|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is described as being wild?
2. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
(a) Scarlett crying on her mother's shoulder.
(b) Scarlett comforting her mother.
(c) Scarlett's mother worrying about Scarlett.
(d) Scarlett helping her mother with dinner preparations.
3. Why does Halley think she escapes the brunt of her mother's anger?
(a) Because her father intervened.
(b) Because she isn't pregnant like Scarlett.
(c) Because her mother is tired of fighting.
(d) Because she stayed in her room the whole time.
4. Why is there an uneasy silence at Halley's home when she gets there?
(a) Her mother is upset that she didn't come right home after school.
(b) Her mother saw her skipping school.
(c) Her mother does not like Macon.
(d) Her mother knows Scarlett is pregnant.
5. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
(a) Refusing to tell her about Macon.
(b) Not telling her about Scarlett's baby.
(c) Skipping school.
(d) Lying to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is described as being boring?
2. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
3. Which of the following characters died in a motorcycle accident?
4. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
5. Who told Halley's mother that Macon is Halley's boyfriend?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)