|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What class does Macon notice on Halley's schedule that he makes fun of her for having?
(b) Remedial math.
2. Why does Halley forgive Scarlett for the amount of time she spends with Michael and not with her?
(a) Because her mother doesn't want her to spend time with Scarlett.
(b) Because Scarlett seems so happy.
(c) Because Halley has other things to occupy her as well.
(d) Because Michael is so nice to Scarlett.
3. How does Halley startle Macon?
(a) She sneaks up behind him.
(b) She calls his name quietly.
(c) She opens the window quickly.
(d) She climbs down the tree beside him.
4. What does Halley's mother want her to do that Halley avoids?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) Listening to her father's radio show.
(c) Watching movies with the Vaughns.
(d) Baking cookies and talking together.
5. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
(a) Because the two families are friends.
(b) She does not like the new Halley.
(c) She thinks Noah is good for Halley.
(d) She liked Noah more than she likes Halley's new boyfriend.
6. Which of the following characters died in a motorcycle accident?
7. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the ladies room at work?
(a) That her mother is asking questions.
(b) Not to trust Macon.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is leaving home.
8. How does Halley feel knowing that Macon likes her?
9. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
(a) Clothes that are Michael's.
(b) A suitcase packed with her clothes.
(c) A boy in her bed.
10. Who does Scarlett think is weird, but Halley doesn't think is that bad?
11. What does Halley feel herself letting go of?
(a) Her naive nature.
(b) The girl from the Grand Canyon.
(c) Her relationship with her family.
(d) Her feelings for Noah.
12. What does Halley's dad do to embarrass her in front of Macon?
(a) He yells at Macon and tells him to leave.
(b) He reminds her she should already be in bed.
(c) He calls her by an embarrassing nickname.
(d) He reminds her she has to mow the lawn the next day.
13. What is Halley jealous about in regards to Scarlett?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her red hair.
(c) Her relationship with Michael.
(d) Her life style.
14. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
(a) That her father is telling embarrassing stories about her on the radio.
(b) To be careful with Macon.
(c) To stay away from her mother.
(d) To watch out for Ginny.
15. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
(a) No other adults will be there.
(b) Funerals freak her out.
(c) She cannot get off of work.
(d) She did not approve of their relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Halley find Scarlett?
2. What does Halley reflect on when Macon heads toward the parking lot full of long-haired guys?
3. How long does Halley stay at Scarlett's house?
4. What does Halley's mother ask Halley when she comes back to her room?
5. What new information about herself did Marion reveal to Scarlett during the fight?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)