|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Halley and Scarlett know Michael for most of high school?
(a) He went to a private high school.
(b) He was always in different classes.
(c) He was sick often and missed a lot of school.
(d) He didn't hang around the popular crowd.
2. Where had Macon been during the party?
(a) At Halley's house.
(b) At Scarlett's house.
(c) At his house.
(d) In the attic.
3. Why does Halley's mother want her to tell her Macon's name?
(a) She wants to invite him to the birthday party.
(b) She wants to have a talk with him.
(c) She wants him to come over and mow the lawn.
(d) She wants to call his parents.
4. What changed Halley's mother's opinion toward Michael's death?
(a) A neighbor told her he was a nice boy.
(b) She saw that he maintained good grades.
(c) She saw how it affected Scarlett.
(d) She learned that it was an accident.
5. What does Halley reflect on when Macon heads toward the parking lot full of long-haired guys?
(a) That she didn't know they were his friends.
(b) That he shouldn't hang out with those guys.
(c) That there are things he keeps hidden.
(d) That she hates lying to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarlett feel sorry for Elizabeth?
2. Why does Halley believe Scarlett gets a sad expression when she talks to her about Macon?
3. What does Halley's mother want her to do that Halley avoids?
4. Why does Halley go to see the counselor on the first day of school?
5. Why does Halley think she escapes the brunt of her mother's anger?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)