|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joc do when Torey doesn't say yes to marrying him?
2. What grade is Claudia in?
3. Who does Thomaso say hates him?
4. What does Torey regret doing?
5. What does Claudia say when Torey questions her on her future plans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Boo.
2. Discuss Torey's feelings when she comments to Thomaso that his father makes him angry.
3. Describe the relationship between Torey and Joc.
4. Who is Claudia and why is she put in Torey's class?
5. Why does Torey say it is hard for her to communicate with Claudia?
6. Discuss the meeting between Torey and Claudia's parents.
7. What happens between Torey and Joc in December?
8. Describe what happens when Lori begins to lose focus in her classes?
9. Describe Lori's reaction to Boo's injury and visit to the hospital.
10. What happens when Torey and Lori play cards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Claudia is the fourth student assigned to Torey's class. Why is Claudia sent to Torey's class? How old is she and what grade is she in? What does Birk inform Torey is the goal for Claudia each day?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Edna's attitude towards special needs children versus Torey's. In what ways does Edna speak poorly of the students in Torey's class? Why doesn't Torey speak up to Edna when she disagrees with her teaching methods? Does Edna treat any of the other children in the school poorly? Is her discipline focused on Lori and special needs children only?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 23, Libby visits Torey's class and informs her about the reason why Lori has been absent from school. What is the real reason why Lori is absent from school and who is to blame for her fear to return? What does Torey do when she finds out why Lori is absent? When Lori returns to school, what does Torey do? Why does she do this? Who is she afraid to tell about her plans to help Lori?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)