|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey admit about her feelings toward Libby?
(a) Torey likes her.
(b) Torey thinks Libby is exactly like Lori.
(c) Libby intimidates her.
(d) Libby is a mean child.
2. When Lori brings each student in Torey's class a present, what does she give Boo?
(a) A new box of crayons.
(b) A picture book.
(c) A new box of markers.
(d) A coloring book.
3. Why does Lori think she is excluded from the event?
(a) She's not a "regular" first-grader.
(b) She's not smart enough.
(c) The parents complained about her behavior.
(d) Edna doesn't like her.
4. As the school year draws to a close, what does Torey find out that causes her to make a final effort to teach Lori to read?
(a) Lori's father is taking her out of Torey's class.
(b) Lori has to repeat first grade.
(c) Lori is moving.
(d) Lori doesn't like her father.
5. What does Boo walk around the room agitatedly saying on the day a fellow classmate is absent from school?
(a) "What what what."
(b) "Where is Lori?"
(c) "What letter is this?"
(d) "Who are you?"
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thomaso sees his birthday present, what is his first reaction?
2. Who is to blame for Lori's absence from school?
3. What weapon does Thomaso use against Torey?
4. Who is called about Lori's behavior?
5. When Lori comes out of hiding, what does she tell Torey she did?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visits Torey and what does Birk inform the visitor about Torey's class?
2. What ends Torey and Joc's relationship?
3. Describe how Lori feels when she sees the change her present to Boo creates in him.
4. What does Dan believe about students like Lori and what do his beliefs cause?
5. What happens when Lori is absent from school?
6. What does Libby inform Torey is the reason for Lori's absence from school?
7. When Libby talks to Torey about Lori's injury, what happens?
8. When Torey realizes the school year is drawing to a close, what kind of activities does Torey help Lori work on?
9. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 19?
10. What happens after Thomaso's outburst in Chapter 17 and what is Torey's thoughts on why it happened?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)