|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what title does Meena refer to the white man on the ship that makes her his assistant in Book One, Chapter 4?
(a) The Bururi.
(b) The Ship Chief.
(c) The Medicine Man.
(d) The Kassam.
2. From what people does Meena say her father came in Book One, Chapter 2?
(a) The Oromo people.
(b) The Bamana people.
(c) The Fula people.
(d) The Somali people.
3. What is Meena’s full name in the novel?
(a) Amanita Equiano.
(b) Aminata Diallo.
(c) Amanita Maria.
(d) Aminata Amiki.
4. What is the title of Book One, Chapter 2?
(a) They Call Me an ‘African’.
(b) Words Swim Farther than a Man Can Walk.
(c) Small Hands Were Good.
(d) The Shape of Africa.
5. What language does Meena’s father’s people speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaps overboard when her baby is killed during the uprising in Book One, Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the female slave that is taken on the walking journey along with Fomba and Meena in Book Two, Chapter 6?
3. What words of prayer does Meena say before the plantation slave berates her for it in Book Two, Chapter 6?
4. What initials were branded into Meena’s chest when she was abducted and sold into slavery?
5. What is the title of Book One, Chapter 1?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)