|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
(a) A therapy session.
(b) Parenting classes.
(c) An adoption seminar.
(d) A birthing class.
2. Where does Macon take Halley?
(a) To the dam at the lake.
(b) To Michael's grave.
(c) Back to his penthouse apartment.
(d) To a party outside of town.
3. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
(a) Telling her he loves her.
(b) Yelling for help.
(c) Telling her he'll be right there.
(d) Holding her hand.
4. How does Halley feel about going to the prom with Noah Vaughn?
(a) She is very excitied about it.
(b) She is unsure about his motives.
(c) She is angry that her mother took these steps.
(d) She isn't excited about it.
5. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
6. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
(a) That it is about her, not him.
(b) That he will continue to pressure her.
(c) That he has had sex before.
(d) That she should definitely not do it.
7. What does Halley come to realize about Macon?
(a) She loves him regardless.
(b) She deserves better.
(c) She should have trusted him sooner.
(d) She needs to close things with him.
8. What does Scarlett give Halley when she stops by her house on New Year's Eve?
(b) A speech.
(c) A pregnancy book.
(d) A pep talk.
9. Why is Scarlett called into Mr. Averby's office at the market?
(a) He fires her.
(b) He wants to reduce her work hours.
(c) He wants to give her benefits.
(d) He wants her to quit.
10. Where does Halley's grandmother live?
11. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
(a) She is ashamed of the way she is handling it.
(b) She is surprised with how she is handling it.
(c) She is shocked at how she is handling it.
(d) She is proud of the way she is handling it.
12. How pregnant is Scarlett in this chapter?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 7 months.
(d) 4 months.
13. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
(a) Because she wouldn't let her talk to Macon alone.
(b) Because all she does is yell at Halley.
(c) Because she assumes she went back to Macon.
(d) Because she never trusts Halley.
14. What does Halley's mother think Halley did in regard to Macon?
(a) Met with his parents.
(b) Broke up with him.
(c) Had her father meet with him.
(d) Told him to straighten up.
15. Why does Scarlett seem so extremely angry with Macon?
(a) Because Macon won't leave Halley alone.
(b) Because Halley is so hurt.
(c) Because Macon did not respect Michael.
(d) Because of her pregnancy hormones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
2. How long does Macon say he has waited for Halley?
3. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
4. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
5. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)