|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What class do Macon and Halley share?
2. What seems to override Halley's dad's reprimand for having someone else do her chores for her?
(a) His interest in Macon's large lawnmower.
(b) His need to complete his own chores.
(c) Macon's ability to distract him with questions.
(d) His desire to write down information for his show.
3. What does Halley reflect on when Macon heads toward the parking lot full of long-haired guys?
(a) That he shouldn't hang out with those guys.
(b) That there are things he keeps hidden.
(c) That she didn't know they were his friends.
(d) That she hates lying to him.
4. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
(a) How much her mother looks like her.
(b) How very tired she seems.
(c) How she has changed and become irritable.
(d) How pale and small she looks.
5. What does Halley force Scarlett to share with the doctor?
(a) All of her symptoms.
(b) That she is scared.
(c) The father's name.
(d) The knowledge that her mother wants her to have an abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed Halley's mother's opinion toward Michael's death?
2. Why does Ginny cry at her own party?
3. How long does Macon say he has waited for Halley?
4. What warning is Halley given about Macon?
5. How does Halley spend the time while her mother is staying with her grandmother?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)