|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
(a) She is trying to not dominate Halley.
(b) She has let Halley make her own mistakes.
(c) She has shown her unconditional love to Halley.
(d) She is being more supportive.
2. What does Halley come to realize about Macon?
(a) She should have trusted him sooner.
(b) She deserves better.
(c) She needs to close things with him.
(d) She loves him regardless.
3. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
(a) She feels as if her mother is taking everything from her.
(b) She feels as if her memories are clouded.
(c) She feels as if everyone is against her.
(d) She feels as if nothing she knows to be true is true.
4. What is the one thing Scarlett will not read about pregnancy?
(a) Pamphlets about adoption.
(b) Pamphlets about fathers.
(c) Pamphlets about exercise.
(d) Pamphlets about giving birth.
5. Who does Halley defend to Elizabeth?
6. What does Scarlett tell Halley she must consider about having sex with Macon?
(a) That he does not love her.
(b) That she could get pregnant.
(c) That he will be gone afterwards.
(d) That he has done this before.
7. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
(a) That she should just be happy she isn't pregnant.
(b) That she is not anything like her mother.
(c) That she will do whatever she wants.
(d) That she doesn't care what she thinks.
8. What does Halley hear her father telling her mother as she falls asleep?
(a) To stop crying.
(b) To hug her daughter.
(c) To let it go.
(d) To let Macon alone.
9. Where does Macon take Halley?
(a) Back to his penthouse apartment.
(b) To a party outside of town.
(c) To the dam at the lake.
(d) To Michael's grave.
10. Who does Halley run into at the Christmas tree lot who asks about Macon?
(b) Elizabet Gunderson.
11. Why does Halley tell her mother that she never gives her a chance?
(a) Because she wouldn't let her talk to Macon alone.
(b) Because all she does is yell at Halley.
(c) Because she never trusts Halley.
(d) Because she assumes she went back to Macon.
12. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
(a) Raise children alone.
(b) Disobey their parents.
(c) Have sex without love.
(d) Overcome the worries of other.
13. How does Halley spend the time while her mother is staying with her grandmother?
(a) Hanging out with her father.
(b) Skipping school with Macon.
(c) Helping Scarlett get ready for the baby.
(d) At hom under her continued punishment.
14. Why does Scarlett seem so extremely angry with Macon?
(a) Because Macon won't leave Halley alone.
(b) Because of her pregnancy hormones.
(c) Because Macon did not respect Michael.
(d) Because Halley is so hurt.
15. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
(a) Parenting classes.
(b) A birthing class.
(c) An adoption seminar.
(d) A therapy session.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley force Scarlett to share with the doctor?
2. Where are Scarlett and Halley going in this chapter?
3. What makes Halley feel scared?
4. What does the doctor say when Scarlett asks how much it will hurt to give birth?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)