|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lori asks Boo what electrical sockets do, what does Boo reply?
2. What does Torey say she has to do when Boo leaves for the day?
3. What is Birk Jones's job?
4. What does Thomaso tell Torey not to tell Lori?
5. How does Boo get injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the third child brought to Torey's classroom and what does the child do when they first join the class?
2. What events follow when Lori drops and breaks her bowl of ice cream?
3. Describe Boo's speaking skills and discuss what happens when he begins to talk in Chapter 12.
4. Why does Torey say it is hard for her to communicate with Claudia?
5. What do Claudia and Torey discuss in Chapter 13?
6. Describe Claudia while in Torey's class.
7. Why does Torey switch from having a full-sized class to one with only a few students?
8. What happens when Torey has a conference with Boo's mother?
9. When Lori brings up the subject of Santa Claus, what does Thomaso do?
10. What is Torey's reaction to Boo's speaking skills and the event that occurred in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Torey meets Boo, she says she is "probably" autistic instead of stating that Boo "is" autistic. What behavioral patterns, etc. does Boo portray that would cause Torey to think he is autistic?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, Lori goes into a trance. Explain what caused this to happen and the events that followed. What did Torey believe was happening to Lori when she went into such a trance-like state?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 7, Thomaso is the third child to join Torey's class. Discuss Thomaso's first day. What did he do? How did he behave towards the other children? Why was he put in Torey's class?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)