|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marion tell Scarlett that she doesn't like Steve?
(a) Because he dresses up in costumes.
(b) Because she is still upset that Michael died.
(c) Because she never gives any of her boyfriend's a chance.
(d) Because she thinks his job is dull.
2. How are Halley's feelings described as Macon pulls her close and kisses her when the dam is opening?
(a) Unsure and terrified.
(b) Surprised and safe.
(c) Terrified and exhilarated.
(d) Relieved and surprised.
3. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
(a) To watch out for Ginny.
(b) That her father is telling embarrassing stories about her on the radio.
(c) To stay away from her mother.
(d) To be careful with Macon.
4. Why does Halley believe Scarlett gets a sad expression when she talks to her about Macon?
(a) Because it reminds her of Michael.
(b) Because she is jealous.
(c) Because she has a crush on Michael.
(d) Because she doesn't have anyone to like.
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
(a) He drinks more than her mother.
(b) He doesn't know how he'll survive without Michael.
(c) He is a stepbrother to Michael.
(d) He has lots of problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when Macon finally asks out Halley?
2. How does Halley's mother feel about her choice to keep the child?
3. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
4. What happens as Halley is getting ready for bed that night?
5. Why didn't Halley and Scarlett know Michael for most of high school?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)