|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley do to comfort Scarlett?
(a) Pulls her into a hug.
(b) Lets her cry on her shoulder.
(c) Tells her everything will be okay.
(d) Listens to her talk.
2. How long is Halley's punishment to go on?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
3. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
(a) Skipping school.
(b) Not telling her about Scarlett's baby.
(c) Refusing to tell her about Macon.
(d) Lying to her.
4. Why does Marion tell Scarlett that she doesn't like Steve?
(a) Because he dresses up in costumes.
(b) Because she thinks his job is dull.
(c) Because she never gives any of her boyfriend's a chance.
(d) Because she is still upset that Michael died.
5. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
(a) To watch out for Ginny.
(b) To be careful with Macon.
(c) To stay away from her mother.
(d) That her father is telling embarrassing stories about her on the radio.
6. How old are Scarlett and Halley when they first meet?
7. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the soda machines?
(a) That she is feeling sick.
(b) To stay away from Macon.
(c) That her schedule is ridiculous.
(d) That she can't stay at school.
8. What happens as Halley is getting ready for bed that night?
(a) She gets a phone call from Scarlett.
(b) She notices Scarlett walking down the street.
(c) Macon is throwing stones at her window.
(d) She sees a car blink its lights outside her window.
9. What does Halley's dad do to embarrass her in front of Macon?
(a) He calls her by an embarrassing nickname.
(b) He yells at Macon and tells him to leave.
(c) He reminds her she should already be in bed.
(d) He reminds her she has to mow the lawn the next day.
10. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
(a) No other adults will be there.
(b) Funerals freak her out.
(c) She did not approve of their relationship.
(d) She cannot get off of work.
11. How does Halley startle Macon?
(a) She climbs down the tree beside him.
(b) She sneaks up behind him.
(c) She opens the window quickly.
(d) She calls his name quietly.
12. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
(a) She liked Noah more than she likes Halley's new boyfriend.
(b) She does not like the new Halley.
(c) Because the two families are friends.
(d) She thinks Noah is good for Halley.
13. What is Halley jealous about in regards to Scarlett?
(a) Her red hair.
(b) Her life style.
(c) Her relationship with Michael.
(d) Her mother.
14. Why does Scarlett feel sorry for Elizabeth?
(a) Because Ginny was being mean to her.
(b) Because Michael really loved her.
(c) Because she looks so horrible.
(d) Because she had no friends.
15. What does Halley's mother want her to do that Halley avoids?
(a) Listening to her father's radio show.
(b) Baking cookies and talking together.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
(d) Watching movies with the Vaughns.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Halley is shy and quiet, Scarlett is known as being more what?
2. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
3. Who does Scarlett think is weird, but Halley doesn't think is that bad?
4. What is Scarlett doing to Halley that she has never done before?
5. What does Halley first see when the lights and noise start?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)