|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley hear her father telling her mother as she falls asleep?
(a) To hug her daughter.
(b) To stop crying.
(c) To let Macon alone.
(d) To let it go.
2. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
(a) Why she had to come back to Buffalo.
(b) Why she forbade her from seeing Macon.
(c) Why she loves her so much.
(d) Why they must talk more.
3. How does Halley describe her meetings with Macon toward the end of this chapter?
(a) A constant temptation.
(b) A battle for territory.
(c) A distant disgrace.
(d) A source of ongoing frustration.
4. Why does Scarlett seem so extremely angry with Macon?
(a) Because of her pregnancy hormones.
(b) Because Macon won't leave Halley alone.
(c) Because Halley is so hurt.
(d) Because Macon did not respect Michael.
5. Who does Scarlett write to telling them about the baby?
(a) Michael's parents.
(b) Michael in heaven.
(c) Her grandparents.
(d) Her mother.
6. What is Steve wearing that is odd when Halley sees him going into Marion's house?
(a) Warrior clothes.
(b) Warrior sword.
(c) Warrior boots.
(d) Warrior necklace.
7. Who does Halley defend to Elizabeth?
8. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is on drugs.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is shy.
9. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
(a) How much her mother looks like her.
(b) How very tired she seems.
(c) How she has changed and become irritable.
(d) How pale and small she looks.
10. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
(a) Telling her he loves her.
(b) Telling her he'll be right there.
(c) Yelling for help.
(d) Holding her hand.
11. Who does Halley run into at the Christmas tree lot who asks about Macon?
(b) Elizabet Gunderson.
12. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
(a) Listening to the music too loud.
(b) Yelling at Halley.
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Driving too fast.
13. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
(a) She feels as if nothing she knows to be true is true.
(b) She feels as if everyone is against her.
(c) She feels as if her memories are clouded.
(d) She feels as if her mother is taking everything from her.
14. What does Halley force Scarlett to share with the doctor?
(a) The knowledge that her mother wants her to have an abortion.
(b) The father's name.
(c) That she is scared.
(d) All of her symptoms.
15. Why does Halley's heart feel like it is stopping when Macon is kissing her in the kitchen?
(a) She sees Scarlett coming over to her house.
(b) She sees Scarlett's mother watching them.
(c) She hears her mother's voice.
(d) She hears her father's voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
2. What happened to Halley's grandmother?
3. What is the one thing Scarlett will not read about pregnancy?
4. Which of the following emotions best describes how Macon feels on the drive home?
5. Why doesn't Halley even try to picture Macon?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)