|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Halley is shy and quiet, Scarlett is known as being more what?
2. Why does Halley think she escapes the brunt of her mother's anger?
(a) Because she isn't pregnant like Scarlett.
(b) Because her mother is tired of fighting.
(c) Because her father intervened.
(d) Because she stayed in her room the whole time.
3. What has been the big news at school for the last two weeks?
(a) Macon and Halley's relationship.
(b) Scarlett's abortion.
(c) Halley's father's radio show stories.
(d) Scarlett's pregnancy.
4. Which character in the story gets sick in this chapter?
(a) Halley's grandmother.
(b) Halley's mother.
5. How does Halley indicate she has found her grandmother's eccentricities?
6. Where had Macon been during the party?
(a) In the attic.
(b) At Halley's house.
(c) At his house.
(d) At Scarlett's house.
7. How long does Halley stay at Scarlett's house?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 1.5 hours.
8. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
(a) A boy in her bed.
(c) A suitcase packed with her clothes.
(d) Clothes that are Michael's.
9. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
(a) She liked Noah more than she likes Halley's new boyfriend.
(b) She does not like the new Halley.
(c) She thinks Noah is good for Halley.
(d) Because the two families are friends.
10. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
(a) He doesn't know how he'll survive without Michael.
(b) He has lots of problems.
(c) He drinks more than her mother.
(d) He is a stepbrother to Michael.
11. What does Halley tell Macon when he visits her on her birthday?
(a) That Scarlett is pregnant.
(b) That she can't wait to see him later.
(c) That her parents want to talk to his parents.
(d) That she got busted and is grounded.
12. What does Halley's mother ask Halley when she comes back to her room?
(a) Why their relationship has changed so much.
(b) Why she didn't tell her about Scarlett.
(c) Why her daughter continues to lie to her.
(d) Why she has become so secretive.
13. Why didn't Halley and Scarlett know Michael for most of high school?
(a) He was sick often and missed a lot of school.
(b) He was always in different classes.
(c) He didn't hang around the popular crowd.
(d) He went to a private high school.
14. How does Halley's mother feel about her choice to keep the child?
(a) She thinks it is a mistake.
(b) She thinks that Scarlett has not thought things through.
(c) She thinks Halley will have to support her.
(d) She respects her choice.
15. Where does Halley's mother go when she leaves the house?
(a) To talk with Halley's father.
(b) To Scarlett's house.
(c) To go and look for Macon.
(d) To the Vaughn's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Cameron transfer from?
2. What does Halley feel herself letting go of?
3. Why does Halley feel like a fool at the party?
4. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
5. What changed Halley's mother's opinion toward Michael's death?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)