|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
(a) She feels as if her mother is taking everything from her.
(b) She feels as if nothing she knows to be true is true.
(c) She feels as if her memories are clouded.
(d) She feels as if everyone is against her.
2. Why is there an uneasy silence at Halley's home when she gets there?
(a) Her mother is upset that she didn't come right home after school.
(b) Her mother saw her skipping school.
(c) Her mother does not like Macon.
(d) Her mother knows Scarlett is pregnant.
3. How long does Halley stay at Scarlett's house?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 1.5 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 2 hours.
4. What does Halley force Scarlett to share with the doctor?
(a) The father's name.
(b) The knowledge that her mother wants her to have an abortion.
(c) All of her symptoms.
(d) That she is scared.
5. Where had Macon been during the party?
(a) In the attic.
(b) At Halley's house.
(c) At his house.
(d) At Scarlett's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ginny cry at her own party?
2. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
3. Why does Halley forgive Scarlett for the amount of time she spends with Michael and not with her?
4. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
5. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)