|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is described as being wild?
2. What is Scarlett doing to Halley that she has never done before?
(a) Warning her about Macon.
(b) Sniping at her.
(c) Ignoring her.
(d) Acting bossy toward her.
3. What does Halley first see when the lights and noise start?
(a) Other cars.
(b) A cliff.
(d) Danger signs.
4. How old was Marion when Scarlett was born?
(a) Junior in college.
(b) Junior in high school.
(c) Senior in college.
(d) Senior in high school.
5. Which of the following characters is described as being boring?
6. What class does Macon notice on Halley's schedule that he makes fun of her for having?
(a) Remedial math.
7. Who told Halley's mother that Macon is Halley's boyfriend?
8. What class do Macon and Halley share?
9. What happens in regards to Scarlett after lunch?
(a) She is called to the office.
(b) Everyone stares at her stomach.
(c) Scarlett skips the rest of her classes.
(d) No one will talk to her.
10. How does Halley's mother feel about her choice to keep the child?
(a) She respects her choice.
(b) She thinks Halley will have to support her.
(c) She thinks that Scarlett has not thought things through.
(d) She thinks it is a mistake.
11. Why does Halley forgive Scarlett for the amount of time she spends with Michael and not with her?
(a) Because Michael is so nice to Scarlett.
(b) Because Scarlett seems so happy.
(c) Because Halley has other things to occupy her as well.
(d) Because her mother doesn't want her to spend time with Scarlett.
12. What do people call Halley that she doesn't mind, but they might think she minds it?
(a) Scarlett's friend, Halley.
(b) Scarlett's wannabe.
(c) The smart girl.
(d) The worst friend.
13. Why does Halley believe Scarlett gets a sad expression when she talks to her about Macon?
(a) Because it reminds her of Michael.
(b) Because she is jealous.
(c) Because she has a crush on Michael.
(d) Because she doesn't have anyone to like.
14. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
(a) A reminder of better times.
(b) A relic of the past.
(c) An embarassment.
(d) A fulfullment of her dreams.
15. What does Halley think of when she thinks of Michael?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley hear while she is trying to figure out where they are?
2. How old are Scarlett and Halley when they first meet?
3. How does Halley indicate she has found her grandmother's eccentricities?
4. Why does Scarlett says that having the baby is hard?
5. What comment does Halley's mother make about Macon's driving?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)