|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Halley's mother feel about her choice to keep the child?
(a) She respects her choice.
(b) She thinks it is a mistake.
(c) She thinks Halley will have to support her.
(d) She thinks that Scarlett has not thought things through.
2. What promise did Ginny break?
(a) Not to tell anyone about Scarlett's baby.
(b) Leaving Halley and Scarlett alone.
(c) Not to tell anyone that Halley was dating Macon.
(d) Telling everyone to stay out of the bathroom.
3. Why does Elizabeth Gunderson approach Halley?
(a) To warn her about Macon.
(b) To ask her about Scarlett.
(c) To tell her about ginny.
(d) To tell her something about Noah.
4. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
(a) Lying to her.
(b) Refusing to tell her about Macon.
(c) Skipping school.
(d) Not telling her about Scarlett's baby.
5. Why does Scarlett feel sorry for Elizabeth?
(a) Because she looks so horrible.
(b) Because Ginny was being mean to her.
(c) Because Michael really loved her.
(d) Because she had no friends.
6. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
(a) Self-esteem camp.
(b) The articles her mother wrote about her.
(c) Grand Canyon trip.
(d) Her mother's job.
7. What does Halley first see when the lights and noise start?
(a) A cliff.
(c) Danger signs.
(d) Other cars.
8. How many tests has Scarlett taken before she decided to talk to Halley?
9. Why didn't Halley and Scarlett know Michael for most of high school?
(a) He went to a private high school.
(b) He was sick often and missed a lot of school.
(c) He didn't hang around the popular crowd.
(d) He was always in different classes.
10. Why does Halley think she escapes the brunt of her mother's anger?
(a) Because she isn't pregnant like Scarlett.
(b) Because she stayed in her room the whole time.
(c) Because her father intervened.
(d) Because her mother is tired of fighting.
11. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the ladies room at work?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) Not to trust Macon.
(c) That her mother is asking questions.
(d) That she is leaving home.
12. What does Macon do to Halley that makes her feel so happy that she wants to die?
(a) He kisses her on the cheek.
(b) He whispers things in her ear.
(c) He puts his arm around her shoulder.
(d) He makes her skip school.
13. Which of the following characters is described as being boring?
14. How does Halley's mother seem to feel learning things about her daughter from others?
15. Where is Halley when Macon visits her on her birthday?
(b) Scarlett's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scarlett react to Halley's revelation about Scarlett never having been on her own?
2. What is the purpose of the camp that Halley is attending?
3. Why does Scarlett says that having the baby is hard?
4. How does Halley indicate she has found her grandmother's eccentricities?
5. How old was Marion when Scarlett was born?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)