|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Halley's mother that Macon is Halley's boyfriend?
2. What did Halley check for that turned out to be wrong?
(a) Halley checked for Macon.
(b) Halley checked for Scarlett's book.
(c) Halley checked for anyone else in the bathroom.
(d) Halley checked for Marion.
3. What does Halley do to comfort Scarlett?
(a) Lets her cry on her shoulder.
(b) Tells her everything will be okay.
(c) Listens to her talk.
(d) Pulls her into a hug.
4. About how long did it take for the school to move onto another scandal?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) Two days.
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the soda machines?
(a) To stay away from Macon.
(b) That she can't stay at school.
(c) That her schedule is ridiculous.
(d) That she is feeling sick.
6. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
(a) No other adults will be there.
(b) She cannot get off of work.
(c) She did not approve of their relationship.
(d) Funerals freak her out.
7. Where does Macon live?
(a) In a house similar to Scarlett's.
(b) In a foster home.
(c) In the penthouse suite in an apartment.
(d) In a trailer with his mother.
8. In what month does Michael tell Scarlett that he loves her?
9. What does Halley do as she rushes home for her curfew?
(a) Climbs a tree and sneaks in through her window.
(b) Walks slowly thinking up an excuse.
(c) Runs through Scarlett's kitchen.
(d) Stops to kiss Macon through the window.
10. How does Halley feel knowing that Macon likes her?
11. What warning is Halley given about Macon?
(a) That he doesn't care about her.
(b) That he is seeing other girls.
(c) That he is into some very dangerous things.
(d) That he can treat girls badly.
12. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
(a) A reminder of better times.
(b) An embarassment.
(c) A relic of the past.
(d) A fulfullment of her dreams.
13. What seems to override Halley's dad's reprimand for having someone else do her chores for her?
(a) His need to complete his own chores.
(b) His desire to write down information for his show.
(c) Macon's ability to distract him with questions.
(d) His interest in Macon's large lawnmower.
14. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the ladies room at work?
(a) Not to trust Macon.
(b) That she is leaving home.
(c) That her mother is asking questions.
(d) That she is pregnant.
15. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
(a) That her father is telling embarrassing stories about her on the radio.
(b) To stay away from her mother.
(c) To watch out for Ginny.
(d) To be careful with Macon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley feel after she hears Scarlett's news?
2. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Halley according to Scarlett?
3. How does Halley's mother feel about her choice to keep the child?
4. How does Halley startle Macon?
5. Where is Halley when Macon visits her on her birthday?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)