|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in this chapter that allows Halley to be released from her punishment?
(a) Scarlett's doctor's appointment.
(b) An injury to one of Halley's relatives.
(c) A date with Noah.
(d) A visit with her grandmother.
2. Why does Halley's heart feel like it is stopping when Macon is kissing her in the kitchen?
(a) She sees Scarlett's mother watching them.
(b) She hears her father's voice.
(c) She hears her mother's voice.
(d) She sees Scarlett coming over to her house.
3. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
(a) Yelling at Halley.
(b) Driving too fast.
(c) Listening to the music too loud.
(d) Talking on the phone.
4. In what way does Halley think she and Steve are similar?
(a) She thinks they have both evolved.
(b) She thinks they can both be themselves.
(c) She thinks they both are outsiders.
(d) She thinks they both love Scarlett.
5. Why does Scarlett tell Halley she is sorry?
(a) Because Macon is not there.
(b) Because she feels responsible.
(c) Because she had to tell her mother.
(d) Because Halley is crying.
6. Who does Halley give as her emergency contact number?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
7. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
(d) Too sympathetic.
8. What does Scarlett tell Halley she must consider about having sex with Macon?
(a) That he does not love her.
(b) That she could get pregnant.
(c) That he will be gone afterwards.
(d) That he has done this before.
9. How pregnant is Scarlett in this chapter?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 4 months.
10. Who does Halley defend to Elizabeth?
11. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He is on drugs.
12. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
(a) She feels as if everyone is against her.
(b) She feels as if her memories are clouded.
(c) She feels as if her mother is taking everything from her.
(d) She feels as if nothing she knows to be true is true.
13. In what way does Halley's mother say that she is like Halley?
(a) She wants to help people no matter what.
(b) She doesn't see people like they are.
(c) She refuses to consider the opinions of others.
(d) She is too trusting of people.
14. Where does Halley's grandmother live?
15. How does Halley feel about going to the prom with Noah Vaughn?
(a) She is angry that her mother took these steps.
(b) She isn't excited about it.
(c) She is unsure about his motives.
(d) She is very excitied about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scarlett write to telling them about the baby?
2. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
3. What does Halley's mother think Halley did in regard to Macon?
4. What does Scarlett say that she is worried about Halley doing?
5. What is Steve wearing that is odd when Halley sees him going into Marion's house?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)