|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley tell Macon when he visits her on her birthday?
(a) That her parents want to talk to his parents.
(b) That she got busted and is grounded.
(c) That Scarlett is pregnant.
(d) That she can't wait to see him later.
2. What month is it when Macon finally asks out Halley?
3. Where does Halley's mother go when she leaves the house?
(a) To talk with Halley's father.
(b) To Scarlett's house.
(c) To the Vaughn's house.
(d) To go and look for Macon.
4. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
(a) Her mother's job.
(b) Grand Canyon trip.
(c) The articles her mother wrote about her.
(d) Self-esteem camp.
5. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
(a) A relic of the past.
(b) A reminder of better times.
(c) A fulfullment of her dreams.
(d) An embarassment.
6. While Halley is shy and quiet, Scarlett is known as being more what?
7. Why does Halley's mother want her to tell her Macon's name?
(a) She wants to have a talk with him.
(b) She wants to invite him to the birthday party.
(c) She wants to call his parents.
(d) She wants him to come over and mow the lawn.
8. What do people call Halley that she doesn't mind, but they might think she minds it?
(a) The worst friend.
(b) Scarlett's friend, Halley.
(c) The smart girl.
(d) Scarlett's wannabe.
9. How are Halley's feelings described as Macon pulls her close and kisses her when the dam is opening?
(a) Unsure and terrified.
(b) Relieved and surprised.
(c) Surprised and safe.
(d) Terrified and exhilarated.
10. About how long did it take for the school to move onto another scandal?
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
11. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
(a) She does not like the new Halley.
(b) She liked Noah more than she likes Halley's new boyfriend.
(c) Because the two families are friends.
(d) She thinks Noah is good for Halley.
12. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
(a) Scarlett helping her mother with dinner preparations.
(b) Scarlett comforting her mother.
(c) Scarlett crying on her mother's shoulder.
(d) Scarlett's mother worrying about Scarlett.
13. What does Halley do as she rushes home for her curfew?
(a) Runs through Scarlett's kitchen.
(b) Stops to kiss Macon through the window.
(c) Climbs a tree and sneaks in through her window.
(d) Walks slowly thinking up an excuse.
14. Where does Halley find Scarlett?
(d) Couselor's office.
15. What change has occurred in Halley's mother?
(a) She is more involved with Scarlett's pregnancy.
(b) She is now distracted and worried.
(c) She is less invovled.
(d) She is trying to get more involved with Halley's relationship with Macon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Halley think she escapes the brunt of her mother's anger?
2. Which of the following characters died in a motorcycle accident?
3. What does Macon reveal to Halley about where they are?
4. Where does Macon live?
5. Who does Scarlett think is weird, but Halley doesn't think is that bad?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)