|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
(a) Her mother had locked her out of the house.
(b) Her mother had a boyfriend over and she was embarrassed.
(c) Her mother had passed out drunk on the sidewalk.
(d) Her mother had beaten her up.
2. What does Halley hear while she is trying to figure out where they are?
(a) Water below them.
(b) A loud creaking sound.
(c) A train whistle.
(d) Other car engines revving.
3. Why didn't Halley and Scarlett know Michael for most of high school?
(a) He was sick often and missed a lot of school.
(b) He went to a private high school.
(c) He didn't hang around the popular crowd.
(d) He was always in different classes.
4. What does Macon do to Halley that makes her feel so happy that she wants to die?
(a) He whispers things in her ear.
(b) He puts his arm around her shoulder.
(c) He makes her skip school.
(d) He kisses her on the cheek.
5. What do people call Halley that she doesn't mind, but they might think she minds it?
(a) Scarlett's friend, Halley.
(b) The worst friend.
(c) The smart girl.
(d) Scarlett's wannabe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Halley go to see the counselor on the first day of school?
2. Why does Halley believe Scarlett gets a sad expression when she talks to her about Macon?
3. How does Halley's mother feel about her choice to keep the child?
4. What does Halley's mother want her to do that Halley avoids?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the ladies room at work?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)