|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
(a) That she is not anything like her mother.
(b) That she will do whatever she wants.
(c) That she doesn't care what she thinks.
(d) That she should just be happy she isn't pregnant.
2. What does Halley's dad do to embarrass her in front of Macon?
(a) He yells at Macon and tells him to leave.
(b) He reminds her she should already be in bed.
(c) He reminds her she has to mow the lawn the next day.
(d) He calls her by an embarrassing nickname.
3. How are Halley's feelings described as Macon pulls her close and kisses her when the dam is opening?
(a) Terrified and exhilarated.
(b) Relieved and surprised.
(c) Surprised and safe.
(d) Unsure and terrified.
4. What does Macon do to make Halley and Scarlett laugh?
(a) Takes them to the dam on a wild ride.
(b) Tells Scarlett she needs to eat more healthy foods.
(c) Tells them one of Ginny's secrets.
(d) Makes fun of Ginny.
5. Why does Halley say that she will never have to be on her own?
(a) Because Michael will always be with her in spirit.
(b) Because her mother will never abandon her.
(c) Because Hally will always be with her.
(d) Because she will always have the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Halley think she hears during the argument between Scarlett and her mother?
2. What does Halley learn about her grandmother?
3. What change has occurred in Halley's mother?
4. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
5. What was odd about Thanksgiving at Scarlett's house?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)