|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ginny cry at her own party?
(a) Because the girls made fun of her at her own party.
(b) Because her parents came home and made everyone leave.
(c) Because the boy she wanted to come refused.
(d) Because something was broken and there is a wine stain on the carpet.
2. What does Halley's mother want her to do that Halley avoids?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) Baking cookies and talking together.
(c) Listening to her father's radio show.
(d) Watching movies with the Vaughns.
3. What is the purpose of the camp that Halley is attending?
(a) To build up self-esteem
(b) To teach her survival skills.
(c) To help build friendships.
(d) To provide therapy.
4. Who told Halley's mother that Macon is Halley's boyfriend?
5. Why does Halley believe Scarlett gets a sad expression when she talks to her about Macon?
(a) Because she is jealous.
(b) Because it reminds her of Michael.
(c) Because she has a crush on Michael.
(d) Because she doesn't have anyone to like.
6. What is Scarlett doing to Halley that she has never done before?
(a) Ignoring her.
(b) Warning her about Macon.
(c) Sniping at her.
(d) Acting bossy toward her.
7. Where does Halley's mother go when she leaves the house?
(a) To Scarlett's house.
(b) To talk with Halley's father.
(c) To the Vaughn's house.
(d) To go and look for Macon.
8. How are Halley's feelings described as Macon pulls her close and kisses her when the dam is opening?
(a) Terrified and exhilarated.
(b) Relieved and surprised.
(c) Surprised and safe.
(d) Unsure and terrified.
9. Where did Cameron transfer from?
10. What does Macon do to make Halley and Scarlett laugh?
(a) Tells them one of Ginny's secrets.
(b) Makes fun of Ginny.
(c) Tells Scarlett she needs to eat more healthy foods.
(d) Takes them to the dam on a wild ride.
11. What type of store do Halley and Scarlett work at?
12. What change has occurred in Halley's mother?
(a) She is trying to get more involved with Halley's relationship with Macon.
(b) She is now distracted and worried.
(c) She is less invovled.
(d) She is more involved with Scarlett's pregnancy.
13. How does Halley's mother feel about her choice to keep the child?
(a) She thinks Halley will have to support her.
(b) She thinks that Scarlett has not thought things through.
(c) She respects her choice.
(d) She thinks it is a mistake.
14. What comment does Halley's mother make about Macon's driving?
(a) He should be home long before he is.
(b) It is a wonder he still has a license.
(c) He could kill someone driving that way.
(d) He wastes a lot of gas.
15. What does Halley think of when she thinks of Michael?
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning is Halley given about Macon?
2. How does Scarlett react to Halley's revelation about Scarlett never having been on her own?
3. How long after he tells Scarlett that he loves her does Michael die?
4. What is Halley jealous about in regards to Scarlett?
5. Which of the following is not one of the ways Halley is evolving?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)