|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Halley feel after she hears Scarlett's news?
2. What does Halley's mother tell her about Macon?
(a) That she needs to go live with her grandmother.
(b) That he isn't good for her.
(c) That he is dangerous.
(d) That she wants to get to know him better.
3. What does Scarlett tell Halley that people like them do not do?
(a) Overcome the worries of other.
(b) Disobey their parents.
(c) Raise children alone.
(d) Have sex without love.
4. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
5. Which of the following doesn't Halley remember Macon doing right after the accident?
(a) Yelling for help.
(b) Telling her he loves her.
(c) Telling her he'll be right there.
(d) Holding her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley tell Macon when he visits her on her birthday?
2. Why is there an uneasy silence at Halley's home when she gets there?
3. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
4. What does Macon do to Halley that makes her feel so happy that she wants to die?
5. What does Halley hear her father telling her mother as she falls asleep?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)