|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Halley's mother tell her to come straight home from school?
(a) To talk about a plan for her birthday.
(b) To talk about this relationship with Macon.
(c) To talk about the lies she has been telling.
(d) To talk about Scarlett's abortion.
2. How many times does Scarlett tell Halley she and Michael had sex?
3. Why does Marion tell Scarlett that she doesn't like Steve?
(a) Because he dresses up in costumes.
(b) Because she never gives any of her boyfriend's a chance.
(c) Because she thinks his job is dull.
(d) Because she is still upset that Michael died.
4. What does Scarlett envy about Halley?
(a) The relationship she has with her mother.
(b) Her grades in the various subjects.
(c) Her conventional family.
(d) Her long hair and tan.
5. How does Halley's mother feel about her choice to keep the child?
(a) She respects her choice.
(b) She thinks it is a mistake.
(c) She thinks that Scarlett has not thought things through.
(d) She thinks Halley will have to support her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people call Halley that she doesn't mind, but they might think she minds it?
2. What class does Macon notice on Halley's schedule that he makes fun of her for having?
3. What stops Halley's mother from pressing her about Macon's name?
4. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
5. Which of the following characters is described as being boring?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)