|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarlett says that having the baby is hard?
(a) Because she is too young.
(b) Because Michael isn't there.
(c) Because she can't tell anyone else.
(d) Because Halley is distracted with Macon.
2. What does Halley hear while she is trying to figure out where they are?
(a) Water below them.
(b) A train whistle.
(c) Other car engines revving.
(d) A loud creaking sound.
3. What profession does Steve practice?
4. What stops Halley's mother from pressing her about Macon's name?
(a) Halley's father brings her a milkshake.
(b) Marion calls.
(c) Halley walks out of the house.
(d) The Vaughns call.
5. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
(a) Her mother's job.
(b) Self-esteem camp.
(c) Grand Canyon trip.
(d) The articles her mother wrote about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley do as she rushes home for her curfew?
2. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
3. What word does Halley think she hears during the argument between Scarlett and her mother?
4. What month is it when Macon finally asks out Halley?
5. Why does Halley's mother tell her to come straight home from school?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)