|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley's mother want her to do that Halley avoids?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) Watching movies with the Vaughns.
(c) Listening to her father's radio show.
(d) Baking cookies and talking together.
2. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
(a) That her father is telling embarrassing stories about her on the radio.
(b) To be careful with Macon.
(c) To watch out for Ginny.
(d) To stay away from her mother.
3. Why does Halley go to see the counselor on the first day of school?
(a) Her schedule is all wrong.
(b) She wants to spy on Macon.
(c) She is in trouble.
(d) She wants to get help for Scarlett.
4. Why does Halley forgive Scarlett for the amount of time she spends with Michael and not with her?
(a) Because Halley has other things to occupy her as well.
(b) Because her mother doesn't want her to spend time with Scarlett.
(c) Because Michael is so nice to Scarlett.
(d) Because Scarlett seems so happy.
5. What impresses Halley about Scarlett when they first meet?
(a) Her boldness and competence.
(b) How she is able to manipulate her mother.
(c) The way she seems to have everything together.
(d) The fact that she is older than Halley.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley feel knowing that Macon likes her?
2. What does Halley reflect on when Macon heads toward the parking lot full of long-haired guys?
3. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
4. What has been the big news at school for the last two weeks?
5. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)