|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed Halley's mother's opinion toward Michael's death?
(a) She saw how it affected Scarlett.
(b) She learned that it was an accident.
(c) A neighbor told her he was a nice boy.
(d) She saw that he maintained good grades.
2. How long after he tells Scarlett that he loves her does Michael die?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 days.
3. Why does Halley think she escapes the brunt of her mother's anger?
(a) Because she stayed in her room the whole time.
(b) Because her mother is tired of fighting.
(c) Because her father intervened.
(d) Because she isn't pregnant like Scarlett.
4. What strikes Halley about her grandmother when she arrives in Buffalo to visit her?
(a) How very tired she seems.
(b) How much her mother looks like her.
(c) How pale and small she looks.
(d) How she has changed and become irritable.
5. Why does Halley's mother want her to tell her Macon's name?
(a) She wants to invite him to the birthday party.
(b) She wants to call his parents.
(c) She wants to have a talk with him.
(d) She wants him to come over and mow the lawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scarlett look when she comes to Halley's room?
2. How old was Marion when Scarlett was born?
3. Who told Halley's mother that Macon is Halley's boyfriend?
4. What does Halley tell Macon when he visits her on her birthday?
5. What happens as Halley is getting ready for bed that night?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)