|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impresses Halley about Scarlett when they first meet?
(a) How she is able to manipulate her mother.
(b) The way she seems to have everything together.
(c) Her boldness and competence.
(d) The fact that she is older than Halley.
2. In what month does Michael tell Scarlett that he loves her?
3. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
(a) Her mother had beaten her up.
(b) Her mother had a boyfriend over and she was embarrassed.
(c) Her mother had locked her out of the house.
(d) Her mother had passed out drunk on the sidewalk.
4. When is the only time that Scarlett and Michael expose themselves?
(a) During P.E. class.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) In the lunch room at school.
(d) At the lake with Halley.
5. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
(a) She thinks Noah is good for Halley.
(b) She does not like the new Halley.
(c) Because the two families are friends.
(d) She liked Noah more than she likes Halley's new boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarlett feel sorry for Elizabeth?
2. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
3. What do people call Halley that she doesn't mind, but they might think she minds it?
4. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
5. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)