|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be the problem with mowing Halley's family's lawn?
(a) No riding lawnmower.
(b) Hidden tree stumps.
(c) It is on a steep hill.
(d) A broken lawnmower.
2. Why did Scarlett go to Halley's house one time in the middle of the night?
(a) Her mother had a boyfriend over and she was embarrassed.
(b) Her mother had passed out drunk on the sidewalk.
(c) Her mother had locked her out of the house.
(d) Her mother had beaten her up.
3. What does Halley's mother's toast say?
(a) That they are proud of her.
(b) That she will make better choices.
(c) That they are surprised by her behavior.
(d) That they love her.
4. What does Halley find that surprises her in Scarlett's room?
(b) Clothes that are Michael's.
(c) A suitcase packed with her clothes.
(d) A boy in her bed.
5. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
(a) Refusing to tell her about Macon.
(b) Skipping school.
(c) Lying to her.
(d) Not telling her about Scarlett's baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tests has Scarlett taken before she decided to talk to Halley?
2. Why does Halley's mother want her to tell her Macon's name?
3. How does Halley describe her meetings with Macon toward the end of this chapter?
4. How does Halley indicate she has found her grandmother's eccentricities?
5. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)