|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What difference does Halley seem to notice in her mother?
(a) She has let Halley make her own mistakes.
(b) She is being more supportive.
(c) She has shown her unconditional love to Halley.
(d) She is trying to not dominate Halley.
2. What does Halley do as she rushes home for her curfew?
(a) Climbs a tree and sneaks in through her window.
(b) Runs through Scarlett's kitchen.
(c) Walks slowly thinking up an excuse.
(d) Stops to kiss Macon through the window.
3. What change has occurred in Halley's mother?
(a) She is more involved with Scarlett's pregnancy.
(b) She is less invovled.
(c) She is now distracted and worried.
(d) She is trying to get more involved with Halley's relationship with Macon.
4. What does Scarlett give Halley when she stops by her house on New Year's Eve?
(a) A pregnancy book.
(b) A pep talk.
(c) A speech.
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley she must consider about having sex with Macon?
(a) That he will be gone afterwards.
(b) That he has done this before.
(c) That she could get pregnant.
(d) That he does not love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
2. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
3. What is Scarlett doing to Halley that she has never done before?
4. What makes Halley feel scared?
5. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)