|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Halley tells her mother that she will never learn unless her mother lets her do what?
(a) Let her do it on her own.
(b) Lets her have her own set of friends.
(c) Shows her love and support.
(d) Gives her space to make mistakes.
2. In what way does Halley's mother say that she is like Halley?
(a) She is too trusting of people.
(b) She wants to help people no matter what.
(c) She refuses to consider the opinions of others.
(d) She doesn't see people like they are.
3. Why does Scarlett tell Halley she is sorry?
(a) Because she had to tell her mother.
(b) Because Macon is not there.
(c) Because she feels responsible.
(d) Because Halley is crying.
4. Who does Scarlett write to telling them about the baby?
(a) Michael in heaven.
(b) Michael's parents.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandparents.
5. How pregnant is Scarlett in this chapter?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 7 months.
(d) 8 months.
6. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
(a) He does not think before he talks.
(b) He only wants to have sex with her.
(c) He has told those same things to many other girls.
(d) He says whatever he wants to get what he wants.
7. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
(a) She has let Halley make her own mistakes.
(b) She is being more supportive.
(c) She has shown her unconditional love to Halley.
(d) She is trying to not dominate Halley.
8. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
(a) Why she loves her so much.
(b) Why she forbade her from seeing Macon.
(c) Why she had to come back to Buffalo.
(d) Why they must talk more.
9. What does Halley's mother think Halley did in regard to Macon?
(a) Broke up with him.
(b) Had her father meet with him.
(c) Told him to straighten up.
(d) Met with his parents.
10. How does Scarlett feel about Halley's choice?
(a) She thinks it is up to Halley to decide.
(b) She thinks it will be the end of her.
(c) She does not think it is the right choice.
(d) She thinks she is making a good choice.
11. What does the doctor say when Scarlett asks how much it will hurt to give birth?
(a) That no one can predict that.
(b) That it will be very painful, but worth it.
(c) That it depends on her level of strength.
(d) That it depends on what course she chooses.
12. What does Halley think about whenever Macon pushes her toward having sex?
(a) Of what her mother said.
(b) Of what would happen if she got caught.
(c) Of Scarlett's situation.
(d) That he has done this before.
13. Why does Halley say she didn't have sex with Macon?
(a) Elizabet said mean things to her.
(b) It hadn't felt right.
(c) She felt sick to her stomach.
(d) He was too mean.
14. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
(a) She is proud of the way she is handling it.
(b) She is ashamed of the way she is handling it.
(c) She is surprised with how she is handling it.
(d) She is shocked at how she is handling it.
15. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
(a) Telling her he loves her.
(b) Yelling for help.
(c) Holding her hand.
(d) Telling her he'll be right there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
2. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
3. What happens when Halley refuses Macon?
4. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)