|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the ways Halley is evolving?
(a) Doing drugs.
(b) Double piercing her ears.
2. What does Halley do to comfort Scarlett?
(a) Tells her everything will be okay.
(b) Listens to her talk.
(c) Lets her cry on her shoulder.
(d) Pulls her into a hug.
3. What does Halley find out that Macon had stolen a copy of?
(a) A copy of Halley's favorite book.
(b) The picture of Halley at the Grand Canyon.
(c) A picture of Michael and Scarlett.
(d) A pregnancy book like Scarlett's.
4. What happens when Halley goes to tell Scarlett about what she's been warned about in regards to Macon?
(a) Scarlett ignores Halley and walks away from hr.
(b) Scarlett runs out of the room.
(c) Scarlett yells at Halley.
(d) Scarlett tells her she already warned her.
5. What did Halley check for that turned out to be wrong?
(a) Halley checked for Scarlett's book.
(b) Halley checked for anyone else in the bathroom.
(c) Halley checked for Macon.
(d) Halley checked for Marion.
6. Why didn't Halley and Scarlett know Michael for most of high school?
(a) He didn't hang around the popular crowd.
(b) He went to a private high school.
(c) He was always in different classes.
(d) He was sick often and missed a lot of school.
7. What exception to Halley's punishment does her mother allow?
(a) Her to go out with her ex-boyfriend Noah.
(b) Her to attend her family birthday party.
(c) Her to visit with Scarlett.
(d) Her to go with Scarlett to the clinic.
8. Why does Halley forgive Scarlett for the amount of time she spends with Michael and not with her?
(a) Because her mother doesn't want her to spend time with Scarlett.
(b) Because Scarlett seems so happy.
(c) Because Michael is so nice to Scarlett.
(d) Because Halley has other things to occupy her as well.
9. How long is Halley's punishment to go on?
(a) Two months.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
10. When is the only time that Scarlett and Michael expose themselves?
(a) At the lake with Halley.
(b) In the lunch room at school.
(c) At the grocery store.
(d) During P.E. class.
11. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
(a) He has lots of problems.
(b) He drinks more than her mother.
(c) He doesn't know how he'll survive without Michael.
(d) He is a stepbrother to Michael.
12. How does Halley's mother seem to feel learning things about her daughter from others?
13. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
(a) Scarlett helping her mother with dinner preparations.
(b) Scarlett comforting her mother.
(c) Scarlett's mother worrying about Scarlett.
(d) Scarlett crying on her mother's shoulder.
14. Why does Halley's mother tell her to come straight home from school?
(a) To talk about the lies she has been telling.
(b) To talk about this relationship with Macon.
(c) To talk about Scarlett's abortion.
(d) To talk about a plan for her birthday.
15. What does Halley think of when she thinks of Michael?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is described as being boring?
2. What profession does Steve practice?
3. What comment does Halley's mother make about Macon's driving?
4. How old was Marion when Scarlett was born?
5. What is Halley jealous about in regards to Scarlett?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)