|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley's mother think Halley did in regard to Macon?
(a) Told him to straighten up.
(b) Broke up with him.
(c) Met with his parents.
(d) Had her father meet with him.
2. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
(a) That he isn't good for her.
(b) That he is dangerous.
(c) That she needs to go live with her grandmother.
(d) That she wants to get to know him better.
3. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
(a) That she was not honest with her mother.
(b) That she was married more than once.
(c) That she was in love with an Indian boy.
(d) That she lied to her about the comet.
4. What was odd about Thanksgiving at Scarlett's house?
(a) They did not celebrate the holiday.
(b) Scarlett spent the night in her room.
(c) Steve wore a tunic.
(d) Marion ordered take out.
5. Where are Scarlett and Halley going in this chapter?
6. What does Halley think about whenever Macon pushes her toward having sex?
(a) That he has done this before.
(b) Of Scarlett's situation.
(c) Of what her mother said.
(d) Of what would happen if she got caught.
7. Which of the following emotions best describes how Macon feels on the drive home?
8. What does Macon try to do that Halley stops him from doing?
(a) Put his hands in her pants.
(b) Walk around the block.
(c) Go to his house with him.
(d) Go to her bedroom.
9. What does Halley see come over Macon's face?
(a) Police light reflections.
(b) White headlights.
(c) A very angry appearance.
(d) Bright yellow lights.
10. Why does Halley's heart feel like it is stopping when Macon is kissing her in the kitchen?
(a) She sees Scarlett coming over to her house.
(b) She hears her father's voice.
(c) She hears her mother's voice.
(d) She sees Scarlett's mother watching them.
11. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
(a) Have sex without love.
(b) Overcome the worries of other.
(c) Disobey their parents.
(d) Raise children alone.
12. What happens when Halley refuses Macon?
(a) He goes to visit Scarlett.
(b) He tells her off.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He watches TV with her.
13. Who does Halley run into at the Christmas tree lot who asks about Macon?
(c) Elizabet Gunderson.
14. What does Halley come to realize about Macon?
(a) She loves him regardless.
(b) She deserves better.
(c) She needs to close things with him.
(d) She should have trusted him sooner.
15. What is the one thing Scarlett will not read about pregnancy?
(a) Pamphlets about fathers.
(b) Pamphlets about adoption.
(c) Pamphlets about giving birth.
(d) Pamphlets about exercise.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Halley's mother say that she is like Halley?
2. What happens in this chapter that allows Halley to be released from her punishment?
3. Why does Halley's mother come to see her at work?
4. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
5. How does Halley spend the time while her mother is staying with her grandmother?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)