|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word in the narrative is used to describe any of various gourds for carrying water or liquids?
2. When does the narrator say the British cut off provisions to the colony in Nova Scotia in Book Three, Chapter 15?
(a) November, 1789.
(b) July, 1787.
(c) March, 1765.
(d) September, 1777.
3. In what year does Meena say a smallpox epidemic swept through her region, killing over 200 people, in Book Two, Chapter 10?
4. What is the name of the son Dolly gives birth to in Book Two, Chapter 9?
5. What symbols does Meena have carved into her cheeks?
(b) Five-pointed stars.
(c) Lion’s faces.
(d) Crescent moons.
Short Answer Questions
1. One requirement for relocation by the British was having served the British forces for how long during the Revolutionary War?
2. What language does Meena’s father’s people speak?
3. When Meena finally recognizes the song that is sung during the church service, she recalls who having sung it on the slave-ship in Book Three, Chapter 11?
4. What year does the author denote in the opening of Book Three, Chapter 11?
5. What is the name of Meena’s employer at the print shop in Shelburne, Nova Scotia?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)