|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chekura say sold him to the slave-traders in Book One, Chapter 3?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His mother.
2. What is the name of the inn where Solomon Lindo and Meena stay in Book Three, Chapter 12?
(a) The Swift Tavern.
(b) The White Horse Tavern.
(c) The Fraunces Tavern.
(d) Ma Rawlins’ Boarding House.
3. How far is Dolly in her pregnancy when Meena first meets her in Book Two, Chapter 9?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 5 months.
4. With whose child does Meena become pregnant in Book Two, Chapter 8?
(b) Mr. Appleby’s.
5. Where does Meena begin teaching blacks to read and write in Book Three, Chapter 12?
(a) St. Paul’s Chapel.
(b) The New York Public Library.
(c) St. Peter’s Cathedral.
(d) St. Frances Chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Chekura say he is in Book One, Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of the place that everyone tells Meena she is from in Book Two, Chapter 6?
3. Solomon Lindo tells Meena that they are both outsiders. Why does Lindo consider himself to be an outsider amongst his society?
4. What is the date listed by the author in the opening of Book One, Chapter 2?
5. Who kills the white man that has taken Meena as his assistant on the ship during the uprising in Book One, Chapter 4?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)