|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley hear while she is trying to figure out where they are?
(a) A loud creaking sound.
(b) A train whistle.
(c) Other car engines revving.
(d) Water below them.
2. What does Halley find out that Macon had stolen a copy of?
(a) A copy of Halley's favorite book.
(b) A pregnancy book like Scarlett's.
(c) The picture of Halley at the Grand Canyon.
(d) A picture of Michael and Scarlett.
3. What is Halley jealous about in regards to Scarlett?
(a) Her red hair.
(b) Her relationship with Michael.
(c) Her life style.
(d) Her mother.
4. What does Halley's mother want her to do that Halley avoids?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) Listening to her father's radio show.
(c) Baking cookies and talking together.
(d) Watching movies with the Vaughns.
5. Which of the following characters is described as being wild?
6. What change has occurred in Halley's mother?
(a) She is more involved with Scarlett's pregnancy.
(b) She is less invovled.
(c) She is trying to get more involved with Halley's relationship with Macon.
(d) She is now distracted and worried.
7. What stops Halley's mother from pressing her about Macon's name?
(a) Marion calls.
(b) Halley walks out of the house.
(c) The Vaughns call.
(d) Halley's father brings her a milkshake.
8. Who told Halley's mother that Macon is Halley's boyfriend?
9. What happens in regards to Scarlett after lunch?
(a) She is called to the office.
(b) Everyone stares at her stomach.
(c) Scarlett skips the rest of her classes.
(d) No one will talk to her.
10. Why does Halley feel like a fool at the party?
(a) She cannot find Macon.
(b) Scarlett spends time crying.
(c) Scarlett and she arrive late.
(d) Ginny says something rude about her outfit.
11. Where is Halley when Macon visits her on her birthday?
(b) Scarlett's house.
12. What new information about herself did Marion reveal to Scarlett during the fight?
(a) That Scarlett should be smarter than she was.
(b) That she had an abortion.
(c) That she regrets Scarlett.
(d) That she won't help Scarlett with a child.
13. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the soda machines?
(a) That her schedule is ridiculous.
(b) That she is feeling sick.
(c) To stay away from Macon.
(d) That she can't stay at school.
14. What warning is Halley given about Macon?
(a) That he is into some very dangerous things.
(b) That he can treat girls badly.
(c) That he is seeing other girls.
(d) That he doesn't care about her.
15. Why does Scarlett says that having the baby is hard?
(a) Because she is too young.
(b) Because Halley is distracted with Macon.
(c) Because Michael isn't there.
(d) Because she can't tell anyone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
2. What has been the big news at school for the last two weeks?
3. How does Halley startle Macon?
4. Where does Macon live?
5. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)