|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Halley's mother tell her to come straight home from school?
(a) To talk about the lies she has been telling.
(b) To talk about a plan for her birthday.
(c) To talk about Scarlett's abortion.
(d) To talk about this relationship with Macon.
2. What do people call Halley that she doesn't mind, but they might think she minds it?
(a) The smart girl.
(b) Scarlett's wannabe.
(c) Scarlett's friend, Halley.
(d) The worst friend.
3. Where does Macon live?
(a) In a house similar to Scarlett's.
(b) In a foster home.
(c) In the penthouse suite in an apartment.
(d) In a trailer with his mother.
4. What is the purpose of the camp that Halley is attending?
(a) To teach her survival skills.
(b) To build up self-esteem
(c) To provide therapy.
(d) To help build friendships.
5. How old are Scarlett and Halley when they first meet?
6. What happens when Halley goes to tell Scarlett about what she's been warned about in regards to Macon?
(a) Scarlett ignores Halley and walks away from hr.
(b) Scarlett yells at Halley.
(c) Scarlett tells her she already warned her.
(d) Scarlett runs out of the room.
7. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
(a) Scarlett comforting her mother.
(b) Scarlett helping her mother with dinner preparations.
(c) Scarlett crying on her mother's shoulder.
(d) Scarlett's mother worrying about Scarlett.
8. Which of the following characters died in a motorcycle accident?
9. Why does Scarlett says that having the baby is hard?
(a) Because Michael isn't there.
(b) Because Halley is distracted with Macon.
(c) Because she is too young.
(d) Because she can't tell anyone else.
10. How many times does Scarlett tell Halley she and Michael had sex?
11. What happens in regards to Scarlett after lunch?
(a) No one will talk to her.
(b) Scarlett skips the rest of her classes.
(c) She is called to the office.
(d) Everyone stares at her stomach.
12. What does Halley do as she rushes home for her curfew?
(a) Runs through Scarlett's kitchen.
(b) Climbs a tree and sneaks in through her window.
(c) Walks slowly thinking up an excuse.
(d) Stops to kiss Macon through the window.
13. What promise did Ginny break?
(a) Not to tell anyone that Halley was dating Macon.
(b) Telling everyone to stay out of the bathroom.
(c) Leaving Halley and Scarlett alone.
(d) Not to tell anyone about Scarlett's baby.
14. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
(a) Her mother had passed out drunk on the sidewalk.
(b) Her mother had a boyfriend over and she was embarrassed.
(c) Her mother had beaten her up.
(d) Her mother had locked her out of the house.
15. Which character in the story gets sick in this chapter?
(a) Halley's mother.
(b) Halley's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
2. Where does Halley find Scarlett?
3. What month is it when Macon finally asks out Halley?
4. What does Halley do to comfort Scarlett?
5. How does Scarlett react to Halley's revelation about Scarlett never having been on her own?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)