|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley tell Macon when he visits her on her birthday?
(a) That her parents want to talk to his parents.
(b) That she got busted and is grounded.
(c) That Scarlett is pregnant.
(d) That she can't wait to see him later.
2. What does Halley first see when the lights and noise start?
(a) Other cars.
(b) A cliff.
(c) Danger signs.
3. What class do Macon and Halley share?
4. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
(a) Funerals freak her out.
(b) She cannot get off of work.
(c) She did not approve of their relationship.
(d) No other adults will be there.
5. What does Halley do to comfort Scarlett?
(a) Lets her cry on her shoulder.
(b) Pulls her into a hug.
(c) Listens to her talk.
(d) Tells her everything will be okay.
6. What seems to be the problem with mowing Halley's family's lawn?
(a) It is on a steep hill.
(b) No riding lawnmower.
(c) Hidden tree stumps.
(d) A broken lawnmower.
7. Why does Halley's mother want her to tell her Macon's name?
(a) She wants to have a talk with him.
(b) She wants to invite him to the birthday party.
(c) She wants to call his parents.
(d) She wants him to come over and mow the lawn.
8. Why does Halley say that she will never have to be on her own?
(a) Because Hally will always be with her.
(b) Because she will always have the baby.
(c) Because her mother will never abandon her.
(d) Because Michael will always be with her in spirit.
9. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
(a) He doesn't know how he'll survive without Michael.
(b) He drinks more than her mother.
(c) He has lots of problems.
(d) He is a stepbrother to Michael.
10. How does Scarlett react to Halley's revelation about Scarlett never having been on her own?
(a) She said she appreciated it.
(b) She said that she didn't understand.
(c) She said it wasn't the same.
(d) She said that she wanted Michael.
11. Why does Elizabeth Gunderson approach Halley?
(a) To ask her about Scarlett.
(b) To tell her about ginny.
(c) To warn her about Macon.
(d) To tell her something about Noah.
12. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
(a) Scarlett helping her mother with dinner preparations.
(b) Scarlett comforting her mother.
(c) Scarlett's mother worrying about Scarlett.
(d) Scarlett crying on her mother's shoulder.
13. Which character in the story gets sick in this chapter?
(b) Halley's mother.
(d) Halley's grandmother.
14. What does Scarlett envy about Halley?
(a) Her long hair and tan.
(b) The relationship she has with her mother.
(c) Her grades in the various subjects.
(d) Her conventional family.
15. What has been the big news at school for the last two weeks?
(a) Scarlett's pregnancy.
(b) Halley's father's radio show stories.
(c) Scarlett's abortion.
(d) Macon and Halley's relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how long did it take for the school to move onto another scandal?
2. What profession does Steve practice?
3. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
4. Where does Macon live?
5. Why does Scarlett call her on the phone at school?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)