|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Book Two, Chapter 6?
(a) Three Revolutions of the Moon.
(b) We Glide Over the Unburied.
(c) And Now I am Old.
(d) They Call Me an ‘African’.
2. What was Meena’s mother’s job in the village where Meena grew up?
(a) Village cook.
(b) Village chief.
3. What is the title of Book Four, Chapter 21?
(a) We Glide Over the Unburied.
(b) Grand Djeli of the Academy.
(c) Toubab with Black Face.
(d) Small Hands Were Good.
4. What does Solomon Lindo refer to as the system he is putting Meena on, wherein she will work for her wages?
(a) The indentured servant system.
(b) The out-pay system.
(c) The servant system.
(d) The self-hire system.
5. Who kills the white man that has taken Meena as his assistant on the ship during the uprising in Book One, Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. It is the spring of what year that Meena says “the Methodists crammed into Daddy Moses’ chapel to listen to a visitor from Annapolis Royal” in Book Three, Chapter 16?
2. Whom does Meena describe attending a church service with in Book Three, Chapter 11?
3. What is the name of the woman that Meena lives with during her first days in Sierra Leone in Book Four, Chapter 17?
4. What is the language called that Georgia uses when talking to the whites in Book Two, Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of the slave giving birth when Meena and Georgia go to assist her birth in Book Two, Chapter 7?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)