|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boo do when he arrives at Torey's classroom?
2. What does Edna redevelop?
3. What does Thomaso say he wants to do with his own potted plant?
4. What event did Thomaso witness?
5. What mean name does Thomaso call Boo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Boo does when he wanders around Torey's classroom.
2. Discuss how Boo injured himself in Chapter 9 and what happens when he is taken to the hospital.
3. Describe the dispute between Lori and Edna in Chapter 2.
4. Describe what happens when Lori begins to lose focus in her classes?
5. Why does Lori spend Halloween in Edna's classroom and what happens while she is there?
6. Describe the relationship between Torey and Joc.
7. What happens when Torey has a conference with Boo's mother?
8. What does Torey discover about Thomaso's past when she reads his personal file?
9. What happens between Torey and Joc in December?
10. What happens when Torey and Lori play cards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 29, Torey is visited by Ariadne Boom. Who is Ariadne? Why does she visit Torey and her class? What does Ariadne's presence in Torey's classroom cause? What comments does Ariadne make to Torey about her class, teaching methods and future as a teacher?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, Torey's class throws a birthday party for Thomaso. What were Torey's thoughts on the party? How did Thomaso feel about having a birthday party? What gift did Lori give Thomaso and what was his reaction?
Essay Topic 3
On Thomaso's first day in Torey's class, what do readers learn about his past? Discuss the events that took place. Does Thomaso's past have anything to do with his present behavior? Cite examples from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)