|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Meena learn the British plan to relocate blacks that have served the British forces in Book Three, Chapter 13?
(a) Cape Hope.
(b) Nova Scotia.
(d) Sierra Leone.
2. How many wives does the village chief have at the village where Meena recovers after fleeing the slave-traders in Book Four, Chapter 20?
3. In what newspaper does Meena first see the notice from the Sierra Leone Company for free resettlement in Africa in Book Three, Chapter 16?
(a) The London Times.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The Royal Gazette.
4. In what location is Book Three, Chapter 11 set?
5. What is the name of the slave-trader who agrees to take Meena inland in Book Four, Chapter 20?
6. Where is the location of the offices of the Committee for the Abolition of the Slave Trade that Meena is taken to in Book Four, Chapter 21?
(a) 34 Waterbury Lane.
(b) 18 Old Jewry Street.
(c) 14 Thames Avenue.
(d) 233 Old Mission Blvd.
7. How much does Sam start out paying Meena per week when she begins working for him in Book Three, Chapter 12?
(a) 5 shillings.
(b) 1 shilling.
(c) 2 shillings.
(d) 7 shillings.
8. Who finally tells Meena that the Weatherspoons departed on a ship with Meena’s daughter in Book Three, Chapter 15?
(a) Daddy Moses.
(b) Theo McArdle.
9. What is the name of the ship that Solomon Lindo and Meena take to New York in Book Three, Chapter 12?
(a) The King George.
(b) The Lucretia.
(c) The Queen Charlotte.
(d) The Sierra Leone Packet.
10. What is the name of Meena’s employer at the print shop in Shelburne, Nova Scotia?
(a) Theo McArdle.
(b) Robinson Appleby.
(c) Sam Fraunces.
(d) John Clarkson.
11. When does the narrator say the British cut off provisions to the colony in Nova Scotia in Book Three, Chapter 15?
(a) March, 1765.
(b) November, 1789.
(c) September, 1777.
(d) July, 1787.
12. What section of the British peace treaty for the American Revolution stated that the British would not be taking "any Negroes or other Property of the American Inhabitants" in their retreat”?
(a) Section X.
(b) Section IX.
(c) Section III
(d) Section VII.
13. What is the name of the ship that Meena and John Clarkson take to Africa in Book Four, Chapter 17?
(a) The King George.
(b) The Sierra Leone Packet.
(c) The Lucretia.
(d) The Queen Charlotte.
14. Who is the Temne chief that sends canoes out to the Sierra Leone fleet to bring the passengers ashore in Book Four, Chapter 17?
(a) Olaudah Equiano.
(b) King Mamadu.
(c) King Jimmy.
(d) Chief Nyeba.
15. Who does Sam say plans to make him head chef at his residence in Mt. Vernon in Book Three, Chapter 13?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Samuel Adams.
(c) George Washington.
(d) William McKinley.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has it been since Meena has seen John Clarkson when he meets her upon her arrival in London in Book Four, Chapter 21?
2. What is the name of John Clarkson’s wife whom Meena befriends in Book Four, Chapter 21?
3. How many years ago does Thomas Peters say he came to Nova Scotia in Book Three, Chapter 16?
4. Who runs the port at Bance Island and introduces Meena to the traders who might act as guides inland for her in Book Four, Chapter 19?
5. Who is the former slave author that Dr. Falconbridge’s wife suggests Meena write an autobiography like in Book Four, Chapter 18?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)