|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
(a) That she wants to get to know him better.
(b) That she needs to go live with her grandmother.
(c) That he isn't good for her.
(d) That he is dangerous.
2. How does Halley feel about going to the prom with Noah Vaughn?
(a) She is unsure about his motives.
(b) She is very excitied about it.
(c) She is angry that her mother took these steps.
(d) She isn't excited about it.
3. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
(a) She is ashamed of the way she is handling it.
(b) She is shocked at how she is handling it.
(c) She is proud of the way she is handling it.
(d) She is surprised with how she is handling it.
4. What does Halley think about whenever Macon pushes her toward having sex?
(a) That he has done this before.
(b) Of what would happen if she got caught.
(c) Of what her mother said.
(d) Of Scarlett's situation.
5. Where are Scarlett and Halley going in this chapter?
6. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
(a) Because she never trusts Halley.
(b) Because she assumes she went back to Macon.
(c) Because she wouldn't let her talk to Macon alone.
(d) Because all she does is yell at Halley.
7. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
(a) He died in the car accident.
(b) He is not there, though the police released him.
(c) He is outside her door under arrest.
(d) He has been arrested and is in jail.
8. What was odd about Thanksgiving at Scarlett's house?
(a) Marion ordered take out.
(b) Scarlett spent the night in her room.
(c) They did not celebrate the holiday.
(d) Steve wore a tunic.
9. What does Scarlett give Halley when she stops by her house on New Year's Eve?
(b) A pregnancy book.
(c) A pep talk.
(d) A speech.
10. What does Halley come to realize about Macon?
(a) She should have trusted him sooner.
(b) She loves him regardless.
(c) She needs to close things with him.
(d) She deserves better.
11. Where does Halley's grandmother live?
12. Why does Halley's heart feel like it is stopping when Macon is kissing her in the kitchen?
(a) She hears her mother's voice.
(b) She hears her father's voice.
(c) She sees Scarlett coming over to her house.
(d) She sees Scarlett's mother watching them.
13. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
(a) That she was not honest with her mother.
(b) That she was married more than once.
(c) That she lied to her about the comet.
(d) That she was in love with an Indian boy.
14. Who does Halley run into at the Christmas tree lot who asks about Macon?
(a) Elizabet Gunderson.
15. How does Halley spend the time while her mother is staying with her grandmother?
(a) At hom under her continued punishment.
(b) Helping Scarlett get ready for the baby.
(c) Skipping school with Macon.
(d) Hanging out with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Scarlett will not read about pregnancy?
2. How does Scarlett feel about Halley's choice?
3. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
4. What does Scarlett say that she is worried about Halley doing?
5. What does the doctor say when Scarlett asks how much it will hurt to give birth?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)