|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was odd about Thanksgiving at Scarlett's house?
(a) They did not celebrate the holiday.
(b) Steve wore a tunic.
(c) Scarlett spent the night in her room.
(d) Marion ordered take out.
2. Why does Halley think Marion has given up on her plans for Scarlett to give the baby up for adoption?
(a) She looks at the nursery with a smile.
(b) She takes Scarlett to the doctor's appointments.
(c) She told Halley's mother she is looking forward to the baby.
(d) She stops putting flyers on Scarlett's bed.
3. Why doesn't Halley even try to picture Macon?
(a) Because he abandoned her at the scene.
(b) Because he is dead.
(c) Because her mother forbade her to.
(d) Because she says it hurts.
4. Why does Scarlett tell Halley she is sorry?
(a) Because Halley is crying.
(b) Because Macon is not there.
(c) Because she feels responsible.
(d) Because she had to tell her mother.
5. What is wrong with Noah when he picked Halley up?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is on drugs.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He is angry.
6. How long does Macon say he has waited for Halley?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
7. What does Macon try to do that Halley stops him from doing?
(a) Walk around the block.
(b) Put his hands in her pants.
(c) Go to her bedroom.
(d) Go to his house with him.
8. What does Halley see come over Macon's face?
(a) White headlights.
(b) Bright yellow lights.
(c) A very angry appearance.
(d) Police light reflections.
9. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Driving too fast.
(c) Listening to the music too loud.
(d) Yelling at Halley.
10. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
(a) That she will do whatever she wants.
(b) That she should just be happy she isn't pregnant.
(c) That she doesn't care what she thinks.
(d) That she is not anything like her mother.
11. How does Scarlett feel about Halley's choice?
(a) She thinks it is up to Halley to decide.
(b) She does not think it is the right choice.
(c) She thinks it will be the end of her.
(d) She thinks she is making a good choice.
12. Why does Halley say she didn't have sex with Macon?
(a) She felt sick to her stomach.
(b) He was too mean.
(c) Elizabet said mean things to her.
(d) It hadn't felt right.
13. What does Scarlett tell Halley about having sex with Macon?
(a) That he will continue to pressure her.
(b) That he has had sex before.
(c) That it is about her, not him.
(d) That she should definitely not do it.
14. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
(a) She feels as if everyone is against her.
(b) She feels as if her memories are clouded.
(c) She feels as if her mother is taking everything from her.
(d) She feels as if nothing she knows to be true is true.
15. What does Halley hear her father telling her mother as she falls asleep?
(a) To let Macon alone.
(b) To let it go.
(c) To hug her daughter.
(d) To stop crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett give Halley when she stops by her house on New Year's Eve?
2. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
3. Who does Halley run into at the Christmas tree lot who asks about Macon?
4. How does Halley feel about going to the prom with Noah Vaughn?
5. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)