|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Macon live?
(a) In a trailer with his mother.
(b) In a foster home.
(c) In a house similar to Scarlett's.
(d) In the penthouse suite in an apartment.
2. What does Halley hear while she is trying to figure out where they are?
(a) A loud creaking sound.
(b) A train whistle.
(c) Water below them.
(d) Other car engines revving.
3. What seems to be the problem with mowing Halley's family's lawn?
(a) No riding lawnmower.
(b) It is on a steep hill.
(c) A broken lawnmower.
(d) Hidden tree stumps.
4. What does Scarlett envy about Halley?
(a) Her conventional family.
(b) Her grades in the various subjects.
(c) The relationship she has with her mother.
(d) Her long hair and tan.
5. Why is there an uneasy silence at Halley's home when she gets there?
(a) Her mother does not like Macon.
(b) Her mother is upset that she didn't come right home after school.
(c) Her mother saw her skipping school.
(d) Her mother knows Scarlett is pregnant.
6. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
(a) To be careful with Macon.
(b) To stay away from her mother.
(c) That her father is telling embarrassing stories about her on the radio.
(d) To watch out for Ginny.
7. What does Halley's mother want her to do that Halley avoids?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) Baking cookies and talking together.
(c) Watching movies with the Vaughns.
(d) Listening to her father's radio show.
8. How does Scarlett react to Halley's revelation about Scarlett never having been on her own?
(a) She said that she didn't understand.
(b) She said that she wanted Michael.
(c) She said she appreciated it.
(d) She said it wasn't the same.
9. What class do Macon and Halley share?
10. How old are Scarlett and Halley when they first meet?
11. Why does Halley forgive Scarlett for the amount of time she spends with Michael and not with her?
(a) Because Michael is so nice to Scarlett.
(b) Because her mother doesn't want her to spend time with Scarlett.
(c) Because Halley has other things to occupy her as well.
(d) Because Scarlett seems so happy.
12. How does Halley act at Halley's birthday party?
(a) She pretends nothing happens.
(b) She does not come to the party.
(c) She tells everyone at the party how she feels.
(d) She refuses to talk to Halley.
13. What comment does Halley's mother make about Macon's driving?
(a) He could kill someone driving that way.
(b) He wastes a lot of gas.
(c) He should be home long before he is.
(d) It is a wonder he still has a license.
14. What does Halley tell Macon when he visits her on her birthday?
(a) That she got busted and is grounded.
(b) That Scarlett is pregnant.
(c) That she can't wait to see him later.
(d) That her parents want to talk to his parents.
15. How old was Marion when Scarlett was born?
(a) Senior in high school.
(b) Junior in high school.
(c) Senior in college.
(d) Junior in college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
2. What seems to override Halley's dad's reprimand for having someone else do her chores for her?
3. Which of the following characters is described as being wild?
4. What does Macon do to make Halley and Scarlett laugh?
5. Why does Marion tell Scarlett that she doesn't like Steve?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)