|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Halley's mother go when she leaves the house?
(a) To the Vaughn's house.
(b) To talk with Halley's father.
(c) To go and look for Macon.
(d) To Scarlett's house.
2. Why is Scarlett called into Mr. Averby's office at the market?
(a) He fires her.
(b) He wants her to quit.
(c) He wants to give her benefits.
(d) He wants to reduce her work hours.
3. What does Halley think about whenever Macon pushes her toward having sex?
(a) Of Scarlett's situation.
(b) That he has done this before.
(c) Of what would happen if she got caught.
(d) Of what her mother said.
4. What happens in this chapter that allows Halley to be released from her punishment?
(a) A visit with her grandmother.
(b) An injury to one of Halley's relatives.
(c) A date with Noah.
(d) Scarlett's doctor's appointment.
5. Which of the following descriptors best describes how Halley feels when she gets out of Macon's car?
(a) Relieved and nervous.
(b) Cold and disoriented.
(c) Surprised and excited.
(d) Happy and respected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Scarlett and Halley going in this chapter?
2. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
3. How does Halley act at Halley's birthday party?
4. Halley tells her mother that she will never learn unless her mother lets her do what?
5. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Halley according to Scarlett?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)