|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Around what year does Meena say she was born in Book One, Chapter 1?
2. What is the year that the author denotes in the opening of Book Two, Chapter 6?
3. From what people does Meena say her father came in Book One, Chapter 2?
(a) The Oromo people.
(b) The Fula people.
(c) The Bamana people.
(d) The Somali people.
4. About what percentage of the people does Meena say were Muslim in her village growing up?
5. What is the name of the female slave that is taken on the walking journey along with Fomba and Meena in Book Two, Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What words of prayer does Meena say before the plantation slave berates her for it in Book Two, Chapter 6?
2. By what title does Meena refer to the white man on the ship that makes her his assistant in Book One, Chapter 4?
3. What symbols does Meena have carved into her cheeks?
4. From what people does Meena describe her mother coming from in Book One, Chapter 2?
5. The man that takes Meena as his assistant on the slave ship has what kind of pet in his quarters?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)