|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Meena say she has instructed to change none of her words in the story of her life, in Book One, Chapter 1?
(a) Scott Wilson.
(b) Olaudah Equiano.
(c) John Clarkson.
(d) Hector Smithers.
2. What term do the slaves on the plantation use to refer to the white man in Book Two, Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of the village where Meena was born in the novel?
4. What is the title of Book Two, Chapter 6?
(a) And Now I am Old.
(b) They Call Me an ‘African’.
(c) Three Revolutions of the Moon.
(d) We Glide Over the Unburied.
5. Who does Chekura say sold him to the slave-traders in Book One, Chapter 3?
(a) His mother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Meena’s mother’s job in the village where Meena grew up?
2. What year is denoted by the author in the opening of Book Two, Chapter 5?
3. When was Charles Town founded in honor of King Charles II of England?
4. About what percentage of the people does Meena say were Muslim in her village growing up?
5. The man that takes Meena as his assistant on the slave ship has what kind of pet in his quarters?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)