|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Halley's mother know she was lying about why she missed curfew?
(a) Because she could see the lie in her daughter's eyes.
(b) Because Halley was breathing too heavily.
(c) Because she could hear Macon's car outside.
(d) Because she could see Scarlett all night.
2. How does Halley startle Macon?
(a) She sneaks up behind him.
(b) She climbs down the tree beside him.
(c) She calls his name quietly.
(d) She opens the window quickly.
3. Why does Halley's mother tell her to come straight home from school?
(a) To talk about Scarlett's abortion.
(b) To talk about the lies she has been telling.
(c) To talk about this relationship with Macon.
(d) To talk about a plan for her birthday.
4. Why does Halley feel like a fool at the party?
(a) Ginny says something rude about her outfit.
(b) Scarlett and she arrive late.
(c) She cannot find Macon.
(d) Scarlett spends time crying.
5. Why does Scarlett tell Halley she is sorry?
(a) Because she had to tell her mother.
(b) Because Macon is not there.
(c) Because Halley is crying.
(d) Because she feels responsible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Halley's mother go when she leaves the house?
2. How does Halley feel when her mother tells her she was too little to remember sitting on her grandmother's lap watching the comet?
3. Why does Ginny cry at her own party?
4. Why didn't Halley and Scarlett know Michael for most of high school?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)