|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Halley's grandmother live?
2. In what way does Halley's mother say that she is like Halley?
(a) She wants to help people no matter what.
(b) She doesn't see people like they are.
(c) She is too trusting of people.
(d) She refuses to consider the opinions of others.
3. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
(a) An adoption seminar.
(b) Parenting classes.
(c) A birthing class.
(d) A therapy session.
4. What makes Halley feel scared?
(a) Thinking about having sex with Macon.
(b) Seeing her mother weep.
(c) Learning she didn't see the comet.
(d) Leaving her grandmother in the home.
5. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
(a) Because she needed to go home to see Scarlett.
(b) Because she didn't like the party.
(c) Because she got sick.
(d) Because she yelled at Elizabeth.
6. Halley tells her mother that she will never learn unless her mother lets her do what?
(a) Shows her love and support.
(b) Gives her space to make mistakes.
(c) Let her do it on her own.
(d) Lets her have her own set of friends.
7. Why has Halley been able to avoid a decision about Macon?
(a) Because he hasn't been around much.
(b) Because she is working a lot.
(c) Because Scarlett needs her more.
(d) Because of her mother's wishes.
8. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
(a) Yelling at Halley.
(b) Talking on the phone.
(c) Driving too fast.
(d) Listening to the music too loud.
9. What does Halley's mother think Halley did in regard to Macon?
(a) Met with his parents.
(b) Had her father meet with him.
(c) Told him to straighten up.
(d) Broke up with him.
10. Why does Scarlett seem so extremely angry with Macon?
(a) Because Macon won't leave Halley alone.
(b) Because Halley is so hurt.
(c) Because of her pregnancy hormones.
(d) Because Macon did not respect Michael.
11. Why does Scarlett tell Halley she is sorry?
(a) Because she had to tell her mother.
(b) Because Halley is crying.
(c) Because Macon is not there.
(d) Because she feels responsible.
12. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
(a) Yelling for help.
(b) Telling her he loves her.
(c) Telling her he'll be right there.
(d) Holding her hand.
13. What does the doctor say when Scarlett asks how much it will hurt to give birth?
(a) That no one can predict that.
(b) That it depends on what course she chooses.
(c) That it depends on her level of strength.
(d) That it will be very painful, but worth it.
14. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He is on drugs.
15. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
(a) That he will continue to pressure her.
(b) That it is about her, not him.
(c) That he has had sex before.
(d) That she should definitely not do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley describe her meetings with Macon toward the end of this chapter?
2. What happens when Halley refuses Macon?
3. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
4. In what way does Halley think she and Steve are similar?
5. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)