|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Book Two, Chapter 8?
(a) Words Swim Farther than a Man Can Walk.
(b) Milk for the Longest Nursing.
(c) We Glide Over the Unburied.
(d) Small Hands Were Good.
2. What is the name of the son Dolly gives birth to in Book Two, Chapter 9?
3. What is the name of the language that Georgia teaches Meena that is just used amongst the slaves in Book Two, Chapter 7?
4. What is the title of Book Three, Chapter 11?
(a) We Glide Over the Unburied.
(b) Nations Not So Blest as Thee.
(c) Three Revolutions of the Moon.
(d) They Call Me an ‘African’.
5. Fanta is one of how many wives of the chief of Meena’s village?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Appleby’s black assistant who takes over as overseer in Book Two, Chapter 7?
2. How old does Chekura say he is in Book One, Chapter 3?
3. Who encourages Meena to learn the language of the white man but not to teach him theirs, in Book One, Chapter 4?
4. What is the year that the author denotes in the opening of Book Two, Chapter 6?
5. What term does Solomon Lindo tell Meena he prefers to use, rather than “slave,” in Book Two, Chapter 9?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)