|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth Gunderson approach Halley?
(a) To tell her about ginny.
(b) To warn her about Macon.
(c) To ask her about Scarlett.
(d) To tell her something about Noah.
2. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
(a) A suitcase packed with her clothes.
(c) Clothes that are Michael's.
(d) A boy in her bed.
3. What does Halley feel herself letting go of?
(a) The girl from the Grand Canyon.
(b) Her naive nature.
(c) Her relationship with her family.
(d) Her feelings for Noah.
4. Why is there an uneasy silence at Halley's home when she gets there?
(a) Her mother is upset that she didn't come right home after school.
(b) Her mother knows Scarlett is pregnant.
(c) Her mother does not like Macon.
(d) Her mother saw her skipping school.
5. How are Halley's feelings described as Macon pulls her close and kisses her when the dam is opening?
(a) Surprised and safe.
(b) Relieved and surprised.
(c) Unsure and terrified.
(d) Terrified and exhilarated.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Marion when Scarlett was born?
2. What does Halley first see when the lights and noise start?
3. What does Halley do to comfort Scarlett?
4. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
5. Why does Halley believe Scarlett gets a sad expression when she talks to her about Macon?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)