|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing Scarlett will not read about pregnancy?
(a) Pamphlets about fathers.
(b) Pamphlets about exercise.
(c) Pamphlets about giving birth.
(d) Pamphlets about adoption.
2. What does Halley force Scarlett to share with the doctor?
(a) That she is scared.
(b) The father's name.
(c) All of her symptoms.
(d) The knowledge that her mother wants her to have an abortion.
3. In what way does Halley's mother say that she is like Halley?
(a) She is too trusting of people.
(b) She wants to help people no matter what.
(c) She refuses to consider the opinions of others.
(d) She doesn't see people like they are.
4. What is Scarlett doing when Halley goes over to say goodbye?
(a) Reading her pregnancy books and listening to the radio.
(b) Trying to get rid of a bad smell no one else can smell.
(c) Sitting on the couch eating.
(d) Making her mother breakfast.
5. What does Halley come to realize about Macon?
(a) She needs to close things with him.
(b) She should have trusted him sooner.
(c) She loves him regardless.
(d) She deserves better.
6. Why does Halley think Marion has given up on her plans for Scarlett to give the baby up for adoption?
(a) She told Halley's mother she is looking forward to the baby.
(b) She looks at the nursery with a smile.
(c) She takes Scarlett to the doctor's appointments.
(d) She stops putting flyers on Scarlett's bed.
7. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
(a) Telling her he'll be right there.
(b) Telling her he loves her.
(c) Yelling for help.
(d) Holding her hand.
8. What does Scarlett tell Halley she must consider about having sex with Macon?
(a) That he will be gone afterwards.
(b) That he has done this before.
(c) That he does not love her.
(d) That she could get pregnant.
9. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
(a) He is not there, though the police released him.
(b) He died in the car accident.
(c) He is outside her door under arrest.
(d) He has been arrested and is in jail.
10. What does the doctor say when Scarlett asks how much it will hurt to give birth?
(a) That it depends on what course she chooses.
(b) That it will be very painful, but worth it.
(c) That no one can predict that.
(d) That it depends on her level of strength.
11. Where are Scarlett and Halley going in this chapter?
12. Which of the following emotions best describes how Macon feels on the drive home?
13. What makes Halley feel scared?
(a) Thinking about having sex with Macon.
(b) Learning she didn't see the comet.
(c) Seeing her mother weep.
(d) Leaving her grandmother in the home.
14. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
(a) How much her mother looks like her.
(b) How pale and small she looks.
(c) How very tired she seems.
(d) How she has changed and become irritable.
15. What happens in this chapter that allows Halley to be released from her punishment?
(a) An injury to one of Halley's relatives.
(b) A visit with her grandmother.
(c) A date with Noah.
(d) Scarlett's doctor's appointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Halley run into at the Christmas tree lot who asks about Macon?
2. What does Halley hear right before she becomes unconscious?
3. Halley tells her mother that she will never learn unless her mother lets her do what?
4. Where does Macon take Halley?
5. Why does Scarlett seem so extremely angry with Macon?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)