|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the language called that Georgia uses when talking to the whites in Book Two, Chapter 7?
2. What year does the author denote in the opening of Book Two, Chapter 9?
3. How is Meena’s father killed by the captors?
(a) He is hung.
(b) He is thrown overboard.
(c) He is beaten to death.
(d) He is shot.
4. The man that takes Meena as his assistant on the slave ship has what kind of pet in his quarters?
(a) A dog.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A cat.
(d) A lion.
5. When Meena goes with Georgia to assist in the birthing of another slave’s baby in Book Two, Chapter 7, the slave giving birth only speaks what language?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the white man that has taken Meena as his assistant on the ship during the uprising in Book One, Chapter 4?
2. What handicap does Fomba develop on the journey of the slave-ship?
3. By what title does Meena refer to the white man on the ship that makes her his assistant in Book One, Chapter 4?
4. How does one of the captives commit suicide after his daughter has been killed by a wild animal in Book One, Chapter 3?
5. What does Solomon Lindo refer to as the system he is putting Meena on, wherein she will work for her wages?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator conclude the chapter in Book Two, Chapter 6? What are her thoughts focused on in this section of the text?
2. How does Aminata describe the history of storytellers in her village in Book One, Chapter 4?
3. Who cares for Aminata when she becomes ill on the island in Book Two, Chapter 6?
4. What setting is described in the opening of Book One, Chapter 2? How is the setting described?
5. How does Aminata describe the journey she is taken on after the auction in Book Two, Chapter 6?
6. How is Aminata’s new situation described in the beginning of Book Two, Chapter 9?
7. How does Meena overcome the attack from Master Appleby in Book Two, Chapter 8?
8. How does Dolly teach Meena in her daily tasks in Book Two, Chapter 9?
9. Whose child does Aminata deliver in Book One, Chapter 3? What is the child named?
10. Whose deaths does Meena describe hearing about through the fishnet in the beginning of Book Two, Chapter 10?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)