|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Meena’s father by trade when she is a young girl?
(a) The village chief.
(b) A medicine man.
(c) A jeweler.
(d) A slave-trader.
2. How many days is it into Meena’s inland journey with the slave-trader when she overhears him saying he plans to sell her in the next village in Book Four, Chapter 20?
3. What is the date listed by the author in the opening of Book One, Chapter 2?
4. When Meena goes with Georgia to assist in the birthing of another slave’s baby in Book Two, Chapter 7, the slave giving birth only speaks what language?
5. What is the name of the place that everyone tells Meena she is from in Book Two, Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the governor of New York that Solomon has prepared a letter for in Book Three, Chapter 12?
2. Who among the slaves with Meena makes the greatest spectacle when being auctioned by fighting against the captors in Book Two, Chapter 6?
3. Who is the former slave author that Dr. Falconbridge’s wife suggests Meena write an autobiography like in Book Four, Chapter 18?
4. Who encourages Meena to learn the language of the white man but not to teach him theirs, in Book One, Chapter 4?
5. What term do the slaves on the plantation use to refer to the white man in Book Two, Chapter 6?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)