|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people call Halley that she doesn't mind, but they might think she minds it?
(a) The worst friend.
(b) The smart girl.
(c) Scarlett's wannabe.
(d) Scarlett's friend, Halley.
2. Where does Halley's mother go when she leaves the house?
(a) To the Vaughn's house.
(b) To go and look for Macon.
(c) To talk with Halley's father.
(d) To Scarlett's house.
3. What profession does Steve practice?
4. What did Halley check for that turned out to be wrong?
(a) Halley checked for Scarlett's book.
(b) Halley checked for Marion.
(c) Halley checked for anyone else in the bathroom.
(d) Halley checked for Macon.
5. What is Halley jealous about in regards to Scarlett?
(a) Her relationship with Michael.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her red hair.
(d) Her life style.
6. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
(a) Her mother had a boyfriend over and she was embarrassed.
(b) Her mother had passed out drunk on the sidewalk.
(c) Her mother had beaten her up.
(d) Her mother had locked her out of the house.
7. What does Macon do to make Halley and Scarlett laugh?
(a) Tells Scarlett she needs to eat more healthy foods.
(b) Makes fun of Ginny.
(c) Tells them one of Ginny's secrets.
(d) Takes them to the dam on a wild ride.
8. Why does Halley forgive Scarlett for the amount of time she spends with Michael and not with her?
(a) Because Halley has other things to occupy her as well.
(b) Because Scarlett seems so happy.
(c) Because Michael is so nice to Scarlett.
(d) Because her mother doesn't want her to spend time with Scarlett.
9. How does Halley indicate she has found her grandmother's eccentricities?
10. What happens in regards to Scarlett after lunch?
(a) No one will talk to her.
(b) She is called to the office.
(c) Everyone stares at her stomach.
(d) Scarlett skips the rest of her classes.
11. How does Halley startle Macon?
(a) She sneaks up behind him.
(b) She calls his name quietly.
(c) She climbs down the tree beside him.
(d) She opens the window quickly.
12. What change has occurred in Halley's mother?
(a) She is more involved with Scarlett's pregnancy.
(b) She is now distracted and worried.
(c) She is less invovled.
(d) She is trying to get more involved with Halley's relationship with Macon.
13. How does Halley feel knowing that Macon likes her?
14. What impresses Halley about Scarlett when they first meet?
(a) The way she seems to have everything together.
(b) The fact that she is older than Halley.
(c) Her boldness and competence.
(d) How she is able to manipulate her mother.
15. In what month does Michael tell Scarlett that he loves her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley first see when the lights and noise start?
2. Why does Scarlett says that having the baby is hard?
3. Why does Halley go to see the counselor on the first day of school?
4. What does Halley reflect on when Macon heads toward the parking lot full of long-haired guys?
5. Which character in the story gets sick in this chapter?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)