|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
(a) Telling her he'll be right there.
(b) Holding her hand.
(c) Yelling for help.
(d) Telling her he loves her.
2. Which of the following emotions best describes how Macon feels on the drive home?
3. Why does Halley think Marion has given up on her plans for Scarlett to give the baby up for adoption?
(a) She takes Scarlett to the doctor's appointments.
(b) She told Halley's mother she is looking forward to the baby.
(c) She looks at the nursery with a smile.
(d) She stops putting flyers on Scarlett's bed.
4. Halley tells her mother that she will never learn unless her mother lets her do what?
(a) Shows her love and support.
(b) Let her do it on her own.
(c) Gives her space to make mistakes.
(d) Lets her have her own set of friends.
5. What does the doctor say when Scarlett asks how much it will hurt to give birth?
(a) That it depends on what course she chooses.
(b) That it will be very painful, but worth it.
(c) That it depends on her level of strength.
(d) That no one can predict that.
6. Why doesn't Halley even try to picture Macon?
(a) Because she says it hurts.
(b) Because he is dead.
(c) Because he abandoned her at the scene.
(d) Because her mother forbade her to.
7. How does Halley describe her meetings with Macon toward the end of this chapter?
(a) A source of ongoing frustration.
(b) A constant temptation.
(c) A distant disgrace.
(d) A battle for territory.
8. What happens in this chapter that allows Halley to be released from her punishment?
(a) An injury to one of Halley's relatives.
(b) A visit with her grandmother.
(c) A date with Noah.
(d) Scarlett's doctor's appointment.
9. Why does Halley's heart feel like it is stopping when Macon is kissing her in the kitchen?
(a) She hears her mother's voice.
(b) She sees Scarlett's mother watching them.
(c) She sees Scarlett coming over to her house.
(d) She hears her father's voice.
10. How long does Macon say he has waited for Halley?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
11. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
(a) She feels as if her memories are clouded.
(b) She feels as if nothing she knows to be true is true.
(c) She feels as if her mother is taking everything from her.
(d) She feels as if everyone is against her.
12. What does Halley hear her father telling her mother as she falls asleep?
(a) To let it go.
(b) To let Macon alone.
(c) To stop crying.
(d) To hug her daughter.
13. What does Scarlett tell Halley she must consider about having sex with Macon?
(a) That he will be gone afterwards.
(b) That he does not love her.
(c) That he has done this before.
(d) That she could get pregnant.
14. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
(a) He is on drugs.
(b) He is shy.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is angry.
15. What is Steve wearing that is odd when Halley sees him going into Marion's house?
(a) Warrior clothes.
(b) Warrior boots.
(c) Warrior necklace.
(d) Warrior sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett give Halley when she stops by her house on New Year's Eve?
2. Where does Macon take Halley?
3. Why is Scarlett called into Mr. Averby's office at the market?
4. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
5. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)