|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following descriptors best describes how Halley feels when she gets out of Macon's car?
(a) Surprised and excited.
(b) Relieved and nervous.
(c) Happy and respected.
(d) Cold and disoriented.
2. What does Halley tell Macon when he visits her on her birthday?
(a) That she got busted and is grounded.
(b) That Scarlett is pregnant.
(c) That she can't wait to see him later.
(d) That her parents want to talk to his parents.
3. What class do Macon and Halley share?
4. Why is there an uneasy silence at Halley's home when she gets there?
(a) Her mother is upset that she didn't come right home after school.
(b) Her mother does not like Macon.
(c) Her mother saw her skipping school.
(d) Her mother knows Scarlett is pregnant.
5. How does Halley view the picture of the two of them that her mother places on the mantle?
(a) A relic of the past.
(b) A reminder of better times.
(c) A fulfullment of her dreams.
(d) An embarassment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Halley's mother sad about Halley's break-up with Noah?
2. What type of store do Halley and Scarlett work at?
3. How old was Marion when Scarlett was born?
4. What word does Halley think she hears during the argument between Scarlett and her mother?
5. How are Halley's feelings described as Macon pulls her close and kisses her when the dam is opening?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)