|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Halley's heart feel like it is stopping when Macon is kissing her in the kitchen?
(a) She sees Scarlett coming over to her house.
(b) She hears her father's voice.
(c) She hears her mother's voice.
(d) She sees Scarlett's mother watching them.
2. What does Halley see come over Macon's face?
(a) Bright yellow lights.
(b) White headlights.
(c) Police light reflections.
(d) A very angry appearance.
3. How does Halley's mother know she was lying about why she missed curfew?
(a) Because she could hear Macon's car outside.
(b) Because she could see Scarlett all night.
(c) Because Halley was breathing too heavily.
(d) Because she could see the lie in her daughter's eyes.
4. What seems to be the problem with mowing Halley's family's lawn?
(a) It is on a steep hill.
(b) Hidden tree stumps.
(c) No riding lawnmower.
(d) A broken lawnmower.
5. What seems to override Halley's dad's reprimand for having someone else do her chores for her?
(a) His interest in Macon's large lawnmower.
(b) His need to complete his own chores.
(c) Macon's ability to distract him with questions.
(d) His desire to write down information for his show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley's mother tell her she will understand one day?
2. What happens as Halley is getting ready for bed that night?
3. What change has occurred in Halley's mother?
4. Who does Scarlett think is weird, but Halley doesn't think is that bad?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)