Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Halley is shy and quiet, Scarlett is known as being more what?
2. Where did Cameron transfer from?
3. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
(a) Her mother's job.
(b) Grand Canyon trip.
(c) The articles her mother wrote about her.
(d) Self-esteem camp.
4. What does Macon do to make Halley and Scarlett laugh?
(a) Tells Scarlett she needs to eat more healthy foods.
(b) Tells them one of Ginny's secrets.
(c) Takes them to the dam on a wild ride.
(d) Makes fun of Ginny.
5. How long does Halley stay at Scarlett's house?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 1.5 hours.
6. What does Halley's mother want her to do that Halley avoids?
(a) Listening to her father's radio show.
(b) Watching movies with the Vaughns.
(c) Baking cookies and talking together.
(d) Mowing the lawn.
7. How does Halley's mother seem to feel learning things about her daughter from others?
8. What happens as Halley is getting ready for bed that night?
(a) Macon is throwing stones at her window.
(b) She gets a phone call from Scarlett.
(c) She notices Scarlett walking down the street.
(d) She sees a car blink its lights outside her window.
9. Which of the following isn't something that Macon does that bothers Halley's mother?
(a) Let his car idle, then pull away with screeching tires.
(b) Refuses to talk to Halley's mother.
(c) Call late at night.
(d) Hang up if somoene other than Halley answers.
10. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
(a) She does not like the new Halley.
(b) She liked Noah more than she likes Halley's new boyfriend.
(c) She thinks Noah is good for Halley.
(d) Because the two families are friends.
11. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the soda machines?
(a) That she is feeling sick.
(b) That her schedule is ridiculous.
(c) That she can't stay at school.
(d) To stay away from Macon.
12. Which of the following characters is described as being wild?
13. What new information about herself did Marion reveal to Scarlett during the fight?
(a) That she won't help Scarlett with a child.
(b) That Scarlett should be smarter than she was.
(c) That she had an abortion.
(d) That she regrets Scarlett.
14. What does Halley do as she rushes home for her curfew?
(a) Runs through Scarlett's kitchen.
(b) Walks slowly thinking up an excuse.
(c) Stops to kiss Macon through the window.
(d) Climbs a tree and sneaks in through her window.
15. Why does Halley feel like a fool at the party?
(a) Scarlett spends time crying.
(b) Scarlett and she arrive late.
(c) Ginny says something rude about her outfit.
(d) She cannot find Macon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macon do to Halley that makes her feel so happy that she wants to die?
2. How are Halley's feelings described as Macon pulls her close and kisses her when the dam is opening?
3. What profession does Steve practice?
4. How old was Marion when Scarlett was born?
5. How does Halley startle Macon?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)