|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Halley is shy and quiet, Scarlett is known as being more what?
2. Why does Scarlett feel sorry for Elizabeth?
(a) Because Michael really loved her.
(b) Because Ginny was being mean to her.
(c) Because she looks so horrible.
(d) Because she had no friends.
3. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
(a) Her mother had passed out drunk on the sidewalk.
(b) Her mother had locked her out of the house.
(c) Her mother had a boyfriend over and she was embarrassed.
(d) Her mother had beaten her up.
4. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
(a) Scarlett comforting her mother.
(b) Scarlett's mother worrying about Scarlett.
(c) Scarlett crying on her mother's shoulder.
(d) Scarlett helping her mother with dinner preparations.
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the soda machines?
(a) That she can't stay at school.
(b) That she is feeling sick.
(c) To stay away from Macon.
(d) That her schedule is ridiculous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
2. Why does Halley go to see the counselor on the first day of school?
3. In what month does Michael tell Scarlett that he loves her?
4. Which of the following characters died in a motorcycle accident?
5. How old are Scarlett and Halley when they first meet?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)