|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed Halley's mother's opinion toward Michael's death?
(a) She saw that he maintained good grades.
(b) A neighbor told her he was a nice boy.
(c) She learned that it was an accident.
(d) She saw how it affected Scarlett.
2. Why does Halley forgive Scarlett for the amount of time she spends with Michael and not with her?
(a) Because Halley has other things to occupy her as well.
(b) Because her mother doesn't want her to spend time with Scarlett.
(c) Because Scarlett seems so happy.
(d) Because Michael is so nice to Scarlett.
3. Why does Scarlett feel sorry for Elizabeth?
(a) Because she looks so horrible.
(b) Because Michael really loved her.
(c) Because she had no friends.
(d) Because Ginny was being mean to her.
4. What new information about herself did Marion reveal to Scarlett during the fight?
(a) That she regrets Scarlett.
(b) That she had an abortion.
(c) That she won't help Scarlett with a child.
(d) That Scarlett should be smarter than she was.
5. What does Halley do as she rushes home for her curfew?
(a) Climbs a tree and sneaks in through her window.
(b) Runs through Scarlett's kitchen.
(c) Stops to kiss Macon through the window.
(d) Walks slowly thinking up an excuse.
6. Why does Halley feel like a fool at the party?
(a) Ginny says something rude about her outfit.
(b) Scarlett and she arrive late.
(c) She cannot find Macon.
(d) Scarlett spends time crying.
7. What class do Macon and Halley share?
8. In what month does Michael tell Scarlett that he loves her?
9. What does Halley's mother's toast say?
(a) That she will make better choices.
(b) That they love her.
(c) That they are proud of her.
(d) That they are surprised by her behavior.
10. What profession does Steve practice?
11. What exception to Halley's punishment does her mother allow?
(a) Her to go with Scarlett to the clinic.
(b) Her to attend her family birthday party.
(c) Her to go out with her ex-boyfriend Noah.
(d) Her to visit with Scarlett.
12. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
(a) Refusing to tell her about Macon.
(b) Lying to her.
(c) Skipping school.
(d) Not telling her about Scarlett's baby.
13. How does Halley startle Macon?
(a) She opens the window quickly.
(b) She sneaks up behind him.
(c) She climbs down the tree beside him.
(d) She calls his name quietly.
14. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
(a) A boy in her bed.
(b) Clothes that are Michael's.
(d) A suitcase packed with her clothes.
15. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the soda machines?
(a) To stay away from Macon.
(b) That she can't stay at school.
(c) That she is feeling sick.
(d) That her schedule is ridiculous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley do to comfort Scarlett?
2. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the ladies room at work?
3. What does Halley's mother ask Halley when she comes back to her room?
4. Why does Marion tell Scarlett that she doesn't like Steve?
5. Where does Macon live?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)