|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett envy about Halley?
(a) Her conventional family.
(b) Her grades in the various subjects.
(c) Her long hair and tan.
(d) The relationship she has with her mother.
2. How long does Halley stay at Scarlett's house?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 1.5 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 30 minutes.
3. How many tests has Scarlett taken before she decided to talk to Halley?
4. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
(a) A fulfullment of her dreams.
(b) An embarassment.
(c) A reminder of better times.
(d) A relic of the past.
5. What do people call Halley that she doesn't mind, but they might think she minds it?
(a) The smart girl.
(b) Scarlett's wannabe.
(c) The worst friend.
(d) Scarlett's friend, Halley.
6. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
(a) A boy in her bed.
(b) A suitcase packed with her clothes.
(c) Clothes that are Michael's.
7. How long after he tells Scarlett that he loves her does Michael die?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 2 weeks.
8. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
(a) Because the two families are friends.
(b) She does not like the new Halley.
(c) She thinks Noah is good for Halley.
(d) She liked Noah more than she likes Halley's new boyfriend.
9. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
(a) Her mother had locked her out of the house.
(b) Her mother had beaten her up.
(c) Her mother had passed out drunk on the sidewalk.
(d) Her mother had a boyfriend over and she was embarrassed.
10. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
(a) Her mother's job.
(b) Grand Canyon trip.
(c) Self-esteem camp.
(d) The articles her mother wrote about her.
11. How long is Halley's punishment to go on?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Two months.
12. What does Halley tell Macon when he visits her on her birthday?
(a) That Scarlett is pregnant.
(b) That she can't wait to see him later.
(c) That her parents want to talk to his parents.
(d) That she got busted and is grounded.
13. What does Macon do to make Halley and Scarlett laugh?
(a) Makes fun of Ginny.
(b) Tells Scarlett she needs to eat more healthy foods.
(c) Tells them one of Ginny's secrets.
(d) Takes them to the dam on a wild ride.
14. How does Halley's mother feel about her choice to keep the child?
(a) She thinks that Scarlett has not thought things through.
(b) She thinks it is a mistake.
(c) She respects her choice.
(d) She thinks Halley will have to support her.
15. Why does Halley forgive Scarlett for the amount of time she spends with Michael and not with her?
(a) Because her mother doesn't want her to spend time with Scarlett.
(b) Because Halley has other things to occupy her as well.
(c) Because Michael is so nice to Scarlett.
(d) Because Scarlett seems so happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new information about herself did Marion reveal to Scarlett during the fight?
2. Which character in the story gets sick in this chapter?
3. What does Halley first see when the lights and noise start?
4. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
5. What does Halley's dad do to embarrass her in front of Macon?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)