|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macon do to Halley that makes her feel so happy that she wants to die?
(a) He makes her skip school.
(b) He puts his arm around her shoulder.
(c) He kisses her on the cheek.
(d) He whispers things in her ear.
2. Why does Halley's mother tell her to come straight home from school?
(a) To talk about this relationship with Macon.
(b) To talk about a plan for her birthday.
(c) To talk about the lies she has been telling.
(d) To talk about Scarlett's abortion.
3. What class does Macon notice on Halley's schedule that he makes fun of her for having?
(c) Remedial math.
4. Why does Halley's heart feel like it is stopping when Macon is kissing her in the kitchen?
(a) She hears her father's voice.
(b) She sees Scarlett's mother watching them.
(c) She sees Scarlett coming over to her house.
(d) She hears her mother's voice.
5. What does Halley hear while she is trying to figure out where they are?
(a) Water below them.
(b) A train whistle.
(c) A loud creaking sound.
(d) Other car engines revving.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Macon say he has waited for Halley?
2. Which of the following isn't something that Macon does that bothers Halley's mother?
3. How does Halley spend the time while her mother is staying with her grandmother?
4. What does Scarlett warn Halley about?
5. How does Halley feel about Scarlett's handling of the pregnancy?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)