|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
(a) Her mother had passed out drunk on the sidewalk.
(b) Her mother had a boyfriend over and she was embarrassed.
(c) Her mother had beaten her up.
(d) Her mother had locked her out of the house.
2. Why does Halley go to see the counselor on the first day of school?
(a) She wants to get help for Scarlett.
(b) She is in trouble.
(c) She wants to spy on Macon.
(d) Her schedule is all wrong.
3. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
(a) He has lots of problems.
(b) He doesn't know how he'll survive without Michael.
(c) He drinks more than her mother.
(d) He is a stepbrother to Michael.
4. Why does Scarlett's mother refuse to accompany her daughter to the funeral?
(a) She did not approve of their relationship.
(b) She cannot get off of work.
(c) Funerals freak her out.
(d) No other adults will be there.
5. Why does Halley believe Scarlett gets a sad expression when she talks to her about Macon?
(a) Because she is jealous.
(b) Because it reminds her of Michael.
(c) Because she has a crush on Michael.
(d) Because she doesn't have anyone to like.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
2. Which of the following characters died in a motorcycle accident?
3. What is the purpose of the camp that Halley is attending?
4. Why does Scarlett feel sorry for Elizabeth?
5. What does Scarlett envy about Halley?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)