Chapters 1 - 2
1. What is the title of Book One, Chapter 1?
(a) And Now I am Old.
(b) Words Swim Farther than a Man Can Walk.
(c) The Shape of Africa.
(d) We Glide Over the Unburied.
2. What year is noted in the opening of Book One, Chapter 1?
3. Where is the narrator of the novel located in Book One, Chapter 1?
(c) Sullivan Island.
4. What is the holy book of Islam?
(a) The Rigveda.
(b) The Qur’an.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Ginza Rba.
5. What is the name of the village where Meena was born in the novel?
6. What is Meena’s full name in the novel?
(a) Amanita Equiano.
(b) Aminata Diallo.
(c) Amanita Maria.
(d) Aminata Amiki.
7. Around what year does Meena say she was born in Book One, Chapter 1?
8. Whom does Meena say she has instructed to change none of her words in the story of her life, in Book One, Chapter 1?
(a) Scott Wilson.
(b) Olaudah Equiano.
(c) Hector Smithers.
(d) John Clarkson.
This section contains 4,390 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)