|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits and talks to Lori while she is hiding?
2. What does Lori do when she is forced to go to school?
3. What does Torey fear about Birk's arrival?
4. Who is to blame for Lori's absence from school?
5. What does Libby say should happen to Edna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the event that happens with Boo when Lori gives him a present.
2. In Chapter 19, what happens when Lori's traumatic episode is over?
3. What happens when Thomaso opens Lori's gift to him?
4. Describe what causes Boo to revert to old behaviors.
5. When Torey finds out that Lori is going to have to repeat first grade, what does she do?
6. When Torey realizes the school year is drawing to a close, what kind of activities does Torey help Lori work on?
7. What does Dan believe about students like Lori and what do his beliefs cause?
8. What happens to Torey and each of her students at the end of the book?
9. How does Torey find out Claudia had her baby?
10. What does Ariadne tell Torey about her teaching methods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 31, Torey tries to help Lori by reintroducing her to reading. What makes Torey do this? What book does she use to teach Lori? How does Torey teach Lori to read using the particular book she chose? What does Lori achieve from her lessons with Torey?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, Boo experiences his first real act of wanting to be physically touched by another person. What event happened that made Boo want to have physical contact with others? What did he do when he felt the need to make contact with others? Describe the actions he made.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 23, Libby visits Torey's class and informs her about the reason why Lori has been absent from school. What is the real reason why Lori is absent from school and who is to blame for her fear to return? What does Torey do when she finds out why Lori is absent? When Lori returns to school, what does Torey do? Why does she do this? Who is she afraid to tell about her plans to help Lori?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)