|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett tell Halley she must consider about having sex with Macon?
(a) That she could get pregnant.
(b) That he will be gone afterwards.
(c) That he has done this before.
(d) That he does not love her.
2. How does Halley feel after she hears Scarlett's news?
3. What did Halley check for that turned out to be wrong?
(a) Halley checked for Macon.
(b) Halley checked for Marion.
(c) Halley checked for anyone else in the bathroom.
(d) Halley checked for Scarlett's book.
4. How does Halley's mother know she was lying about why she missed curfew?
(a) Because she could hear Macon's car outside.
(b) Because she could see Scarlett all night.
(c) Because Halley was breathing too heavily.
(d) Because she could see the lie in her daughter's eyes.
5. Which of the following isn't something that Macon does that bothers Halley's mother?
(a) Call late at night.
(b) Let his car idle, then pull away with screeching tires.
(c) Hang up if somoene other than Halley answers.
(d) Refuses to talk to Halley's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarlett call her on the phone at school?
2. What does Halley see come over Macon's face?
3. What does the doctor say when Scarlett asks how much it will hurt to give birth?
4. What does Scarlett say that she is worried about Halley doing?
5. Which of the following emotions best describes how Macon feels on the drive home?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)