|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business is Alverna Witherspoon’s husband said to run in Book Three, Chapter 15?
(a) A gold mining business.
(b) A print shop.
(c) A trapping business.
(d) A whaling business.
2. Whom does Dolly describe as “the boss woman” of the white people and also “the Black Queen” in Book Two, Chapter 9?
(a) Queen Virginia.
(b) Queen Charlotte.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Queen Mary.
3. What is the name of the underground passage of messages among the slaves that Meena hears of in Book Two, Chapter 6?
(a) The fishnet.
(b) The railroad.
(c) The flock.
(d) The whisper.
4. How far is Dolly in her pregnancy when Meena first meets her in Book Two, Chapter 9?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 5 months.
5. In what newspaper does Meena first see the notice from the Sierra Leone Company for free resettlement in Africa in Book Three, Chapter 16?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The Royal Gazette.
(d) The London Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meena send her letter to Sam Fraunces in Book Three, Chapter 15?
2. What is the name of Meena’s baby that was taken by Mr. Appleby and sold?
3. What year is denoted by the author in the opening of Book Two, Chapter 5?
4. What term does Solomon Lindo tell Meena he prefers to use, rather than “slave,” in Book Two, Chapter 9?
5. When was Charles Town founded in honor of King Charles II of England?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)