|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Halley refuses Macon?
(a) He watches TV with her.
(b) He goes to visit Scarlett.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He tells her off.
2. Where does Halley's grandmother live?
3. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is on drugs.
(d) He is shy.
4. Why does Halley say she didn't have sex with Macon?
(a) Elizabet said mean things to her.
(b) It hadn't felt right.
(c) She felt sick to her stomach.
(d) He was too mean.
5. In what way does Halley's mother say that she is like Halley?
(a) She refuses to consider the opinions of others.
(b) She doesn't see people like they are.
(c) She wants to help people no matter what.
(d) She is too trusting of people.
6. What is the one thing Scarlett will not read about pregnancy?
(a) Pamphlets about giving birth.
(b) Pamphlets about fathers.
(c) Pamphlets about adoption.
(d) Pamphlets about exercise.
7. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
(a) She is shocked at how she is handling it.
(b) She is surprised with how she is handling it.
(c) She is proud of the way she is handling it.
(d) She is ashamed of the way she is handling it.
8. Where does Macon take Halley?
(a) To the dam at the lake.
(b) To a party outside of town.
(c) To Michael's grave.
(d) Back to his penthouse apartment.
9. What makes Halley feel scared?
(a) Seeing her mother weep.
(b) Learning she didn't see the comet.
(c) Leaving her grandmother in the home.
(d) Thinking about having sex with Macon.
10. What does Scarlett say that she is worried about Halley doing?
(a) Sleeping with someone who doesn't love her.
(b) Providing more information than she should.
(c) Disobeying her mother.
(d) Giving up her own personal dreams.
11. What does the doctor say when Scarlett asks how much it will hurt to give birth?
(a) That it depends on her level of strength.
(b) That no one can predict that.
(c) That it will be very painful, but worth it.
(d) That it depends on what course she chooses.
12. What is Steve wearing that is odd when Halley sees him going into Marion's house?
(a) Warrior clothes.
(b) Warrior sword.
(c) Warrior boots.
(d) Warrior necklace.
13. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
(a) He died in the car accident.
(b) He is not there, though the police released him.
(c) He has been arrested and is in jail.
(d) He is outside her door under arrest.
14. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
(a) He only wants to have sex with her.
(b) He says whatever he wants to get what he wants.
(c) He does not think before he talks.
(d) He has told those same things to many other girls.
15. How long does Macon say he has waited for Halley?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
2. Who does Halley run into at the Christmas tree lot who asks about Macon?
3. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
4. Where are Scarlett and Halley going in this chapter?
5. Why is Scarlett called into Mr. Averby's office at the market?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)