|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Book Three, Chapter 12’s title?
(a) Nations Not So Blest as Thee.
(b) The Shape of Africa.
(c) Words Come Late from a Wet-nurse.
(d) They Come and Go from Holy Ground.
2. How many years ago does Thomas Peters say he came to Nova Scotia in Book Three, Chapter 16?
3. Who is shot by soldiers from the Sierra Leone Company as he attempts to help captives being led to slavery in Book Four, Chapter 17?
(a) Olaudah Equiano.
(d) Scott Wilson.
4. What is Dr. Falconbridge’s wife’s name?
(a) Anna Maria.
5. What is the name of the black community where Meena lives in Nova Scotia?
Short Answer Questions
1. One requirement for relocation by the British was having served the British forces for how long during the Revolutionary War?
2. What is the name of the ship that Meena takes to England in Book Four, Chapter 21?
3. What is the name of the inn where Solomon Lindo and Meena stay in Book Three, Chapter 12?
4. What ship does Dr. Falconbridge invite Meena to join him on to discuss matters in Book Four, Chapter 18?
5. What is the name of the slave-trader who agrees to take Meena inland in Book Four, Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Meena’s friends and fellow colonists in Freetown killed in Book Four, Chapter 17?
2. What information does Lieutenant Clarkson present to Daddy Moses’ congregation in Book Three, Chapter 16?
3. Who meets Meena in Gravesend once she’s arrived in England in Book Four, Chapter 21? Where is Meena taken first?
4. What ship is Meena aboard in the beginning of Book Four, Chapter 17? Where is the ship sailing and how many passengers are aboard?
5. What does Meena learn from John Clarkson when he returns from his visit with King Jimmy in Book Four, Chapter 19?
6. How much time has passed between the ending of Book Four, Chapter 19 and the beginning of Book Four, Chapter 20? How does Meena describe this period of time?
7. What causes Meena to flee from the slave-traders in Book Four, Chapter 20? How does she flee?
8. How is the character of Hector Smithers described in Book Four, Chapter 21? What is Smithers’ plight during the voyage to England?
9. Why does Sam tell Meena to make a break for freedom when he does in Book Three, Chapter 12?
10. What visitor comes to Daddy Moses’ chapel asking for a collection in Book Three, Chapter 16? What is this character’s objective?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)