|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are Scarlett and Halley when they first meet?
2. What does Halley's mother's toast say?
(a) That they are surprised by her behavior.
(b) That they are proud of her.
(c) That they love her.
(d) That she will make better choices.
3. Which character in the story gets sick in this chapter?
(c) Halley's mother.
(d) Halley's grandmother.
4. Where does Halley's mother go when she leaves the house?
(a) To Scarlett's house.
(b) To talk with Halley's father.
(c) To go and look for Macon.
(d) To the Vaughn's house.
5. What profession does Steve practice?
6. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
(a) To watch out for Ginny.
(b) To be careful with Macon.
(c) To stay away from her mother.
(d) That her father is telling embarrassing stories about her on the radio.
7. Why does Halley forgive Scarlett for the amount of time she spends with Michael and not with her?
(a) Because Scarlett seems so happy.
(b) Because her mother doesn't want her to spend time with Scarlett.
(c) Because Halley has other things to occupy her as well.
(d) Because Michael is so nice to Scarlett.
8. How does Halley act at Halley's birthday party?
(a) She refuses to talk to Halley.
(b) She does not come to the party.
(c) She tells everyone at the party how she feels.
(d) She pretends nothing happens.
9. What happens as Halley is getting ready for bed that night?
(a) She sees a car blink its lights outside her window.
(b) She notices Scarlett walking down the street.
(c) She gets a phone call from Scarlett.
(d) Macon is throwing stones at her window.
10. What does Halley think of when she thinks of Michael?
11. Which of the following characters died in a motorcycle accident?
12. When is the only time that Scarlett and Michael expose themselves?
(a) During P.E. class.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) In the lunch room at school.
(d) At the lake with Halley.
13. How does Halley feel after she hears Scarlett's news?
14. Why is there an uneasy silence at Halley's home when she gets there?
(a) Her mother saw her skipping school.
(b) Her mother is upset that she didn't come right home after school.
(c) Her mother knows Scarlett is pregnant.
(d) Her mother does not like Macon.
15. Why does Halley believe Scarlett gets a sad expression when she talks to her about Macon?
(a) Because she has a crush on Michael.
(b) Because it reminds her of Michael.
(c) Because she is jealous.
(d) Because she doesn't have anyone to like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley find out that Macon had stolen a copy of?
2. What did Halley check for that turned out to be wrong?
3. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Halley according to Scarlett?
4. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
5. What type of store do Halley and Scarlett work at?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)