|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarlett doing when Halley goes over to say goodbye?
(a) Reading her pregnancy books and listening to the radio.
(b) Sitting on the couch eating.
(c) Trying to get rid of a bad smell no one else can smell.
(d) Making her mother breakfast.
2. What does Macon do to Halley that makes her feel so happy that she wants to die?
(a) He puts his arm around her shoulder.
(b) He makes her skip school.
(c) He whispers things in her ear.
(d) He kisses her on the cheek.
3. What happens as Halley is getting ready for bed that night?
(a) She sees a car blink its lights outside her window.
(b) Macon is throwing stones at her window.
(c) She gets a phone call from Scarlett.
(d) She notices Scarlett walking down the street.
4. What does Halley's mother think Halley did in regard to Macon?
(a) Met with his parents.
(b) Broke up with him.
(c) Told him to straighten up.
(d) Had her father meet with him.
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley she must consider about having sex with Macon?
(a) That she could get pregnant.
(b) That he does not love her.
(c) That he will be gone afterwards.
(d) That he has done this before.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Scarlett tell Halley she and Michael had sex?
2. What word does Halley think she hears during the argument between Scarlett and her mother?
3. How long does Macon say he has waited for Halley?
4. How does Halley indicate she has found her grandmother's eccentricities?
5. Why does Halley believe Scarlett gets a sad expression when she talks to her about Macon?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)