|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley tell Macon when he visits her on her birthday?
(a) That she got busted and is grounded.
(b) That her parents want to talk to his parents.
(c) That she can't wait to see him later.
(d) That Scarlett is pregnant.
2. What does Halley first see when the lights and noise start?
(a) Danger signs.
(b) Other cars.
(c) A cliff.
3. How does Halley's mother feel about her choice to keep the child?
(a) She respects her choice.
(b) She thinks it is a mistake.
(c) She thinks Halley will have to support her.
(d) She thinks that Scarlett has not thought things through.
4. Why does Halley think she escapes the brunt of her mother's anger?
(a) Because her mother is tired of fighting.
(b) Because she isn't pregnant like Scarlett.
(c) Because her father intervened.
(d) Because she stayed in her room the whole time.
5. What promise did Ginny break?
(a) Not to tell anyone that Halley was dating Macon.
(b) Not to tell anyone about Scarlett's baby.
(c) Telling everyone to stay out of the bathroom.
(d) Leaving Halley and Scarlett alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses Halley about Scarlett when they first meet?
2. What does Macon do to Halley that makes her feel so happy that she wants to die?
3. How does Halley feel knowing that Macon likes her?
4. Where does Macon live?
5. What seems to override Halley's dad's reprimand for having someone else do her chores for her?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)