|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett say that she is worried about Halley doing?
(a) Giving up her own personal dreams.
(b) Sleeping with someone who doesn't love her.
(c) Providing more information than she should.
(d) Disobeying her mother.
2. Why is Scarlett called into Mr. Averby's office at the market?
(a) He wants to give her benefits.
(b) He fires her.
(c) He wants to reduce her work hours.
(d) He wants her to quit.
3. What does Macon do to make Halley and Scarlett laugh?
(a) Tells Scarlett she needs to eat more healthy foods.
(b) Makes fun of Ginny.
(c) Takes them to the dam on a wild ride.
(d) Tells them one of Ginny's secrets.
4. Why does Halley think she escapes the brunt of her mother's anger?
(a) Because her mother is tired of fighting.
(b) Because she isn't pregnant like Scarlett.
(c) Because her father intervened.
(d) Because she stayed in her room the whole time.
5. What does Scarlett envy about Halley?
(a) Her grades in the various subjects.
(b) Her conventional family.
(c) Her long hair and tan.
(d) The relationship she has with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Halley think she and Steve are similar?
2. Why does Scarlett call her on the phone at school?
3. Why does Halley's mother come to see her at work?
4. What does Scarlett tell Halley that she is thinking of taking?
5. What does Halley's mother ask Halley when she comes back to her room?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)