|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that Solomon Lindo and Meena take to New York in Book Three, Chapter 12?
(a) The King George.
(b) The Sierra Leone Packet.
(c) The Lucretia.
(d) The Queen Charlotte.
2. How does Meena say Fomba was killed in Book Two, Chapter 10?
(a) He was shot by a night patroller.
(b) He was hung by Mr. Appleby.
(c) He contracted smallpox.
(d) He drowned in the river.
3. Sullivan’s Island is located off the coast of what U.S. state?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) North Carolina.
4. How does one of the captives commit suicide after his daughter has been killed by a wild animal in Book One, Chapter 3?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) He leaps from the ship.
(c) He stabs himself with a dagger.
(d) He leaps from a tree.
5. Whom does Meena describe attending a church service with in Book Three, Chapter 11?
(a) Sir Stanley Hastings.
(b) Daddy Moses.
(c) Solomon Lindo.
(d) Alverna Witherspoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solomon Lindo refer to as the system he is putting Meena on, wherein she will work for her wages?
2. What is the language called that Georgia uses when talking to the whites in Book Two, Chapter 7?
3. What year is denoted by the author in the opening of Book Two, Chapter 5?
4. Whom does Dolly describe as “the Boss man of the whole land” in Book Two, Chapter 9?
5. Where does Sam tell Meena to hide out for three days in Book Three, Chapter 12?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)