|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Macon live?
(a) In the penthouse suite in an apartment.
(b) In a house similar to Scarlett's.
(c) In a trailer with his mother.
(d) In a foster home.
2. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
(b) A suitcase packed with her clothes.
(c) Clothes that are Michael's.
(d) A boy in her bed.
3. What comment does Halley's mother make about Macon's driving?
(a) He could kill someone driving that way.
(b) It is a wonder he still has a license.
(c) He should be home long before he is.
(d) He wastes a lot of gas.
4. What does Halley's mother's toast say?
(a) That they are surprised by her behavior.
(b) That they are proud of her.
(c) That they love her.
(d) That she will make better choices.
5. What does Halley reflect on when Macon heads toward the parking lot full of long-haired guys?
(a) That he shouldn't hang out with those guys.
(b) That she hates lying to him.
(c) That there are things he keeps hidden.
(d) That she didn't know they were his friends.
6. What word does Halley think she hears during the argument between Scarlett and her mother?
7. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the ladies room at work?
(a) Not to trust Macon.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is leaving home.
(d) That her mother is asking questions.
8. What change has occurred in Halley's mother?
(a) She is less invovled.
(b) She is more involved with Scarlett's pregnancy.
(c) She is now distracted and worried.
(d) She is trying to get more involved with Halley's relationship with Macon.
9. While Halley is shy and quiet, Scarlett is known as being more what?
10. Which of the following characters is described as being wild?
11. Where did Cameron transfer from?
12. What is Scarlett doing to Halley that she has never done before?
(a) Sniping at her.
(b) Acting bossy toward her.
(c) Ignoring her.
(d) Warning her about Macon.
13. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Halley according to Scarlett?
14. What does Halley feel herself letting go of?
(a) Her naive nature.
(b) The girl from the Grand Canyon.
(c) Her feelings for Noah.
(d) Her relationship with her family.
15. What does Halley hear while she is trying to figure out where they are?
(a) Other car engines revving.
(b) A train whistle.
(c) A loud creaking sound.
(d) Water below them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Halley's mother tell her to come straight home from school?
2. How does Halley act at Halley's birthday party?
3. How old are Scarlett and Halley when they first meet?
4. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
5. Which of the following isn't something that Macon does that bothers Halley's mother?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)