|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
(a) How pale and small she looks.
(b) How very tired she seems.
(c) How she has changed and become irritable.
(d) How much her mother looks like her.
2. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
(a) He has been arrested and is in jail.
(b) He died in the car accident.
(c) He is outside her door under arrest.
(d) He is not there, though the police released him.
3. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
(a) Because all she does is yell at Halley.
(b) Because she assumes she went back to Macon.
(c) Because she never trusts Halley.
(d) Because she wouldn't let her talk to Macon alone.
4. What is Scarlett doing when Halley goes over to say goodbye?
(a) Making her mother breakfast.
(b) Trying to get rid of a bad smell no one else can smell.
(c) Sitting on the couch eating.
(d) Reading her pregnancy books and listening to the radio.
5. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
(a) He says whatever he wants to get what he wants.
(b) He only wants to have sex with her.
(c) He does not think before he talks.
(d) He has told those same things to many other girls.
6. In what way does Halley think she and Steve are similar?
(a) She thinks they can both be themselves.
(b) She thinks they have both evolved.
(c) She thinks they both are outsiders.
(d) She thinks they both love Scarlett.
7. How does Halley spend the time while her mother is staying with her grandmother?
(a) Skipping school with Macon.
(b) At hom under her continued punishment.
(c) Hanging out with her father.
(d) Helping Scarlett get ready for the baby.
8. What does Macon try to do that Halley stops him from doing?
(a) Go to her bedroom.
(b) Put his hands in her pants.
(c) Go to his house with him.
(d) Walk around the block.
9. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
(a) Why she forbade her from seeing Macon.
(b) Why they must talk more.
(c) Why she loves her so much.
(d) Why she had to come back to Buffalo.
10. What happens in this chapter that allows Halley to be released from her punishment?
(a) Scarlett's doctor's appointment.
(b) A visit with her grandmother.
(c) A date with Noah.
(d) An injury to one of Halley's relatives.
11. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
(a) That he will continue to pressure her.
(b) That he has had sex before.
(c) That she should definitely not do it.
(d) That it is about her, not him.
12. What does Halley hear her father telling her mother as she falls asleep?
(a) To stop crying.
(b) To let Macon alone.
(c) To hug her daughter.
(d) To let it go.
13. How long does Macon say he has waited for Halley?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
14. What does Halley think about whenever Macon pushes her toward having sex?
(a) Of Scarlett's situation.
(b) Of what her mother said.
(c) Of what would happen if she got caught.
(d) That he has done this before.
15. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
(d) Too sympathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
2. How does Scarlett feel about Halley's choice?
3. Why does Scarlett seem so extremely angry with Macon?
4. What does Scarlett give Halley when she stops by her house on New Year's Eve?
5. Where does Halley's grandmother live?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)