|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
(a) Yelling for help.
(b) Holding her hand.
(c) Telling her he loves her.
(d) Telling her he'll be right there.
2. Why doesn't Halley even try to picture Macon?
(a) Because she says it hurts.
(b) Because he is dead.
(c) Because he abandoned her at the scene.
(d) Because her mother forbade her to.
3. What does Halley come to realize about Macon?
(a) She should have trusted him sooner.
(b) She loves him regardless.
(c) She deserves better.
(d) She needs to close things with him.
4. How does Halley feel about going to the prom with Noah Vaughn?
(a) She is unsure about his motives.
(b) She is angry that her mother took these steps.
(c) She isn't excited about it.
(d) She is very excitied about it.
5. Halley tells her mother that she will never learn unless her mother lets her do what?
(a) Lets her have her own set of friends.
(b) Shows her love and support.
(c) Gives her space to make mistakes.
(d) Let her do it on her own.
6. What does Macon try to do that Halley stops him from doing?
(a) Go to his house with him.
(b) Walk around the block.
(c) Put his hands in her pants.
(d) Go to her bedroom.
7. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
(a) Driving too fast.
(b) Yelling at Halley.
(c) Listening to the music too loud.
(d) Talking on the phone.
8. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
9. What does Scarlett say that she is worried about Halley doing?
(a) Giving up her own personal dreams.
(b) Disobeying her mother.
(c) Sleeping with someone who doesn't love her.
(d) Providing more information than she should.
10. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
(a) That she was married more than once.
(b) That she was not honest with her mother.
(c) That she lied to her about the comet.
(d) That she was in love with an Indian boy.
11. What does Halley see come over Macon's face?
(a) A very angry appearance.
(b) Bright yellow lights.
(c) White headlights.
(d) Police light reflections.
12. What does Halley force Scarlett to share with the doctor?
(a) The knowledge that her mother wants her to have an abortion.
(b) That she is scared.
(c) All of her symptoms.
(d) The father's name.
13. Why does Halley's mother come to see her at work?
(a) To tell her she will pick her up after work.
(b) To tell her she cannot see Macon anymore.
(c) To tell her about her grandmother.
(d) To tell her that Scarlett is not feeling well.
14. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
(a) Disobey their parents.
(b) Overcome the worries of other.
(c) Raise children alone.
(d) Have sex without love.
15. What happened to Halley's grandmother?
(a) She had a stroke.
(b) She fell and was hurt.
(c) She had a heart attack.
(d) She died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scarlett feel about Halley's choice?
2. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
3. Why does Scarlett tell Halley she is sorry?
4. What was odd about Thanksgiving at Scarlett's house?
5. Why does Halley think Marion has given up on her plans for Scarlett to give the baby up for adoption?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)