|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the older black man that Dolly buys most of her food items from in town each day in Book Two, Chapter 9?
(d) Daddy Moses.
2. Whom does Meena say she has instructed to change none of her words in the story of her life, in Book One, Chapter 1?
(a) Olaudah Equiano.
(b) John Clarkson.
(c) Hector Smithers.
(d) Scott Wilson.
3. With whose child does Meena become pregnant in Book Two, Chapter 8?
(d) Mr. Appleby’s.
4. Meena insists to the abolitionists in Book Two, Chapter 5 that she cannot condemn the slave trade without condemning what as well?
(a) The Americans.
(b) Slavery itself.
(c) The British.
5. What handicap does Fomba develop on the journey of the slave-ship?
(a) He’s lost the use of his left arm.
(b) He loses the ability to speak.
(c) He has gone deaf.
(d) He has gone blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Chekura say he is in Book One, Chapter 3?
2. In what year does Meena say a smallpox epidemic swept through her region, killing over 200 people, in Book Two, Chapter 10?
3. What year is denoted by the author in the opening of Book Two, Chapter 5?
4. What is Meena’s father by trade when she is a young girl?
5. By what title does Meena refer to the white man on the ship that makes her his assistant in Book One, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What setting is described in the opening of Book One, Chapter 2? How is the setting described?
2. How does the narrator conclude the chapter in Book Two, Chapter 6? What are her thoughts focused on in this section of the text?
3. How is Aminata’s new situation described in the beginning of Book Two, Chapter 9?
4. Why is Aminata given the name “Meena” by the other slaves on the plantation in Book Two, Chapter 7?
5. How does Meena overcome the attack from Master Appleby in Book Two, Chapter 8?
6. What does Meena learn about Solomon Lindo that changes their relationship in Book Two, Chapter 10?
7. How is Meena’s relationship with each of her parents described in Book One, Chapter 2?
8. How does Aminata describe the journey she is taken on after the auction in Book Two, Chapter 6?
9. Why is Aminata taken as an assistant to the white man on the slave-ship in Book One, Chapter 4?
10. Whose child does Aminata deliver in Book One, Chapter 3? What is the child named?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)