|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Halley's mother from pressing her about Macon's name?
(a) Marion calls.
(b) The Vaughns call.
(c) Halley walks out of the house.
(d) Halley's father brings her a milkshake.
2. Why does Marion tell Scarlett that she doesn't like Steve?
(a) Because she thinks his job is dull.
(b) Because she never gives any of her boyfriend's a chance.
(c) Because he dresses up in costumes.
(d) Because she is still upset that Michael died.
3. How are Halley's feelings described as Macon pulls her close and kisses her when the dam is opening?
(a) Surprised and safe.
(b) Unsure and terrified.
(c) Relieved and surprised.
(d) Terrified and exhilarated.
4. Why is there an uneasy silence at Halley's home when she gets there?
(a) Her mother saw her skipping school.
(b) Her mother knows Scarlett is pregnant.
(c) Her mother does not like Macon.
(d) Her mother is upset that she didn't come right home after school.
5. Why does Ginny cry at her own party?
(a) Because the boy she wanted to come refused.
(b) Because something was broken and there is a wine stain on the carpet.
(c) Because her parents came home and made everyone leave.
(d) Because the girls made fun of her at her own party.
6. Why does Halley say that she will never have to be on her own?
(a) Because she will always have the baby.
(b) Because her mother will never abandon her.
(c) Because Hally will always be with her.
(d) Because Michael will always be with her in spirit.
7. Which of the following characters is described as being boring?
8. Which character in the story gets sick in this chapter?
(c) Halley's mother.
(d) Halley's grandmother.
9. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
(a) A relic of the past.
(b) A reminder of better times.
(c) A fulfullment of her dreams.
(d) An embarassment.
10. Which of the following is not one of the ways Halley is evolving?
(a) Double piercing her ears.
(d) Doing drugs.
11. What seems to be the problem with mowing Halley's family's lawn?
(a) Hidden tree stumps.
(b) It is on a steep hill.
(c) No riding lawnmower.
(d) A broken lawnmower.
12. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
(a) Clothes that are Michael's.
(c) A boy in her bed.
(d) A suitcase packed with her clothes.
13. What does Halley find out that Macon had stolen a copy of?
(a) The picture of Halley at the Grand Canyon.
(b) A copy of Halley's favorite book.
(c) A picture of Michael and Scarlett.
(d) A pregnancy book like Scarlett's.
14. How does Halley feel knowing that Macon likes her?
15. What new information about herself did Marion reveal to Scarlett during the fight?
(a) That Scarlett should be smarter than she was.
(b) That she regrets Scarlett.
(c) That she won't help Scarlett with a child.
(d) That she had an abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exception to Halley's punishment does her mother allow?
2. Where does Halley find Scarlett?
3. Who does Scarlett think is weird, but Halley doesn't think is that bad?
4. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
5. How many tests has Scarlett taken before she decided to talk to Halley?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)