|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Halley is getting ready for bed that night?
(a) She sees a car blink its lights outside her window.
(b) She gets a phone call from Scarlett.
(c) Macon is throwing stones at her window.
(d) She notices Scarlett walking down the street.
2. What warning is Halley given about Macon?
(a) That he doesn't care about her.
(b) That he can treat girls badly.
(c) That he is seeing other girls.
(d) That he is into some very dangerous things.
3. What has been the big news at school for the last two weeks?
(a) Scarlett's pregnancy.
(b) Scarlett's abortion.
(c) Macon and Halley's relationship.
(d) Halley's father's radio show stories.
4. What is the purpose of the camp that Halley is attending?
(a) To teach her survival skills.
(b) To provide therapy.
(c) To build up self-esteem
(d) To help build friendships.
5. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
(a) A fulfullment of her dreams.
(b) An embarassment.
(c) A reminder of better times.
(d) A relic of the past.
6. How long does Halley stay at Scarlett's house?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 1.5 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
7. Why is there an uneasy silence at Halley's home when she gets there?
(a) Her mother knows Scarlett is pregnant.
(b) Her mother does not like Macon.
(c) Her mother saw her skipping school.
(d) Her mother is upset that she didn't come right home after school.
8. While Halley is shy and quiet, Scarlett is known as being more what?
9. Which of the following characters is described as being wild?
10. What happens in regards to Scarlett after lunch?
(a) She is called to the office.
(b) Scarlett skips the rest of her classes.
(c) Everyone stares at her stomach.
(d) No one will talk to her.
11. How long is Halley's punishment to go on?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
12. How many tests has Scarlett taken before she decided to talk to Halley?
13. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Halley according to Scarlett?
14. Where does Halley's mother go when she leaves the house?
(a) To Scarlett's house.
(b) To the Vaughn's house.
(c) To go and look for Macon.
(d) To talk with Halley's father.
15. What seems to be the problem with mowing Halley's family's lawn?
(a) No riding lawnmower.
(b) A broken lawnmower.
(c) It is on a steep hill.
(d) Hidden tree stumps.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Halley's feelings described as Macon pulls her close and kisses her when the dam is opening?
2. What changed Halley's mother's opinion toward Michael's death?
3. How does Scarlett react to Halley's revelation about Scarlett never having been on her own?
4. What change has occurred in Halley's mother?
5. Why does Ginny cry at her own party?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)