|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Meena’s father’s people speak?
2. What is the name of the place that everyone tells Meena she is from in Book Two, Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of the Bamana woman that Meena encounters during the walking journey in the New World in Book Two, Chapter 6?
4. Whom does Dolly describe as “the Boss man of the whole land” in Book Two, Chapter 9?
(a) King Charles III.
(b) President Adams.
(c) King Henry IX.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
5. When does the narrator say the British cut off provisions to the colony in Nova Scotia in Book Three, Chapter 15?
(a) July, 1787.
(b) September, 1777.
(c) March, 1765.
(d) November, 1789.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Charles Town founded in honor of King Charles II of England?
2. What is the name of the older black man that Dolly buys most of her food items from in town each day in Book Two, Chapter 9?
3. Where does Meena send her letter to Sam Fraunces in Book Three, Chapter 15?
4. 144. What is the name of the lieutenant from the Royal Navy that comes to Birchtown to convince the blacks there to resettle in Sierra Leone in Book Three, Chapter 16?
5. What is the title of Book Two, Chapter 10?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)