|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning is Halley given about Macon?
(a) That he doesn't care about her.
(b) That he is into some very dangerous things.
(c) That he can treat girls badly.
(d) That he is seeing other girls.
2. How does Halley act at Halley's birthday party?
(a) She refuses to talk to Halley.
(b) She tells everyone at the party how she feels.
(c) She pretends nothing happens.
(d) She does not come to the party.
3. What do people call Halley that she doesn't mind, but they might think she minds it?
(a) Scarlett's wannabe.
(b) The smart girl.
(c) Scarlett's friend, Halley.
(d) The worst friend.
4. Why does Elizabeth Gunderson approach Halley?
(a) To ask her about Scarlett.
(b) To warn her about Macon.
(c) To tell her something about Noah.
(d) To tell her about ginny.
5. What does Halley feel herself letting go of?
(a) Her relationship with her family.
(b) The girl from the Grand Canyon.
(c) Her naive nature.
(d) Her feelings for Noah.
6. How old are Scarlett and Halley when they first meet?
7. What seems to be the problem with mowing Halley's family's lawn?
(a) No riding lawnmower.
(b) It is on a steep hill.
(c) Hidden tree stumps.
(d) A broken lawnmower.
8. What does Halley's mother's toast say?
(a) That they are proud of her.
(b) That she will make better choices.
(c) That they love her.
(d) That they are surprised by her behavior.
9. How does Halley startle Macon?
(a) She sneaks up behind him.
(b) She climbs down the tree beside him.
(c) She calls his name quietly.
(d) She opens the window quickly.
10. What does Scarlett envy about Halley?
(a) Her conventional family.
(b) Her long hair and tan.
(c) The relationship she has with her mother.
(d) Her grades in the various subjects.
11. Which of the following is not one of the ways Halley is evolving?
(b) Doing drugs.
(d) Double piercing her ears.
12. Why does Halley's mother want her to tell her Macon's name?
(a) She wants him to come over and mow the lawn.
(b) She wants to have a talk with him.
(c) She wants to call his parents.
(d) She wants to invite him to the birthday party.
13. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
(a) Because the two families are friends.
(b) She thinks Noah is good for Halley.
(c) She liked Noah more than she likes Halley's new boyfriend.
(d) She does not like the new Halley.
14. What word does Halley think she hears during the argument between Scarlett and her mother?
15. While Halley is shy and quiet, Scarlett is known as being more what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of store do Halley and Scarlett work at?
2. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
3. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
4. How many tests has Scarlett taken before she decided to talk to Halley?
5. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)