|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley hear while she is trying to figure out where they are?
(a) Other car engines revving.
(b) Water below them.
(c) A loud creaking sound.
(d) A train whistle.
2. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
(a) Her mother had a boyfriend over and she was embarrassed.
(b) Her mother had passed out drunk on the sidewalk.
(c) Her mother had locked her out of the house.
(d) Her mother had beaten her up.
3. What does Halley's mother ask Halley when she comes back to her room?
(a) Why their relationship has changed so much.
(b) Why she didn't tell her about Scarlett.
(c) Why her daughter continues to lie to her.
(d) Why she has become so secretive.
4. What does Halley tell Macon when he visits her on her birthday?
(a) That she can't wait to see him later.
(b) That she got busted and is grounded.
(c) That her parents want to talk to his parents.
(d) That Scarlett is pregnant.
5. What seems to override Halley's dad's reprimand for having someone else do her chores for her?
(a) His interest in Macon's large lawnmower.
(b) Macon's ability to distract him with questions.
(c) His need to complete his own chores.
(d) His desire to write down information for his show.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley startle Macon?
2. How does Halley feel after she hears Scarlett's news?
3. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
4. What exception to Halley's punishment does her mother allow?
5. What does Halley's dad do to embarrass her in front of Macon?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)