother live?
2. What does Halley hear right before she becomes unconscious?
(a) Her mother's words echoing in her mind.
(b) Macon calling her name.
(c) Scarlett's calls for help.
(d) Something loud and big hitting her door.
3. Why is Scarlett called into Mr. Averby's office at the market?
(a) He wants to give her benefits.
(b) He fires her.
(c) He wants her to quit.
(d) He wants to reduce her work hours.
4. Why has Halley been able to avoid a decision about Macon?
(a) Because she is working a lot.
(b) Because he hasn't been around much.
(c) Because Scarlett needs her more.
(d) Because of her mother's wishes.
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
(a) That he has had sex before.
(b) That it is about her, not him.
(c) That he will continue to pressure her.
(d) That she should definitely not do it.
6. Halley tells her mother that she will never learn unless her mother lets her do what?
(a) Gives her space to make mistakes.
(b) Let her do it on her own.
(c) Lets her have her own set of friends.
(d) Shows her love and support.
7. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
(a) Listening to the music too loud.
(b) Yelling at Halley.
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Driving too fast.
8. Why does Scarlett seem so extremely angry with Macon?
(a) Because Halley is so hurt.
(b) Because Macon won't leave Halley alone.
(c) Because of her pregnancy hormones.
(d) Because Macon did not respect Michael.
9. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
(a) That she needs to go live with her grandmother.
(b) That she wants to get to know him better.
(c) That he is dangerous.
(d) That he isn't good for her.
10. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
11. Who does Halley defend to Elizabeth?
12. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
(a) That she doesn't care what she thinks.
(b) That she will do whatever she wants.
(c) That she is not anything like her mother.
(d) That she should just be happy she isn't pregnant.
13. Why does Halley's heart feel like it is stopping when Macon is kissing her in the kitchen?
(a) She hears her father's voice.
(b) She sees Scarlett's mother watching them.
(c) She hears her mother's voice.
(d) She sees Scarlett coming over to her house.
14. Which of the following emotions best describes how Macon feels on the drive home?
15. What is the one thing Scarlett will not read about pregnancy?
(a) Pamphlets about exercise.
(b) Pamphlets about giving birth.
(c) Pamphlets about adoption.
(d) Pamphlets about fathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
2. Where does Macon take Halley?
3. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
4. What does Halley force Scarlett to share with the doctor?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)