* Halley is at a summer camp that her mother insisted she attend, designed to increase a person's self-esteem.
* She receives a call in the middle of the night from her best friend, Scarlett, who tells her that Scarlett's boyfriend was killed in a motorcycle accident.
* She asks Halley to come home.
* Halley talks to her mother, who is a therapist and expert on adolescent behavior. Her mother doesn't want to let her come home, but eventually agrees.
* Halley thanks her mother. They used to be close but recently they seem to be growing apart.
* Halley's mother was not happy that she broke up with her boyfriend Noah, whose family were close friends with Halley's family. However, she likes to think back to the times when they were friends.
* Halley goes over to Scarlett's house and holds her, giving her a big hug and promising to be...
This section contains 2,761 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)