|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halley reflect on when Macon heads toward the parking lot full of long-haired guys?
(a) That he shouldn't hang out with those guys.
(b) That there are things he keeps hidden.
(c) That she didn't know they were his friends.
(d) That she hates lying to him.
2. Why does Halley's mother tell her to come straight home from school?
(a) To talk about this relationship with Macon.
(b) To talk about Scarlett's abortion.
(c) To talk about the lies she has been telling.
(d) To talk about a plan for her birthday.
3. Why does Scarlett call her on the phone at school?
(a) To take her to the doctors office.
(b) To come pick her up at the clinic.
(c) To come help her with her mother.
(d) To take her to visit Michael's grave.
4. What does Halley force Scarlett to share with the doctor?
(a) All of her symptoms.
(b) The knowledge that her mother wants her to have an abortion.
(c) The father's name.
(d) That she is scared.
5. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
(a) That she is not anything like her mother.
(b) That she will do whatever she wants.
(c) That she doesn't care what she thinks.
(d) That she should just be happy she isn't pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Halley's grandmother?
2. What is Macon doing wrong on the way home?
3. What is Steve wearing that is odd when Halley sees him going into Marion's house?
4. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
5. What does Scarlett tell Halley when they meet at the ladies room at work?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)