|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marion tell Scarlett that she doesn't like Steve?
(a) Because she thinks his job is dull.
(b) Because she never gives any of her boyfriend's a chance.
(c) Because he dresses up in costumes.
(d) Because she is still upset that Michael died.
2. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
(a) Not telling her about Scarlett's baby.
(b) Skipping school.
(c) Refusing to tell her about Macon.
(d) Lying to her.
3. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
(a) Scarlett's mother worrying about Scarlett.
(b) Scarlett helping her mother with dinner preparations.
(c) Scarlett comforting her mother.
(d) Scarlett crying on her mother's shoulder.
4. Which of the following isn't something that Macon does that bothers Halley's mother?
(a) Hang up if somoene other than Halley answers.
(b) Refuses to talk to Halley's mother.
(c) Call late at night.
(d) Let his car idle, then pull away with screeching tires.
5. What does Macon reveal to Halley about where they are?
(a) That this is his favorite place on earth.
(b) That he and Michael used to come here often.
(c) That she can't tell anyone else about where they are.
(d) That he has never brought anyone else to this place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley first see when the lights and noise start?
2. Why does Scarlett call her on the phone at school?
3. What happens as Halley is getting ready for bed that night?
4. How are Halley's feelings described as Macon pulls her close and kisses her when the dam is opening?
5. What has been the big news at school for the last two weeks?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)