|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lori realize about herself?
2. Who is the only student who returns to Torey's class the next year?
3. What did Torey miss by arriving home late?
4. What does Torey realize about Libby?
5. Where does Torey think Lori is the safest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomaso bring to school and what does he does it cause?
2. What does Torey do when Lori returns to school?
3. Describe what causes Boo to revert to old behaviors.
4. When Libby talks to Torey about Lori's injury, what happens?
5. What does Torey realize she is witnessing when talking to Libby?
6. What happens after Thomaso's outburst in Chapter 17 and what is Torey's thoughts on why it happened?
7. What does Dan believe about students like Lori and what do his beliefs cause?
8. What does Ariadne tell Torey about her teaching methods?
9. What happens to Torey and each of her students at the end of the book?
10. What happens on the last day of class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Torey meets Boo's mother for a meeting, Torey finds out many things. What does Torey find out about the relationship between Boo's parents? What does Boo's mother fear will happen to Boo? Who causes Boo's mother to be fearful about Boo's future?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 29, Torey is visited by Ariadne Boom. Who is Ariadne? Why does she visit Torey and her class? What does Ariadne's presence in Torey's classroom cause? What comments does Ariadne make to Torey about her class, teaching methods and future as a teacher?
Essay Topic 3
In the story, Torey talks about her relationship with Joc. Discuss the relationship. Does Joc support Torey's career? What does Torey see happening with her and Joc's relationship? Cite examples from the story to support your answers.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)