|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was odd about Thanksgiving at Scarlett's house?
(a) Steve wore a tunic.
(b) They did not celebrate the holiday.
(c) Marion ordered take out.
(d) Scarlett spent the night in her room.
2. Why has Halley been able to avoid a decision about Macon?
(a) Because Scarlett needs her more.
(b) Because of her mother's wishes.
(c) Because he hasn't been around much.
(d) Because she is working a lot.
3. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
(a) Why she had to come back to Buffalo.
(b) Why they must talk more.
(c) Why she forbade her from seeing Macon.
(d) Why she loves her so much.
4. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
(a) Parenting classes.
(b) An adoption seminar.
(c) A therapy session.
(d) A birthing class.
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
(a) Raise children alone.
(b) Disobey their parents.
(c) Have sex without love.
(d) Overcome the worries of other.
6. What happened to Halley's grandmother?
(a) She died.
(b) She had a heart attack.
(c) She fell and was hurt.
(d) She had a stroke.
7. Which of the following emotions best describes how Macon feels on the drive home?
8. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
(a) Because all she does is yell at Halley.
(b) Because she assumes she went back to Macon.
(c) Because she wouldn't let her talk to Macon alone.
(d) Because she never trusts Halley.
9. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
(a) He only wants to have sex with her.
(b) He says whatever he wants to get what he wants.
(c) He does not think before he talks.
(d) He has told those same things to many other girls.
10. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
(a) Yelling for help.
(b) Telling her he'll be right there.
(c) Telling her he loves her.
(d) Holding her hand.
11. What does Scarlett say that she is worried about Halley doing?
(a) Disobeying her mother.
(b) Sleeping with someone who doesn't love her.
(c) Giving up her own personal dreams.
(d) Providing more information than she should.
12. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
(a) That he will continue to pressure her.
(b) That she should definitely not do it.
(c) That it is about her, not him.
(d) That he has had sex before.
13. Halley tells her mother that she will never learn unless her mother lets her do what?
(a) Lets her have her own set of friends.
(b) Gives her space to make mistakes.
(c) Let her do it on her own.
(d) Shows her love and support.
14. Why does Scarlett tell Halley she is sorry?
(a) Because Halley is crying.
(b) Because Macon is not there.
(c) Because she had to tell her mother.
(d) Because she feels responsible.
15. Who does Halley run into at the Christmas tree lot who asks about Macon?
(a) Elizabet Gunderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley feel about going to the prom with Noah Vaughn?
2. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
3. What does Scarlett give Halley when she stops by her house on New Year's Eve?
4. In what way does Halley think she and Steve are similar?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)