|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley think of when she thinks of Michael?
2. Which of the following isn't something that Macon does that bothers Halley's mother?
(a) Hang up if somoene other than Halley answers.
(b) Call late at night.
(c) Let his car idle, then pull away with screeching tires.
(d) Refuses to talk to Halley's mother.
3. Why is there an uneasy silence at Halley's home when she gets there?
(a) Her mother saw her skipping school.
(b) Her mother does not like Macon.
(c) Her mother is upset that she didn't come right home after school.
(d) Her mother knows Scarlett is pregnant.
4. What does Halley hear while she is trying to figure out where they are?
(a) Other car engines revving.
(b) Water below them.
(c) A loud creaking sound.
(d) A train whistle.
5. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
(a) An embarassment.
(b) A reminder of better times.
(c) A relic of the past.
(d) A fulfullment of her dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been the big news at school for the last two weeks?
2. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
3. Where is Halley when Macon visits her on her birthday?
4. Where had Macon been during the party?
5. What does Halley's mother ask Halley when she comes back to her room?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)