|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomaso say his father will do when he finds out he's in Torey's class?
(a) Force him to stay there.
(b) Take him away.
(c) Be upset.
(d) Be angry.
2. What does Torey push Claudia to do?
(a) Talk about her life at home.
(b) Talk about her social life.
(c) Talk about her plans for the baby.
(d) Talk about her parents.
3. What does Torey do when Thomaso goes into a rage when he can't have his own potted plant?
(a) Restrains him.
(b) Sends him to the office.
(c) Ignores him.
(d) Argues with him.
4. How do Claudia's parents feel about Claudia being pregnant?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They think she's a trouble maker.
(c) They hate it.
(d) They think she did it on purpose.
5. Which statement below best describes Boo's speech?
(a) One syllable words only.
(b) Parroted pieces of conversation.
(c) Loud screams only.
(d) Short outbursts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey inform the physician at the hospital about Boo?
2. What grade is Claudia in?
3. When Lori asks Boo what electrical sockets do, what does Boo reply?
4. Who does Thomaso like to watch?
5. How does Boo get injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the things that Thomaso does while in Torey's classroom in order to get attention as well as anger those around him.
2. Describe what happens when Lori begins to lose focus in her classes?
3. Discuss how Boo injured himself in Chapter 9 and what happens when he is taken to the hospital.
4. Describe the relationship between Torey and Joc.
5. What teaching techniques does Torey use in order to help Boo?
6. Describe what Boo does when he wanders around Torey's classroom.
7. Explain what Claudia believes her future will be when she has her baby.
8. What does Torey discover about Thomaso's past when she reads his personal file?
9. Describe Lori's reaction to Boo's injury and visit to the hospital.
10. Describe Boo's speaking skills and discuss what happens when he begins to talk in Chapter 12.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)