|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Book One, Chapter 3?
(a) The Shape of Africa.
(b) They Call Me an ‘African’.
(c) Words Come Late from a Wet-nurse.
(d) Three Revolutions of the Moon.
2. What is the title of Book Two, Chapter 6?
(a) Three Revolutions of the Moon.
(b) We Glide Over the Unburied.
(c) And Now I am Old.
(d) They Call Me an ‘African’.
3. What is the name of the slave giving birth when Meena and Georgia go to assist her birth in Book Two, Chapter 7?
4. What is the name of the Bamana woman that Meena encounters during the walking journey in the New World in Book Two, Chapter 6?
5. What wild animal kills the daughter of one of the captives in Book One, Chapter 3?
(a) A zebra.
(b) A baboon.
(c) A lion.
(d) A tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whose child does Meena become pregnant in Book Two, Chapter 8?
2. What does Mr. Appleby do after he sends Georgia away to attend a birth without Meena in Book Two, Chapter 7?
3. How does one of the captives commit suicide after his daughter has been killed by a wild animal in Book One, Chapter 3?
4. What is the title of Book Two, Chapter 8?
5. What is the word that Meena uses to describe the storyteller in her village in Book One, Chapter 4?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)