|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarlett says that having the baby is hard?
(a) Because Halley is distracted with Macon.
(b) Because she can't tell anyone else.
(c) Because she is too young.
(d) Because Michael isn't there.
2. Why does Halley think she escapes the brunt of her mother's anger?
(a) Because she isn't pregnant like Scarlett.
(b) Because she stayed in her room the whole time.
(c) Because her mother is tired of fighting.
(d) Because her father intervened.
3. What happens when Halley goes to tell Scarlett about what she's been warned about in regards to Macon?
(a) Scarlett yells at Halley.
(b) Scarlett runs out of the room.
(c) Scarlett ignores Halley and walks away from hr.
(d) Scarlett tells her she already warned her.
4. How long is Halley's punishment to go on?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
5. Where had Macon been during the party?
(a) At Scarlett's house.
(b) At Halley's house.
(c) In the attic.
(d) At his house.
6. Why does Halley's mother tell her to come straight home from school?
(a) To talk about Scarlett's abortion.
(b) To talk about a plan for her birthday.
(c) To talk about the lies she has been telling.
(d) To talk about this relationship with Macon.
7. What does Macon reveal to Halley about where they are?
(a) That she can't tell anyone else about where they are.
(b) That he and Michael used to come here often.
(c) That he has never brought anyone else to this place.
(d) That this is his favorite place on earth.
8. What warning is Halley given about Macon?
(a) That he is seeing other girls.
(b) That he is into some very dangerous things.
(c) That he doesn't care about her.
(d) That he can treat girls badly.
9. What stops Halley's mother from pressing her about Macon's name?
(a) The Vaughns call.
(b) Halley walks out of the house.
(c) Halley's father brings her a milkshake.
(d) Marion calls.
10. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
(a) A reminder of better times.
(b) An embarassment.
(c) A fulfullment of her dreams.
(d) A relic of the past.
11. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
(a) To stay away from her mother.
(b) To watch out for Ginny.
(c) That her father is telling embarrassing stories about her on the radio.
(d) To be careful with Macon.
12. What does Halley reflect on when Macon heads toward the parking lot full of long-haired guys?
(a) That he shouldn't hang out with those guys.
(b) That she didn't know they were his friends.
(c) That there are things he keeps hidden.
(d) That she hates lying to him.
13. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
(a) She did not approve of their relationship.
(b) No other adults will be there.
(c) She cannot get off of work.
(d) Funerals freak her out.
14. Why didn't Halley and Scarlett know Michael for most of high school?
(a) He went to a private high school.
(b) He was always in different classes.
(c) He didn't hang around the popular crowd.
(d) He was sick often and missed a lot of school.
15. What exception to Halley's punishment does her mother allow?
(a) Her to visit with Scarlett.
(b) Her to attend her family birthday party.
(c) Her to go with Scarlett to the clinic.
(d) Her to go out with her ex-boyfriend Noah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of store do Halley and Scarlett work at?
2. How does Halley indicate she has found her grandmother's eccentricities?
3. Why does Marion tell Scarlett that she doesn't like Steve?
4. Why does Halley feel like a fool at the party?
5. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)