|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wild animal kills the daughter of one of the captives in Book One, Chapter 3?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A lion.
(c) A zebra.
(d) A baboon.
2. About what percentage of the people does Meena say were Muslim in her village growing up?
3. What is the title of Book One, Chapter 4?
(a) And Now I am Old.
(b) Three Revolutions of the Moon.
(c) Small Hands Were Good.
(d) We Glide Over the Unburied.
4. Who kills the white man that has taken Meena as his assistant on the ship during the uprising in Book One, Chapter 4?
5. What is the holy book of Islam?
(a) The Qur’an.
(b) The Rigveda.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Ginza Rba.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaps overboard when her baby is killed during the uprising in Book One, Chapter 4?
2. What year is noted in the opening of Book One, Chapter 1?
3. What was Meena’s mother’s job in the village where Meena grew up?
4. How far along in her pregnancy does Meena surmise Fanta is in Book One, Chapter 3?
5. Who encourages Meena to learn the language of the white man but not to teach him theirs, in Book One, Chapter 4?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)