|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley do to comfort Scarlett?
(a) Lets her cry on her shoulder.
(b) Listens to her talk.
(c) Tells her everything will be okay.
(d) Pulls her into a hug.
2. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
(a) The articles her mother wrote about her.
(b) Her mother's job.
(c) Self-esteem camp.
(d) Grand Canyon trip.
3. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
(a) Because the two families are friends.
(b) She does not like the new Halley.
(c) She thinks Noah is good for Halley.
(d) She liked Noah more than she likes Halley's new boyfriend.
4. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
(a) A fulfullment of her dreams.
(b) A reminder of better times.
(c) An embarassment.
(d) A relic of the past.
5. Why does Halley think she escapes the brunt of her mother's anger?
(a) Because she stayed in her room the whole time.
(b) Because her mother is tired of fighting.
(c) Because she isn't pregnant like Scarlett.
(d) Because her father intervened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley's dad do to embarrass her in front of Macon?
2. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
3. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
4. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
5. How old was Marion when Scarlett was born?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)