|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Lori is enrolled in Edna's class, what right does Edna have?
2. When Lori comes out of hiding, what does she tell Torey she did?
3. What does Lori bring to each of the students in Torey's class?
4. As the year draws to a close, what does Torey wish?
5. What does Torey wish she could do for the children in her class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Lori to lash out at the beginning of Chapter 30 and what does it cause?
2. What does Torey do when Lori returns to school?
3. What does Thomaso admit to Torey and what does he describe to her?
4. What happens on the last day of class?
5. What is Thomaso's big announcement to the class and what follows it?
6. Describe the event that happens with Boo when Lori gives him a present.
7. In Chapter 19, what happens when Lori's traumatic episode is over?
8. When Libby talks to Torey about Lori's injury, what happens?
9. What causes a dispute between Edna and Torey?
10. What does Ariadne tell Torey about her teaching methods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, Lori often refers to children who are not in Torey's class as "regular" kids. What did Lori mean by this? How did this idea of hers affect her throughout the story? Cite examples from the book to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Claudia is the fourth student assigned to Torey's class. Why is Claudia sent to Torey's class? How old is she and what grade is she in? What does Birk inform Torey is the goal for Claudia each day?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 5, Boo experiences his first real act of wanting to be physically touched by another person. What event happened that made Boo want to have physical contact with others? What did he do when he felt the need to make contact with others? Describe the actions he made.
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)