|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarlett react to Halley's revelation about Scarlett never having been on her own?
(a) She said it wasn't the same.
(b) She said she appreciated it.
(c) She said that she didn't understand.
(d) She said that she wanted Michael.
2. Why is there an uneasy silence at Halley's home when she gets there?
(a) Her mother does not like Macon.
(b) Her mother is upset that she didn't come right home after school.
(c) Her mother knows Scarlett is pregnant.
(d) Her mother saw her skipping school.
3. What seems to be the problem with mowing Halley's family's lawn?
(a) Hidden tree stumps.
(b) It is on a steep hill.
(c) A broken lawnmower.
(d) No riding lawnmower.
4. Why does Marion tell Scarlett that she doesn't like Steve?
(a) Because he dresses up in costumes.
(b) Because she thinks his job is dull.
(c) Because she never gives any of her boyfriend's a chance.
(d) Because she is still upset that Michael died.
5. What does Macon reveal to Halley about where they are?
(a) That this is his favorite place on earth.
(b) That he has never brought anyone else to this place.
(c) That he and Michael used to come here often.
(d) That she can't tell anyone else about where they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Halley and Scarlett know Michael for most of high school?
2. What happens in regards to Scarlett after lunch?
3. Which of the following characters is described as being boring?
4. What has been the big news at school for the last two weeks?
5. How old are Scarlett and Halley when they first meet?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)