|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is the spring of what year that Meena says “the Methodists crammed into Daddy Moses’ chapel to listen to a visitor from Annapolis Royal” in Book Three, Chapter 16?
2. What is the title of Book Three, Chapter 15?
(a) The Shape of Africa.
(b) My Children were Like Phantom Limbs.
(c) Nations Not So Blest as Thee.
(d) They Come and Go from Holy Ground.
3. How long do Meena and her daughter stay at the Witherspoons before the rioting is said to have ended and Meena goes to see if her home is still standing in Book Three, Chapter 15?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 4 days.
4. How does Meena describe the traditional way that African women carry their babies?
(a) In a sling by their stomachs.
(b) In a sling around their waist.
(c) In a sling on their heads.
(d) In a sling on their backs.
5. By what name does Dolly refer to the estate owned by Solomon Lindo?
(b) Lindo House.
(d) Lindo Manor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Meena give her daughter in Book Three, Chapter 15?
2. What is the name of Meena’s employer at the print shop in Shelburne, Nova Scotia?
3. What word in the narrative is used to describe any of various gourds for carrying water or liquids?
4. Solomon Lindo tells Meena that they are both outsiders. Why does Lindo consider himself to be an outsider amongst his society?
5. What does Solomon Lindo refer to as the system he is putting Meena on, wherein she will work for her wages?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)