|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tests has Scarlett taken before she decided to talk to Halley?
2. Why does Scarlett feel sorry for Elizabeth?
(a) Because Michael really loved her.
(b) Because she looks so horrible.
(c) Because Ginny was being mean to her.
(d) Because she had no friends.
3. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
(a) Her mother had passed out drunk on the sidewalk.
(b) Her mother had a boyfriend over and she was embarrassed.
(c) Her mother had locked her out of the house.
(d) Her mother had beaten her up.
4. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
(a) Scarlett's mother worrying about Scarlett.
(b) Scarlett helping her mother with dinner preparations.
(c) Scarlett comforting her mother.
(d) Scarlett crying on her mother's shoulder.
5. What does Scarlett envy about Halley?
(a) Her grades in the various subjects.
(b) Her conventional family.
(c) The relationship she has with her mother.
(d) Her long hair and tan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley feel after she hears Scarlett's news?
2. What does Halley's dad do to embarrass her in front of Macon?
3. What seems to be the problem with mowing Halley's family's lawn?
4. What seems to override Halley's dad's reprimand for having someone else do her chores for her?
5. What is the beginning of events that lead to the change in Halley and her mother's relationship?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)