|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what newspaper does Meena first see the notice from the Sierra Leone Company for free resettlement in Africa in Book Three, Chapter 16?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Royal Gazette.
(d) The London Times.
2. What is the title of Book Two, Chapter 6?
(a) We Glide Over the Unburied.
(b) Three Revolutions of the Moon.
(c) They Call Me an ‘African’.
(d) And Now I am Old.
3. What is the name of the black community where Meena lives in Nova Scotia?
4. What name does Meena give her daughter in Book Three, Chapter 15?
5. Whom does Dolly describe as “the Boss man of the whole land” in Book Two, Chapter 9?
(a) King Henry IX.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) President Adams.
(d) King Charles III.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solomon Lindo refer to as the system he is putting Meena on, wherein she will work for her wages?
2. What language does Meena’s father’s people speak?
3. How many years ago does Thomas Peters say he ran from the man who owned him in North Carolina in Book Three, Chapter 16?
4. Solomon Lindo tells Meena that they are both outsiders. Why does Lindo consider himself to be an outsider amongst his society?
5. What kind of business is Alverna Witherspoon’s husband said to run in Book Three, Chapter 15?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)