|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the location of the offices of the Committee for the Abolition of the Slave Trade that Meena is taken to in Book Four, Chapter 21?
(a) 34 Waterbury Lane.
(b) 233 Old Mission Blvd.
(c) 14 Thames Avenue.
(d) 18 Old Jewry Street.
2. What is the name of John Clarkson’s wife whom Meena befriends in Book Four, Chapter 21?
(d) Anna Maria.
3. How many years ago does Thomas Peters say he ran from the man who owned him in North Carolina in Book Three, Chapter 16?
4. What is the name of the botanist on board Meena’s ship to England in Book Four, Chapter 21?
(a) Scott Wilson.
(b) Hector Smithers.
(c) Olaudah Equiano.
(d) William Armstrong.
5. What is the name of the woman that Meena lives with during her first days in Sierra Leone in Book Four, Chapter 17?
(a) Debra Stockman.
(d) Alverna Witherspoon.
6. What name does Meena give her daughter in Book Three, Chapter 15?
7. How many years has it been since Meena first visited Bance Island and met William Armstrong in the beginning of Book Four, Chapter 20?
8. How many passengers on Meena’s ship die on the voyage to Africa in Book Four, Chapter 17?
9. Where does Meena learn the British plan to relocate blacks that have served the British forces in Book Three, Chapter 13?
(b) Sierra Leone.
(c) Nova Scotia.
(d) Cape Hope.
10. When does the narrator say the British cut off provisions to the colony in Nova Scotia in Book Three, Chapter 15?
(a) July, 1787.
(b) September, 1777.
(c) March, 1765.
(d) November, 1789.
11. Who is stabbed with a saber as he attempts to help captives being led to slavery in Book Four, Chapter 17?
(a) Scott Wilson.
(b) Thomas Peters.
(d) Olaudah Equiano.
12. What is the name of the village where the slave-trader tells his workers he intends to sell Meena in Book Four, Chapter 20?
13. Who is the governor of New York that Solomon has prepared a letter for in Book Three, Chapter 12?
(a) Hector Smithers.
(b) William Armstrong.
(c) Scott Wilson.
(d) William Tryon.
14. How many years has it been since Meena has seen John Clarkson when he meets her upon her arrival in London in Book Four, Chapter 21?
15. On what date does the Joseph depart from New York in Book Three, Chapter 13?
(a) August 15, 1783.
(b) November 7, 1775.
(c) November 7, 1783.
(d) April 23, 1775.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Meena in Book Three, Chapter 13 that her service is required by His Majesty the King?
2. How much money does Meena give to Thomas Peters during his first visit to Birchtown in Book Three, Chapter 16?
3. What is the title of Book Four, Chapter 17?
4. In what location is Book Three, Chapter 11 set?
5. Which of the abolitionists tells Meena that he wants to write her life story in Book Four, Chapter 21?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)