|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chekura say sold him to the slave-traders in Book One, Chapter 3?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His mother.
(d) His aunt.
2. Approximately how many slaves does Meena describe at Appleby’s indigo plantation in Book Two, Chapter 7?
3. Where does Meena learn the British plan to relocate blacks that have served the British forces in Book Three, Chapter 13?
(a) Cape Hope.
(b) Nova Scotia.
(d) Sierra Leone.
4. Who does Sam say plans to make him head chef at his residence in Mt. Vernon in Book Three, Chapter 13?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Samuel Adams.
(d) William McKinley.
5. One requirement for relocation by the British was having served the British forces for how long during the Revolutionary War?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the neighborhood called that is made up of shacks owned by free or escaped blacks in New York in Book Three, Chapter 12?
2. What word is used by Meena and the Africans to describe the white man in Book One, Chapter 3?
3. How long do Meena and her daughter stay at the Witherspoons before the rioting is said to have ended and Meena goes to see if her home is still standing in Book Three, Chapter 15?
4. Whom does Meena say she has instructed to change none of her words in the story of her life, in Book One, Chapter 1?
5. On what date does Meena read the British peace treaty for the American Revolution to her friends in Canvas Town in Book Three, Chapter 13?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)