|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Halley forgive Scarlett for the amount of time she spends with Michael and not with her?
(a) Because Halley has other things to occupy her as well.
(b) Because Scarlett seems so happy.
(c) Because her mother doesn't want her to spend time with Scarlett.
(d) Because Michael is so nice to Scarlett.
2. Why does Marion tell Scarlett that she doesn't like Steve?
(a) Because she never gives any of her boyfriend's a chance.
(b) Because she is still upset that Michael died.
(c) Because she thinks his job is dull.
(d) Because he dresses up in costumes.
3. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Halley according to Scarlett?
4. What comment does Halley's mother make about Macon's driving?
(a) It is a wonder he still has a license.
(b) He wastes a lot of gas.
(c) He could kill someone driving that way.
(d) He should be home long before he is.
5. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
(a) A boy in her bed.
(b) Clothes that are Michael's.
(d) A suitcase packed with her clothes.
6. What is Halley jealous about in regards to Scarlett?
(a) Her red hair.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her relationship with Michael.
(d) Her life style.
7. What does Macon do to Halley that makes her feel so happy that she wants to die?
(a) He kisses her on the cheek.
(b) He puts his arm around her shoulder.
(c) He makes her skip school.
(d) He whispers things in her ear.
8. What exception to Halley's punishment does her mother allow?
(a) Her to go out with her ex-boyfriend Noah.
(b) Her to go with Scarlett to the clinic.
(c) Her to visit with Scarlett.
(d) Her to attend her family birthday party.
9. Why does Halley think she escapes the brunt of her mother's anger?
(a) Because she stayed in her room the whole time.
(b) Because she isn't pregnant like Scarlett.
(c) Because her father intervened.
(d) Because her mother is tired of fighting.
10. What seems to be the problem with mowing Halley's family's lawn?
(a) A broken lawnmower.
(b) No riding lawnmower.
(c) It is on a steep hill.
(d) Hidden tree stumps.
11. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
(a) That her father is telling embarrassing stories about her on the radio.
(b) To be careful with Macon.
(c) To stay away from her mother.
(d) To watch out for Ginny.
12. Why didn't Halley and Scarlett know Michael for most of high school?
(a) He didn't hang around the popular crowd.
(b) He was sick often and missed a lot of school.
(c) He went to a private high school.
(d) He was always in different classes.
13. What does Halley find out that Macon had stolen a copy of?
(a) A copy of Halley's favorite book.
(b) A picture of Michael and Scarlett.
(c) A pregnancy book like Scarlett's.
(d) The picture of Halley at the Grand Canyon.
14. What does Halley's mother want her to do that Halley avoids?
(a) Listening to her father's radio show.
(b) Baking cookies and talking together.
(c) Watching movies with the Vaughns.
(d) Mowing the lawn.
15. How long after he tells Scarlett that he loves her does Michael die?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Halley check for that turned out to be wrong?
2. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
3. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the soda machines?
4. What do people call Halley that she doesn't mind, but they might think she minds it?
5. Why does Halley say that she will never have to be on her own?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)