|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age group is allowed to attend pregnancy programs while in school?
(a) 12 plus.
(b) 20 and under.
(c) 16 plus.
(d) 13 plus.
2. With the information that Lori is given about the words in the book Torey gives her, what is Lori able to do?
(a) Feel confident.
(b) Pass her classes.
(d) Feel pride.
3. As the school year draws to a close, what does Torey find out that causes her to make a final effort to teach Lori to read?
(a) Lori has to repeat first grade.
(b) Lori's father is taking her out of Torey's class.
(c) Lori is moving.
(d) Lori doesn't like her father.
4. What honor does Claudia graduate with?
(a) Class President.
(c) Regional essay contest winner.
(d) State art contest winner.
5. What does Boo do to Claudia that causes him to revert to his old behaviors of running around the room and taking off all of his clothes?
(a) Licks her arm.
(b) Smells her arm.
(c) Bites her.
(d) Stares at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomaso do to his birthday present?
2. What does Torey say she is prepared to have happen after Boo's remarkable speaking event?
3. Why does Lori think she is excluded from the event?
4. At the end of the school year, what does Torey teach Lori in order to give Lori the gift of success?
5. What words in Lori's reading book does Torey tell her mean "oh"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Libby talks to Torey about Lori's injury, what happens?
2. What causes a dispute between Edna and Torey?
3. When Torey finds out that Lori is going to have to repeat first grade, what does she do?
4. In Chapter 19, what happens when Lori's traumatic episode is over?
5. What happens after the dispute between Edna and Torey?
6. What happens to Torey and each of her students at the end of the book?
7. What happens after Thomaso's outburst in Chapter 17 and what is Torey's thoughts on why it happened?
8. What causes Lori to lash out at the beginning of Chapter 30 and what does it cause?
9. Describe how Lori feels when she sees the change her present to Boo creates in him.
10. What ends Torey and Joc's relationship?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)