|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macon do to Halley that makes her feel so happy that she wants to die?
(a) He makes her skip school.
(b) He puts his arm around her shoulder.
(c) He whispers things in her ear.
(d) He kisses her on the cheek.
2. What seems to be the problem with mowing Halley's family's lawn?
(a) A broken lawnmower.
(b) Hidden tree stumps.
(c) No riding lawnmower.
(d) It is on a steep hill.
3. Why does Elizabeth Gunderson approach Halley?
(a) To ask her about Scarlett.
(b) To warn her about Macon.
(c) To tell her about ginny.
(d) To tell her something about Noah.
4. Why does Halley forgive Scarlett for the amount of time she spends with Michael and not with her?
(a) Because Scarlett seems so happy.
(b) Because Michael is so nice to Scarlett.
(c) Because her mother doesn't want her to spend time with Scarlett.
(d) Because Halley has other things to occupy her as well.
5. What class do Macon and Halley share?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Halley when Macon visits her on her birthday?
2. Where does Halley's mother go when she leaves the house?
3. About how long did it take for the school to move onto another scandal?
4. How does Halley's mother know she was lying about why she missed curfew?
5. Why does Halley think she escapes the brunt of her mother's anger?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)