|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
(a) That she should just be happy she isn't pregnant.
(b) That she is not anything like her mother.
(c) That she doesn't care what she thinks.
(d) That she will do whatever she wants.
2. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
(a) Parenting classes.
(b) A birthing class.
(c) An adoption seminar.
(d) A therapy session.
3. What does Halley think about whenever Macon pushes her toward having sex?
(a) That he has done this before.
(b) Of Scarlett's situation.
(c) Of what would happen if she got caught.
(d) Of what her mother said.
4. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
5. Why does Halley think Marion has given up on her plans for Scarlett to give the baby up for adoption?
(a) She takes Scarlett to the doctor's appointments.
(b) She told Halley's mother she is looking forward to the baby.
(c) She stops putting flyers on Scarlett's bed.
(d) She looks at the nursery with a smile.
6. What does Macon try to do that Halley stops him from doing?
(a) Put his hands in her pants.
(b) Walk around the block.
(c) Go to her bedroom.
(d) Go to his house with him.
7. What does Halley's mother think Halley did in regard to Macon?
(a) Had her father meet with him.
(b) Told him to straighten up.
(c) Met with his parents.
(d) Broke up with him.
8. What does Halley see come over Macon's face?
(a) Police light reflections.
(b) Bright yellow lights.
(c) White headlights.
(d) A very angry appearance.
9. Why does Halley say she didn't have sex with Macon?
(a) He was too mean.
(b) Elizabet said mean things to her.
(c) It hadn't felt right.
(d) She felt sick to her stomach.
10. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
(a) Too sympathetic.
11. How does Halley describe her meetings with Macon toward the end of this chapter?
(a) A constant temptation.
(b) A battle for territory.
(c) A source of ongoing frustration.
(d) A distant disgrace.
12. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
(a) That she needs to go live with her grandmother.
(b) That he isn't good for her.
(c) That she wants to get to know him better.
(d) That he is dangerous.
13. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
(a) He is shy.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is on drugs.
14. Why does Halley's mother come to see her at work?
(a) To tell her about her grandmother.
(b) To tell her she cannot see Macon anymore.
(c) To tell her that Scarlett is not feeling well.
(d) To tell her she will pick her up after work.
15. Who does Halley give as her emergency contact number?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
2. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
3. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
4. Why doesn't Halley even try to picture Macon?
5. What does the doctor say when Scarlett asks how much it will hurt to give birth?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)