|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Halley punished by her mother?
(a) Lying to her.
(b) Not telling her about Scarlett's baby.
(c) Skipping school.
(d) Refusing to tell her about Macon.
2. What does Halley's mother ask Halley when she comes back to her room?
(a) Why she has become so secretive.
(b) Why their relationship has changed so much.
(c) Why her daughter continues to lie to her.
(d) Why she didn't tell her about Scarlett.
3. What does Halley find when she goes over to Scarlett's house that is a reversal of the normal situation at Scarlett's house?
(a) Scarlett's mother worrying about Scarlett.
(b) Scarlett crying on her mother's shoulder.
(c) Scarlett comforting her mother.
(d) Scarlett helping her mother with dinner preparations.
4. Why didn't Halley and Scarlett know Michael for most of high school?
(a) He went to a private high school.
(b) He was sick often and missed a lot of school.
(c) He didn't hang around the popular crowd.
(d) He was always in different classes.
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the ladies room at work?
(a) That her mother is asking questions.
(b) That she is leaving home.
(c) Not to trust Macon.
(d) That she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley's dad do to embarrass her in front of Macon?
2. How does Halley startle Macon?
3. What seems to override Halley's dad's reprimand for having someone else do her chores for her?
4. Why does Ginny cry at her own party?
5. Why is there an uneasy silence at Halley's home when she gets there?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)