|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Halley's mother tell her to come straight home from school?
(a) To talk about a plan for her birthday.
(b) To talk about the lies she has been telling.
(c) To talk about Scarlett's abortion.
(d) To talk about this relationship with Macon.
2. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
(a) He died in the car accident.
(b) He is not there, though the police released him.
(c) He is outside her door under arrest.
(d) He has been arrested and is in jail.
3. Why didn't Halley and Scarlett know Michael for most of high school?
(a) He went to a private high school.
(b) He didn't hang around the popular crowd.
(c) He was always in different classes.
(d) He was sick often and missed a lot of school.
4. What happens when Halley refuses Macon?
(a) He goes to visit Scarlett.
(b) He watches TV with her.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He tells her off.
5. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
(a) That she was married more than once.
(b) That she lied to her about the comet.
(c) That she was in love with an Indian boy.
(d) That she was not honest with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Scarlett called into Mr. Averby's office at the market?
2. What does Macon do to make Halley and Scarlett laugh?
3. How does Halley describe her meetings with Macon toward the end of this chapter?
4. Which of the following emotions best describes how Macon feels on the drive home?
5. What happens in this chapter that allows Halley to be released from her punishment?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)