|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley find out that Macon had stolen a copy of?
(a) A copy of Halley's favorite book.
(b) The picture of Halley at the Grand Canyon.
(c) A pregnancy book like Scarlett's.
(d) A picture of Michael and Scarlett.
2. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
(a) Her mother's job.
(b) Self-esteem camp.
(c) Grand Canyon trip.
(d) The articles her mother wrote about her.
3. Which of the following characters died in a motorcycle accident?
4. Why does Halley forgive Scarlett for the amount of time she spends with Michael and not with her?
(a) Because Scarlett seems so happy.
(b) Because Halley has other things to occupy her as well.
(c) Because her mother doesn't want her to spend time with Scarlett.
(d) Because Michael is so nice to Scarlett.
5. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
(a) Skipping school.
(b) Refusing to tell her about Macon.
(c) Lying to her.
(d) Not telling her about Scarlett's baby.
6. What does Halley do to comfort Scarlett?
(a) Lets her cry on her shoulder.
(b) Tells her everything will be okay.
(c) Listens to her talk.
(d) Pulls her into a hug.
7. What change has occurred in Halley's mother?
(a) She is trying to get more involved with Halley's relationship with Macon.
(b) She is more involved with Scarlett's pregnancy.
(c) She is now distracted and worried.
(d) She is less invovled.
8. Where does Halley's mother go when she leaves the house?
(a) To the Vaughn's house.
(b) To talk with Halley's father.
(c) To Scarlett's house.
(d) To go and look for Macon.
9. What seems to override Halley's dad's reprimand for having someone else do her chores for her?
(a) His interest in Macon's large lawnmower.
(b) His desire to write down information for his show.
(c) His need to complete his own chores.
(d) Macon's ability to distract him with questions.
10. Which character in the story gets sick in this chapter?
(a) Halley's grandmother.
(c) Halley's mother.
11. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
(a) He drinks more than her mother.
(b) He has lots of problems.
(c) He doesn't know how he'll survive without Michael.
(d) He is a stepbrother to Michael.
12. What does Halley tell Macon when he visits her on her birthday?
(a) That Scarlett is pregnant.
(b) That her parents want to talk to his parents.
(c) That she can't wait to see him later.
(d) That she got busted and is grounded.
13. Where had Macon been during the party?
(a) At Halley's house.
(b) In the attic.
(c) At Scarlett's house.
(d) At his house.
14. What month is it when Macon finally asks out Halley?
15. Which of the following isn't something that Macon does that bothers Halley's mother?
(a) Refuses to talk to Halley's mother.
(b) Call late at night.
(c) Let his car idle, then pull away with screeching tires.
(d) Hang up if somoene other than Halley answers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley indicate she has found her grandmother's eccentricities?
2. How does Halley feel knowing that Macon likes her?
3. What does Halley first see when the lights and noise start?
4. How does Halley feel after she hears Scarlett's news?
5. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Halley according to Scarlett?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)