|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley do as she rushes home for her curfew?
(a) Runs through Scarlett's kitchen.
(b) Walks slowly thinking up an excuse.
(c) Stops to kiss Macon through the window.
(d) Climbs a tree and sneaks in through her window.
2. Why does Halley's heart feel like it is stopping when Macon is kissing her in the kitchen?
(a) She hears her father's voice.
(b) She hears her mother's voice.
(c) She sees Scarlett coming over to her house.
(d) She sees Scarlett's mother watching them.
3. What happens as Halley is getting ready for bed that night?
(a) Macon is throwing stones at her window.
(b) She gets a phone call from Scarlett.
(c) She notices Scarlett walking down the street.
(d) She sees a car blink its lights outside her window.
4. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
(a) Scarlett comforting her mother.
(b) Scarlett crying on her mother's shoulder.
(c) Scarlett's mother worrying about Scarlett.
(d) Scarlett helping her mother with dinner preparations.
5. How does Halley's mother know she was lying about why she missed curfew?
(a) Because she could see Scarlett all night.
(b) Because she could see the lie in her daughter's eyes.
(c) Because Halley was breathing too heavily.
(d) Because she could hear Macon's car outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
2. In what way does Halley's mother say that she is like Halley?
3. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
4. How does Halley spend the time while her mother is staying with her grandmother?
5. Where does Macon live?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)