|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey suggest to Claudia's parents in order to help them?
(a) A child support group.
(b) Parenting classes.
(d) A parent support group.
2. What does Claudia label herself when talking to Torey?
(a) A problem child.
(b) A baby.
(d) An adult.
3. Who informs Torey that she will be getting a fourth student?
(b) The principal.
(c) The students mother.
4. Why does Torey say she works well with little kids?
(a) Little kids are less troublesome.
(b) Little kids aren't as talkative.
(c) She's a child herself.
(d) She's always loved children.
5. Besides removing Claudia from Torey's classroom, what else does Torey believe Claudia's parents will do if she suggests working with them?
(a) Get her teaching license taken away.
(b) Complain to the board of education.
(c) Sue her.
(d) Get her fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomaso say he wants to do with his own potted plant?
2. What does Boo's mother refuse to do when she brings Boo to school?
3. What does Thomaso tell Torey not to tell Lori?
4. Why does Lori spend Halloween in Edna's classroom?
5. What does Thomaso tell Lori he believes in even if he's never seen them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Torey's reaction to Boo's speaking skills and the event that occurred in Chapter 12?
2. What events follow when Lori drops and breaks her bowl of ice cream?
3. What nickname does Torey give Boo and why?
4. Describe the relationship between Torey and Joc.
5. What happens when Boo arrives at Torey's classroom?
6. Describe what happens when Lori begins to lose focus in her classes?
7. Describe Lori's reaction to Boo's injury and visit to the hospital.
8. What teaching techniques does Torey use in order to help Boo?
9. Who is the third child brought to Torey's classroom and what does the child do when they first join the class?
10. Describe Claudia while in Torey's class.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)