|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Halley think Marion has given up on her plans for Scarlett to give the baby up for adoption?
(a) She takes Scarlett to the doctor's appointments.
(b) She looks at the nursery with a smile.
(c) She stops putting flyers on Scarlett's bed.
(d) She told Halley's mother she is looking forward to the baby.
2. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
(a) She feels as if her mother is taking everything from her.
(b) She feels as if nothing she knows to be true is true.
(c) She feels as if everyone is against her.
(d) She feels as if her memories are clouded.
3. What does Halley's mother think Halley did in regard to Macon?
(a) Had her father meet with him.
(b) Broke up with him.
(c) Met with his parents.
(d) Told him to straighten up.
4. Why does Scarlett tell Halley she is sorry?
(a) Because Macon is not there.
(b) Because Halley is crying.
(c) Because she had to tell her mother.
(d) Because she feels responsible.
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
(a) Raise children alone.
(b) Overcome the worries of other.
(c) Have sex without love.
(d) Disobey their parents.
6. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
(a) Because she didn't like the party.
(b) Because she needed to go home to see Scarlett.
(c) Because she yelled at Elizabeth.
(d) Because she got sick.
7. Why does Scarlett seem so extremely angry with Macon?
(a) Because of her pregnancy hormones.
(b) Because Macon won't leave Halley alone.
(c) Because Halley is so hurt.
(d) Because Macon did not respect Michael.
8. How does Scarlett feel about Halley's choice?
(a) She thinks she is making a good choice.
(b) She does not think it is the right choice.
(c) She thinks it will be the end of her.
(d) She thinks it is up to Halley to decide.
9. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
(a) That he has had sex before.
(b) That she should definitely not do it.
(c) That he will continue to pressure her.
(d) That it is about her, not him.
10. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
11. What is Steve wearing that is odd when Halley sees him going into Marion's house?
(a) Warrior boots.
(b) Warrior sword.
(c) Warrior necklace.
(d) Warrior clothes.
12. Why does Halley's mother come to see her at work?
(a) To tell her that Scarlett is not feeling well.
(b) To tell her she will pick her up after work.
(c) To tell her she cannot see Macon anymore.
(d) To tell her about her grandmother.
13. What does Halley think about whenever Macon pushes her toward having sex?
(a) Of what would happen if she got caught.
(b) Of what her mother said.
(c) That he has done this before.
(d) Of Scarlett's situation.
14. How does Halley describe her meetings with Macon toward the end of this chapter?
(a) A constant temptation.
(b) A battle for territory.
(c) A distant disgrace.
(d) A source of ongoing frustration.
15. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
(a) He is not there, though the police released him.
(b) He is outside her door under arrest.
(c) He has been arrested and is in jail.
(d) He died in the car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
2. What was odd about Thanksgiving at Scarlett's house?
3. How long does Macon say he has waited for Halley?
4. In what way does Halley think she and Steve are similar?
5. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)