|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the school year, what does Torey teach Lori in order to give Lori the gift of success?
(a) Pre-reading activities.
(b) Spelling activities.
(c) Toilet training.
(d) How to put on her socks and shoes.
2. Who urges Boo to continue speaking?
3. What does Torey say Boom has that she lacks?
(a) Good speaking skills.
4. What does Torey say she is prepared to have happen after Boo's remarkable speaking event?
(a) For Boo to continuing improving.
(b) For Boo to not understand what had happened.
(c) For Boo to return to his vacant looks.
(d) For Boo to be excited.
5. What does Joc tell Torey when they have a fight?
(a) "You're not the best teacher."
(b) "Leave your work behind when you go home."
(c) "Get off your God trip."
(d) "Your job isn't important."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Libby ask Torey?
2. When Torey informs Lori that the way Edna treated her the day she threw up in class was wrong, what does Lori agree to do?
3. What does Edna find out Torey is not doing for Lori?
4. What does Birk request?
5. What does Boom urge Torey to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Torey realizes the school year is drawing to a close, what kind of activities does Torey help Lori work on?
2. What causes a dispute between Edna and Torey?
3. What kind of support group does Torey try to find and what happens due to her efforts?
4. How does Torey find out Claudia had her baby?
5. What happens on the last day of class?
6. What does Torey realize she is witnessing when talking to Libby?
7. Describe what causes Boo to revert to old behaviors.
8. What does Thomaso bring to school and what does he does it cause?
9. What does Dan believe about students like Lori and what do his beliefs cause?
10. In Chapter 17, describe what the class does for Thomaso, including his feelings as well as Torey's that are involved.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)