|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Meena say the Rebels held Manhattan before it was taken back into the control of the British in the beginning of Book Three, Chapter 13?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
2. In what location is Book Three, Chapter 11 set?
3. What is Book Three, Chapter 12’s title?
(a) The Shape of Africa.
(b) They Come and Go from Holy Ground.
(c) Words Come Late from a Wet-nurse.
(d) Nations Not So Blest as Thee.
4. When was the Philipsburg Proclamation issued?
5. What is the name of the woman that Meena lives with during her first days in Sierra Leone in Book Four, Chapter 17?
(b) Debra Stockman.
(d) Alverna Witherspoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many passengers on Meena’s ship die on the voyage to Africa in Book Four, Chapter 17?
2. What is the title of Book Three, Chapter 11?
3. Who runs the port at Bance Island and introduces Meena to the traders who might act as guides inland for her in Book Four, Chapter 19?
4. On what date does Meena read the British peace treaty for the American Revolution to her friends in Canvas Town in Book Three, Chapter 13?
5. What ship does Dr. Falconbridge invite Meena to join him on to discuss matters in Book Four, Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Meena taken after she has recovered from the worst of her illness in the village in Book Four, Chapter 20?
2. What argument does Thomas Peters present regarding the Sierra Leone Company ships in Book Four, Chapter 17?
3. What is the history of Sam Fraunces that he reveals to Meena in Book Three, Chapter 12? Where is Sam from?
4. When does Meena read the peace treaty agreement from the British in Book Three, Chapter 13? What information is revealed?
5. How is Sam Fraunces described when he is introduced in Book Three, Chapter 12? What exchange takes place between Sam and Meena at the hotel desk?
6. How is Alverna Witherspoon described in Book Three, Chapter 15? Where does Meena meet Mrs. Witherspoon?
7. What causes Meena to flee from the slave-traders in Book Four, Chapter 20? How does she flee?
8. How does Meena come to meet Colonel Baker in Book Three, Chapter 13? What does Baker tell Meena about the peace treaty?
9. How is Dr. Falconbridge described in Book Four, Chapter 18? What does he give to Meena?
10. How is Meena regarded by the white residents in the town where she’s arrived in Book Three, Chapter 14?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)