|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarlett call her on the phone at school?
(a) To take her to the doctors office.
(b) To take her to visit Michael's grave.
(c) To come pick her up at the clinic.
(d) To come help her with her mother.
2. When is the only time that Scarlett and Michael expose themselves?
(a) At the lake with Halley.
(b) In the lunch room at school.
(c) At the grocery store.
(d) During P.E. class.
3. What does Macon reveal to Halley about where they are?
(a) That he has never brought anyone else to this place.
(b) That he and Michael used to come here often.
(c) That this is his favorite place on earth.
(d) That she can't tell anyone else about where they are.
4. How does Halley startle Macon?
(a) She calls his name quietly.
(b) She climbs down the tree beside him.
(c) She opens the window quickly.
(d) She sneaks up behind him.
5. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
(a) No other adults will be there.
(b) She did not approve of their relationship.
(c) She cannot get off of work.
(d) Funerals freak her out.
6. Where did Cameron transfer from?
7. What does Halley tell Macon when he visits her on her birthday?
(a) That Scarlett is pregnant.
(b) That her parents want to talk to his parents.
(c) That she got busted and is grounded.
(d) That she can't wait to see him later.
8. Why is there an uneasy silence at Halley's home when she gets there?
(a) Her mother does not like Macon.
(b) Her mother is upset that she didn't come right home after school.
(c) Her mother knows Scarlett is pregnant.
(d) Her mother saw her skipping school.
9. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the ladies room at work?
(a) That her mother is asking questions.
(b) Not to trust Macon.
(c) That she is leaving home.
(d) That she is pregnant.
10. What comment does Halley's mother make about Macon's driving?
(a) He should be home long before he is.
(b) He could kill someone driving that way.
(c) It is a wonder he still has a license.
(d) He wastes a lot of gas.
11. Which character in the story gets sick in this chapter?
(c) Halley's mother.
(d) Halley's grandmother.
12. How does Halley's mother feel about her choice to keep the child?
(a) She thinks that Scarlett has not thought things through.
(b) She respects her choice.
(c) She thinks Halley will have to support her.
(d) She thinks it is a mistake.
13. What does Macon do to make Halley and Scarlett laugh?
(a) Tells them one of Ginny's secrets.
(b) Makes fun of Ginny.
(c) Takes them to the dam on a wild ride.
(d) Tells Scarlett she needs to eat more healthy foods.
14. Why does Halley forgive Scarlett for the amount of time she spends with Michael and not with her?
(a) Because her mother doesn't want her to spend time with Scarlett.
(b) Because Halley has other things to occupy her as well.
(c) Because Scarlett seems so happy.
(d) Because Michael is so nice to Scarlett.
15. How long after he tells Scarlett that he loves her does Michael die?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarlett doing to Halley that she has never done before?
2. How long is Halley's punishment to go on?
3. What word does Halley think she hears during the argument between Scarlett and her mother?
4. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
5. Who does Scarlett think is weird, but Halley doesn't think is that bad?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)