|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Halley feel after she hears Scarlett's news?
2. What does Halley hear while she is trying to figure out where they are?
(a) A train whistle.
(b) A loud creaking sound.
(c) Water below them.
(d) Other car engines revving.
3. How does Halley's mother describe Halley?
(d) Too sympathetic.
4. What is Scarlett doing when Halley goes over to say goodbye?
(a) Sitting on the couch eating.
(b) Making her mother breakfast.
(c) Trying to get rid of a bad smell no one else can smell.
(d) Reading her pregnancy books and listening to the radio.
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley about Macon?
(a) He has been arrested and is in jail.
(b) He is outside her door under arrest.
(c) He is not there, though the police released him.
(d) He died in the car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley reflect on when Macon heads toward the parking lot full of long-haired guys?
2. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
3. What comment does Halley's mother make about Macon's driving?
4. How pregnant is Scarlett in this chapter?
5. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)