|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Halley say she didn't have sex with Macon?
(a) He was too mean.
(b) It hadn't felt right.
(c) Elizabet said mean things to her.
(d) She felt sick to her stomach.
2. Why is there an uneasy silence at Halley's home when she gets there?
(a) Her mother knows Scarlett is pregnant.
(b) Her mother saw her skipping school.
(c) Her mother is upset that she didn't come right home after school.
(d) Her mother does not like Macon.
3. What does Halley reflect on when Macon heads toward the parking lot full of long-haired guys?
(a) That he shouldn't hang out with those guys.
(b) That she hates lying to him.
(c) That she didn't know they were his friends.
(d) That there are things he keeps hidden.
4. Why does Scarlett call her on the phone at school?
(a) To take her to visit Michael's grave.
(b) To come help her with her mother.
(c) To come pick her up at the clinic.
(d) To take her to the doctors office.
5. Why does Halley's mother tell her to come straight home from school?
(a) To talk about Scarlett's abortion.
(b) To talk about the lies she has been telling.
(c) To talk about this relationship with Macon.
(d) To talk about a plan for her birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halley say to her mother that makes her mother react as if she has been slapped?
2. What new information about herself did Marion reveal to Scarlett during the fight?
3. How does Halley feel after she hears Scarlett's news?
4. How many tests has Scarlett taken before she decided to talk to Halley?
5. Why does Halley apologize to Macon?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)