|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Halley is shy and quiet, Scarlett is known as being more what?
2. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
(a) A reminder of better times.
(b) An embarassment.
(c) A relic of the past.
(d) A fulfullment of her dreams.
3. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
(a) A suitcase packed with her clothes.
(c) A boy in her bed.
(d) Clothes that are Michael's.
4. Why does Halley feel like a fool at the party?
(a) Scarlett spends time crying.
(b) She cannot find Macon.
(c) Scarlett and she arrive late.
(d) Ginny says something rude about her outfit.
5. What does Halley do to comfort Scarlett?
(a) Pulls her into a hug.
(b) Lets her cry on her shoulder.
(c) Listens to her talk.
(d) Tells her everything will be okay.
6. Why didn't Halley and Scarlett know Michael for most of high school?
(a) He didn't hang around the popular crowd.
(b) He went to a private high school.
(c) He was always in different classes.
(d) He was sick often and missed a lot of school.
7. What class do Macon and Halley share?
8. What profession does Steve practice?
9. How does Halley act at Halley's birthday party?
(a) She refuses to talk to Halley.
(b) She does not come to the party.
(c) She tells everyone at the party how she feels.
(d) She pretends nothing happens.
10. What new information about herself did Marion reveal to Scarlett during the fight?
(a) That she won't help Scarlett with a child.
(b) That she had an abortion.
(c) That she regrets Scarlett.
(d) That Scarlett should be smarter than she was.
11. What impresses Halley about Scarlett when they first meet?
(a) The fact that she is older than Halley.
(b) Her boldness and competence.
(c) The way she seems to have everything together.
(d) How she is able to manipulate her mother.
12. What does Halley feel herself letting go of?
(a) Her feelings for Noah.
(b) Her relationship with her family.
(c) Her naive nature.
(d) The girl from the Grand Canyon.
13. Which character in the story gets sick in this chapter?
(a) Halley's mother.
(b) Halley's grandmother.
14. Why does Halley's mother want her to tell her Macon's name?
(a) She wants to call his parents.
(b) She wants to invite him to the birthday party.
(c) She wants to have a talk with him.
(d) She wants him to come over and mow the lawn.
15. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the ladies room at work?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is leaving home.
(c) Not to trust Macon.
(d) That her mother is asking questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change has occurred in Halley's mother?
2. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
3. Where is Halley when Macon visits her on her birthday?
4. What does Halley do as she rushes home for her curfew?
5. Where had Macon been during the party?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)