|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
(a) That she will do whatever she wants.
(b) That she doesn't care what she thinks.
(c) That she should just be happy she isn't pregnant.
(d) That she is not anything like her mother.
2. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
(a) She is being more supportive.
(b) She is trying to not dominate Halley.
(c) She has shown her unconditional love to Halley.
(d) She has let Halley make her own mistakes.
3. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
(a) A birthing class.
(b) A therapy session.
(c) Parenting classes.
(d) An adoption seminar.
4. What does Halley realize about all of the things Macon has said to her?
(a) He does not think before he talks.
(b) He says whatever he wants to get what he wants.
(c) He has told those same things to many other girls.
(d) He only wants to have sex with her.
5. Who does Halley defend to Elizabeth?
6. What does Scarlett tell Halley she must consider about having sex with Macon?
(a) That she could get pregnant.
(b) That he will be gone afterwards.
(c) That he does not love her.
(d) That he has done this before.
7. Where does Macon take Halley?
(a) To a party outside of town.
(b) Back to his penthouse apartment.
(c) To Michael's grave.
(d) To the dam at the lake.
8. Why does Halley say she didn't have sex with Macon?
(a) Elizabet said mean things to her.
(b) He was too mean.
(c) She felt sick to her stomach.
(d) It hadn't felt right.
9. Where are Scarlett and Halley going in this chapter?
10. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
(a) Too sympathetic.
11. What is Scarlett doing when Halley goes over to say goodbye?
(a) Sitting on the couch eating.
(b) Making her mother breakfast.
(c) Reading her pregnancy books and listening to the radio.
(d) Trying to get rid of a bad smell no one else can smell.
12. How does Halley feel about going to the prom with Noah Vaughn?
(a) She is unsure about his motives.
(b) She is angry that her mother took these steps.
(c) She isn't excited about it.
(d) She is very excitied about it.
13. How pregnant is Scarlett in this chapter?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 7 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 5 months.
14. What does the doctor say when Scarlett asks how much it will hurt to give birth?
(a) That it will be very painful, but worth it.
(b) That it depends on her level of strength.
(c) That it depends on what course she chooses.
(d) That no one can predict that.
15. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
(a) That he has had sex before.
(b) That she should definitely not do it.
(c) That he will continue to pressure her.
(d) That it is about her, not him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley think about whenever Macon pushes her toward having sex?
2. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
3. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
4. What makes Halley feel scared?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)