|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Meena untie after he’s been assaulted by whites on the road to Shelburne in Book Three, Chapter 15?
(b) King Jimmy.
2. Who is stabbed with a saber as he attempts to help captives being led to slavery in Book Four, Chapter 17?
(a) Thomas Peters.
(c) Scott Wilson.
(d) Olaudah Equiano.
3. What is the name of the black cellist that Meena and Solomon Lindo go to see in concert in Book Three, Chapter 12?
(a) Adonis Thomas.
(b) Thomas Peters.
(c) Scott Wilson.
(d) William Tryon.
4. When was the Dunmore's Proclamation signed?
(a) March 26, 1783.
(b) March 9, 1792.
(c) November 7, 1775.
(d) April 23, 1775.
5. How long do Meena and her daughter stay at the Witherspoons before the rioting is said to have ended and Meena goes to see if her home is still standing in Book Three, Chapter 15?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 5 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of John Clarkson’s brother who greets Meena upon her arrival to London in Book Four, Chapter 21?
2. What is the name of the woman that Meena lives with during her first days in Sierra Leone in Book Four, Chapter 17?
3. How many passengers start out on the ship that Meena takes to Africa in Book Four, Chapter 17?
4. What is the name of the black community where Meena lives in Nova Scotia?
5. How many years has it been since Meena has seen John Clarkson when he meets her upon her arrival in London in Book Four, Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the character of Hector Smithers described in Book Four, Chapter 21? What is Smithers’ plight during the voyage to England?
2. Why does Sam tell Meena to make a break for freedom when he does in Book Three, Chapter 12?
3. Whom does Meena meet at Bance Island in Book Four, Chapter 19? What discovery does Meena make about her past here?
4. Who meets Meena in Gravesend once she’s arrived in England in Book Four, Chapter 21? Where is Meena taken first?
5. What leads up to the riots in Birchtown in Book Three, Chapter 15? Where does Meena go for shelter when the riots break out?
6. How does Meena come to meet Colonel Baker in Book Three, Chapter 13? What does Baker tell Meena about the peace treaty?
7. Where is Meena taken after she has recovered from the worst of her illness in the village in Book Four, Chapter 20?
8. What is the history of Sam Fraunces that he reveals to Meena in Book Three, Chapter 12? Where is Sam from?
9. How are the territories of the American Revolutionary War described in the opening of Book Three, Chapter 13? How do these standings impact everyday life for Meena?
10. What does Meena learn from John Clarkson when he returns from his visit with King Jimmy in Book Four, Chapter 19?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)