|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Macon live?
(a) In a foster home.
(b) In a trailer with his mother.
(c) In a house similar to Scarlett's.
(d) In the penthouse suite in an apartment.
2. What seems to override Halley's dad's reprimand for having someone else do her chores for her?
(a) His need to complete his own chores.
(b) His interest in Macon's large lawnmower.
(c) His desire to write down information for his show.
(d) Macon's ability to distract him with questions.
3. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
(a) Her mother had passed out drunk on the sidewalk.
(b) Her mother had a boyfriend over and she was embarrassed.
(c) Her mother had beaten her up.
(d) Her mother had locked her out of the house.
4. What does Halley think of when she thinks of Michael?
5. What does Halley feel herself letting go of?
(a) Her feelings for Noah.
(b) Her relationship with her family.
(c) The girl from the Grand Canyon.
(d) Her naive nature.
6. Where is Halley when Macon visits her on her birthday?
(d) Scarlett's house.
7. Why does Elizabeth Gunderson approach Halley?
(a) To ask her about Scarlett.
(b) To tell her something about Noah.
(c) To warn her about Macon.
(d) To tell her about ginny.
8. What did Halley check for that turned out to be wrong?
(a) Halley checked for anyone else in the bathroom.
(b) Halley checked for Scarlett's book.
(c) Halley checked for Macon.
(d) Halley checked for Marion.
9. What promise did Ginny break?
(a) Not to tell anyone that Halley was dating Macon.
(b) Leaving Halley and Scarlett alone.
(c) Not to tell anyone about Scarlett's baby.
(d) Telling everyone to stay out of the bathroom.
10. About how long did it take for the school to move onto another scandal?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
11. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
(a) That her father is telling embarrassing stories about her on the radio.
(b) To stay away from her mother.
(c) To watch out for Ginny.
(d) To be careful with Macon.
12. What word does Halley think she hears during the argument between Scarlett and her mother?
13. Why does Scarlett feel sorry for Elizabeth?
(a) Because she looks so horrible.
(b) Because Michael really loved her.
(c) Because she had no friends.
(d) Because Ginny was being mean to her.
14. Who does Scarlett think is weird, but Halley doesn't think is that bad?
15. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
(a) A suitcase packed with her clothes.
(b) Clothes that are Michael's.
(c) A boy in her bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following isn't something that Macon does that bothers Halley's mother?
2. What does Halley's mother want her to do that Halley avoids?
3. What class do Macon and Halley share?
4. What is the purpose of the camp that Halley is attending?
5. How long does Halley stay at Scarlett's house?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)